Anchorpoint Essays Back Online

Started by Darkness, Oct 03, 2007, 02:53:50 PM

Author
Anchorpoint Essays Back Online (Read 11,514 times)

XenoVC

XenoVC

anchorpoint,add a section about the Predalien  ;)

Thedus

Thedus

I'm not really sure how I'll handle that one.  It may have it's own section or it may fall under "Hybrids."  Once I've seen the film I'll have a better idea of how to incorporate the events in the film.  Chances are, though,  AVP-R will have it's own sub-section, and not be part of the Essays dealing with the four ALIEN films. ;)

XenoVC

XenoVC

Now that A V P R is out wiill The site be updated?

Commander Aun

Not only that, you could add a new thing about reproduction, and the darker facehuggers. Why are some of the facehuggers in AVPR darker?

Thedus

Thedus

Quote from: XenoVC on Dec 31, 2007, 10:47:48 AM

As an FYI - I'm posting weekly updates (mostly PSAs) on the site to let folks know what's going on with the site, what I'm working on, and what's in store.  The updates are in "Site News."  The updates are posted every Friday night/Saturday morning.

I'm waiting until after the DVD comes out to add any AVP-R info.  And all AVP related info will be under its own section: "Pre-History."  Meaning anything happening prior to ALIEN, since the site is really about the ALIEN franchise.  I see AVP as a franchise separate from ALIEN and PREDATOR, so I want to keep the info to it's own section.

And I'm currently working on updates to the site.  I'm currently re-writing the Hive and Social Behavior Essays, since that material was 10 years old and I don't really agree with my thoughts on these any more.

I will touch on the Queen-born-of-a-predator, and how it reproduces, when the AVP-R material is added.  At this point I'm still working out how exactly that would work without killing the host well before the bursters emerge.

...As for why the huggers are darker in AVP-R: The first thing that comes to mind is that those huggers were kept in stasis tubes.  We have no idea what sort of solution the Predators kept them in... it's likely to be very different than what the colonists used on LV-426, so it's possible that their skin reacts to it over time.  There's also the fact that Predators don't use and perceive light the same way we do. So it's possible that what ever form of light they use for ambient illumination may cause a reaction in the facehuggers' skin - similar to how our own skin reacts to ultraviolet light.  And without the protection of an egg they grow darker. ...Just some quick thoughts.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Nice theories, I agree with them, can't wait to see how you make sense of the mess.

Commander Aun

Quote from: Kriszilla on Jan 02, 2008, 07:44:19 PM
Nice theories, I agree with them, can't wait to see how you make sense of the mess.

I think he will figure it out ;) Good luck man, your theories are very good.

Alienseseses

Quote from: Thedus on Jan 02, 2008, 07:00:00 PM
Quote from: XenoVC on Dec 31, 2007, 10:47:48 AM

As an FYI - I'm posting weekly updates (mostly PSAs) on the site to let folks know what's going on with the site, what I'm working on, and what's in store.  The updates are in "Site News."  The updates are posted every Friday night/Saturday morning.

I'm waiting until after the DVD comes out to add any AVP-R info.  And all AVP related info will be under its own section: "Pre-History."  Meaning anything happening prior to ALIEN, since the site is really about the ALIEN franchise.  I see AVP as a franchise separate from ALIEN and PREDATOR, so I want to keep the info to it's own section.

And I'm currently working on updates to the site.  I'm currently re-writing the Hive and Social Behavior Essays, since that material was 10 years old and I don't really agree with my thoughts on these any more.

I will touch on the Queen-born-of-a-predator, and how it reproduces, when the AVP-R material is added.  At this point I'm still working out how exactly that would work without killing the host well before the bursters emerge.

...As for why the huggers are darker in AVP-R: The first thing that comes to mind is that those huggers were kept in stasis tubes.  We have no idea what sort of solution the Predators kept them in... it's likely to be very different than what the colonists used on LV-426, so it's possible that their skin reacts to it over time.  There's also the fact that Predators don't use and perceive light the same way we do. So it's possible that what ever form of light they use for ambient illumination may cause a reaction in the facehuggers' skin - similar to how our own skin reacts to ultraviolet light.  And without the protection of an egg they grow darker. ...Just some quick thoughts.
Any theories as to why the huggers squirm while on the face?
Also, the alien was doing something with his inner tongue. Eating... or preparing hive material?

SiL

SiL

They squirm to get a better grip.

The pulsating is the breathing/impregnating, and the tail tightening is telling others to back off/securing a hold/killing host in case of emergency.

Thedus

Thedus

I couldn't have said it better myself. :D

Commander Aun

Quote from: SiL on Jan 03, 2008, 10:49:36 AM
They squirm to get a better grip.

The pulsating is the breathing/impregnating, and the tail tightening is telling others to back off/securing a hold/killing host in case of emergency.

Yeah, they like to hold onto there dates do that. One minute they hold on like nothing in the world is gonna break it off, the next minute, it leaves like it never liked the person. So weird ::)

fluxcap

fluxcap

lol I just thought they were dirty from the crash. My simple mind...

Commander Aun

Quote from: fluxcap on Jan 04, 2008, 04:22:29 AM
lol I just thought they were dirty from the crash. My simple mind...

Hes good lol, but thats a very good explanation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed