Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Rating Predi...
Last post by GrimmVision - Today at 11:53:45 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Today at 06:09:32 AMDamn putting Aliens next to Covenant and Prometheus above it. You must be the bravest man I know

I just don't connect with the "oorah" machismo Colonial Marine stuff. Never did even when I was younger, and still don't. At one point, before the prequels, my ranking was the order they released in, but I got older and my tastes shifted.

I'm not much for the idea of the military industrial complex. I don't personally care for war movies. Same reasons I don't care for the Brotherhood of Steel faction within the Fallout franchise, another property I also adore.

I just think Alien as a whole has bigger and better things to say rather than riding on the nostalgia-based coattails of the second film. There's already so much expanded media based on it, and that will never change because Money.

That being said, Aliens is still my second favorite Ripley story next to Alien³.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Riddick
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 11:45:54 AM
I actually quite liked the 2013 movie (though my heart lies with Chronicles, first and foremost - love that big meathead Space Conan riff 8)).

Riddick (2013) actually really nails the pulpy tone that I'd love to see a future space-set Predator movie shoot for (crossing my fingers for Badlands!).

Hurry up and announce that Patrick Tatopoulos will be on board for this one. The synopsis mentions a monster!
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Riddick
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 11:40:44 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Today at 06:03:23 AMAs much as I wasn't keen on Riddick, I did really enjoy the first two, and I'm quite eager to see how this goes. I should look to see if the games are available on Steam or GoG. I know they were always well praised but I never got to around to them when they came out.

Escape From Butcher Bay is really cool, although it might be a bit old now graphically and gameplay wise.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 11:35:33 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Today at 11:04:40 AMFunny, I had sketched this the other day while bored in paint, wondering how it looked like (ignore my cartoony style)
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/687781300232388650/1237721418440114227/image.png?ex=663cad65&is=663b5be5&hm=a6b72e2ac9bafb5cbfc592fc1aaa9635d2680861085efcd615f10fee664692b1&=&format=webp&quality=lossless

Something I already noticed in the design is that it has way more teeth than most Aliens, the little cable connecting the chin and head too, and the return of the back spike of course

Maybe it's the angle of the shot that gives the impression it has more teeth ? But it's possible it has more teeth.
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Today at 08:20:53 AMMight I suggest my own piece I did on all this a couple years back @Nukiemorph @GrimmVision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YypOJvThyqk
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/alien-movies/alien-covenant/alien-creation-controversy/

Great video Corporal; your end thoughts definitely mirror mine.
Opening night ticket acquired. 8)
Last post by PAS Spinelli - Today at 11:04:40 AM
Funny, I had sketched this the other day while bored in paint, wondering how it looked like (ignore my cartoony style)

Something I already noticed in the design is that it has way more teeth than most Aliens, the little cable connecting the chin and head too, and the return of the back spike of course
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Rating Predi...
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 10:22:47 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Today at 06:09:32 AMDamn putting Aliens next to Covenant

The more time passes, the more I become tempted to slip Covenant up a notch so that it is at the same level as Aliens and Alien 3 on my own list.
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 10:05:03 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Today at 09:28:46 AMRidges might not be the right term. They're almost like ripples in water.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed