Fox Chairman Tom Rothman talked about Predator 3

Started by Darkoo, Oct 14, 2008, 10:23:08 PM

Author
Fox Chairman Tom Rothman talked about Predator 3 (Read 3,813 times)

Darkoo

QuoteIESB: Just a couple days ago, John Davis, brought up a couple of things, you've probably read about, that he's talked to Arnold [Schwarzenegger] and that he would like to do a stand alone Predator movie.

TR: Who? Arnold would or John?

IESB: Both John and Arnold.

TR: Just give us a call just as soon as his political days are over. Hey, it's all news to me but we would certainly be open to it.

IESB: How about a reboot? No?

TR: You mean with or without Arnold?

IESB: Without Arnold.

TR: That's an idea, I'm gonna make a note of that.

IESB: Davis said that Arnold mentioned to him that as soon as he's done with his Governorship and if he doesn't go onto any other government position, that he'd like to do 1 or 2 movies.

TR: You'll forgive me if I'm a little skeptical about John and that but...just give the Governor my number. Tell him as soon as he gets the state budget signed to call me.
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_ezine&task=read&page=1&category=2&article=5599

sporty98

This sounds pretty whacked, i am pretty sure, Arnold wants to stay in politics. but he might miss the money.

Cellien

That interview pretty much gave no info whatsoever. 

Craig

That guy seemed quite confused.

Huol

It seemed like "oh hey thats a good idea" *scribbles notes*

Any other ones?

EEV2650

Well it sounds fake. I cant picture a fox chairman talking like that. They way they talked didnt sound professional.

wmmvrrvrrmm

he sounded sarcastic to me

PHANTOM

Quote from: EEV2650 on Oct 30, 2008, 09:43:34 AM
Well it sounds fake. I cant picture a fox chairman talking like that. They way they talked didnt sound professional.

You have much to learn about Tom Rothman then. This sounds exactly what Tom Rothman would say, he's a f**king prick. I swear, he reminds me of Burke from Aliens.

gameoverman

Yeah I read an article about Fox claiming they are driving away directors because they interfere too much.  Now they are losing money to the other studios.

Rothman is such a tool he raped X Men 3 to death because he doesn't like robots (hence no Sentinels) and now Dragonball.  Damn you Rothman!  :P

Master Chief

It sounded like one of those "quick, you got 30 seconds left" interviews.

Undeadite

Has anyone asked Arnold about the possibility as opposed to asking FOX? Whenever a rumor like this starts, its always a "he said that she said that a friend of his claimed...".

AcidGlow

PHANTOM

Quote from: gameoverman on Nov 03, 2008, 07:04:09 AM
Yeah I read an article about Fox claiming they are driving away directors because they interfere too much.  Now they are losing money to the other studios.

Rothman is such a tool he raped X Men 3 to death because he doesn't like robots (hence no Sentinels)

Are you f**king kidding me? He doesn't like robots?! What in the blue f**k is that suppose to mean? So, I guess Rothman hates Terminator 1 and 2?! Yeah those movies suck ::)

What is wrong with that man? I mean, if he was so greedy then why not hire big directors, big actors and good script writers to come up with the coolest movies ever made so he can continue making a shit load of money? Whats his f**king deal? What is his method in the film-making world?! Make a stupid movie that takes no effort at all and hope and pray everything works out?

Seriously, if that method was so effective then why aren't other studios doing the same? They could have done that with Hellboy 1 and 2, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Blade 1 and 2, The Incredible Hulk, Transformers, The Matrix trilogy ect.

I really don't understand his....methods, it's quite interesting. A greedy man that doens't know how to make as much money as he should....hmmm interesting.

Carnal Calligraphy

Quote from: PHANTOM on Nov 02, 2008, 11:17:25 PM
Quote from: EEV2650 on Oct 30, 2008, 09:43:34 AM

You have much to learn about Tom Rothman then. This sounds exactly what Tom Rothman would say, he's a f**king prick. I swear, he reminds me of Burke from Aliens.

LOL. Me too.

Proteus

I simply do not see any truth to that. On countingdown.com you see a slightly different interview with added information on the Predator 3 film that doesn't get mentioned in this interview. It's not much and it still does not give you any further information or interest in Tom Rothman or anyone at Fox doing a new Predator film.

And the way this Iesb.net interview sounds, it seems to me like he's far more interested in all these other projects. Plus he stated that he would "make a note of that", which he never said in the countingdown.com portion. Making a note sounds more to me like, "i'll place this way in the backburner and if I so happen to be bored one day; i'll consider it."

Goodbye Predator

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed