Misc Prometheus Stuff

Started by ikarop, May 02, 2012, 10:33:57 PM

Author
Misc Prometheus Stuff (Read 226,000 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Alien³ on Oct 09, 2012, 12:17:57 AM
Can anyone shed some light onto the date 10/11/12 that appears at the end of the credits on the UK Blu-ray release?

That date has been popping up since the theatrical release, I believe. It led to the discovery of the pre-TED Talk Weyland viral (the one with him drinking and talking to himself).

Until the 11th, I doubt we'll know exactly what it means.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 09, 2012, 02:02:17 AM
Can anyone shed some light onto the date 10/11/12 that appears at the end of the credits on the UK Blu-ray release?

That date has been popping up since the theatrical release, I believe. It led to the discovery of the pre-TED Talk Weyland viral (the one with him drinking and talking to himself).

Until the 10th of November, I doubt we'll know exactly what it means.

fixed.
Weyland is British, Ridley is British, the movie was a British production, it would be using the British date system.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: AvatarIII on Oct 09, 2012, 12:21:48 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 09, 2012, 02:02:17 AM

Until the 10th of November, I doubt we'll know exactly what it means.

fixed.
Weyland is British, Ridley is British, the movie was a British production, it would be using the British date system.

My excitement level is beginning to soar again.

Virgil

Virgil

ikarop

ikarop

Higher resolution version from the Facebook page: http://i.imgur.com/hm4SP.jpg

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Ah, I was just going to mention this.

Virgil

Virgil

My image is now in glorious, sexy high resolution.

Berserker Pred

Berserker Pred

Quote from: Virgil on Oct 09, 2012, 05:07:45 PM

Very interesting. So what I thought was true. Eating it makes you slowly disintegrate and Inhaling it makes mutate. The "Sexual Arousal" is interesting. Was thing stuff made in part so that the subject has sex and creates a trilobite?

OmegaZilla

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Hydrosphere absorption, does that indicate that the Engineers intended to dump this into a planet's water supply, causing all life to effectively disintegrate within a few months?

But disintegrate into what?  Too bad they totally fobbed what Holloway would've disintegrated into... and what is the relation to what the sacrificial engineer drank?  It also appears that inhaling it has the same effect as topical exposure, or rubbing it all over your tattooed, mohawked head.

This is very cool, but the only answers... are more questions! :laugh:

I'm also tempted to go off on some long, exhausting tirade about why such a sophisticated, dangerous mutagen was housed in a bogus old-balls stone temple looking complex and not an extremely advanced laboratory with several layers of powerful safety systems.  I guess the advanced flute technology couldn't create clean rooms? :laugh: :laugh:  Just kidding, I'm enjoying all of this stuff..

Just wish it were in the bloody film.

kittychu6

kittychu6

Quote from: Berserker Pred on Oct 09, 2012, 06:08:26 PM

Very interesting. So what I thought was true. Eating it makes you slowly disintegrate and Inhaling it makes mutate. The "Sexual Arousal" is interesting. Was thing stuff made in part so that the subject has sex and creates a trilobite?

the folks who wrote that made a bodge job. how would consuming it change the reaction compared to inhaling/rolling in it. thats just stupid.
the sexual arousal thing is also completely un-necessary. the person who wrote that clearly didnt think of it at all

TheLoon

TheLoon

Quote from: kittychu6 on Oct 09, 2012, 07:24:48 PM

the folks who wrote that made a bodge job. how would consuming it change the reaction compared to inhaling/rolling in it. thats just stupid.
the sexual arousal thing is also completely un-necessary. the person who wrote that clearly didnt think of it at all

well if you notice the translation is only 4.2 % complete

Valaquen

Valaquen

The "Sexual Arousal" is interesting. Was thing stuff made in part so that the subject has sex and creates a trilobite?
Seems put in there to justify Holloway and Shaw having sex ... which is weird 'cause they're a romantically involved couple.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed