Alien Genocide

Started by Frankie, Jun 03, 2007, 01:35:15 AM

Author
Alien Genocide (Read 8,988 times)

Frankie

Frankie

Quote from: gameoverman on Jun 05, 2007, 06:28:45 AM
I really don't get how these things are supposed to work.   :-\

You don't know how RP sites are supposed to work?  Oh, well basically it's like telling a story with a bunch of other people, only you can only control your own character that you create and NPCs (Non-playable characters)  It's really fun, you can see what RPing is like in the RPing section of this forum. :) And if you still don't get it (or if I'm just not getting what you're not getting @.@) then I (or you) can explain.

Quote from: Jungle Hunter on Jun 05, 2007, 02:29:29 PM
The second story reminds me of the alien movie

Ah, yes, it's basically like the Alien movie, only there are a lot of Aliens on board, since the Queen is there to repopulate them, and there's a betrayal going on (or it will be going on once more people join and the site starts going) involving the humans and the Aliens.  Aaand there's a lot of people on the ship.  But it's basically the same, yes, and now I feel kinda bad for unknowingly copying the story... T.T

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Frankie on Jun 05, 2007, 08:25:07 PM
Quote from: gameoverman on Jun 05, 2007, 06:28:45 AM
I really don't get how these things are supposed to work.   :-\

You don't know how RP sites are supposed to work?  Oh, well basically it's like telling a story with a bunch of other people, only you can only control your own character that you create and NPCs (Non-playable characters)  It's really fun, you can see what RPing is like in the RPing section of this forum. :) And if you still don't get it (or if I'm just not getting what you're not getting @.@) then I (or you) can explain.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I'm not sure how the characters are supposed to interact in this but I'll just go read some more and find out.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

i'm guessing you can interact at anytime.

Ansul

Ansul

There's a chat box thingy if that helps any. Meh, I dunno. But not knowing anything is what makes all of the idiots at my school cool.  8)

Frankie

Frankie

Don't scare away the nice people, Anny.

Well, they interact by... okay, let's do a small sample:

First Person writes this: 'Bob was walking down the street, just minding his own business, when suddenly he tripped over a rock!  Stupid rock... he thought grumpily, getting up and brushing his hands off on his trousers.  But he wasn't looking and he bumped into someone and fell back down.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" he said quickly, jumping to his feet and feeling terrible about running into the person.'

Second Person writes this: 'Anny hadn't had a good day.  She had broken up with her boyfriend, dropped ice cream on her lap, tripped and fell right into a pond, and her shower at home refused to run anything but icy cold water.  "Well today sucks..." she muttered, kicking a small pebble.  She was looking down and didn't notice the man until it was too late.  Luckily she had balance, and she managed to catch herself before she fell, but the man didn't.

Giggling at how funny he looked, Anny shook her head, "Oh, don't worry about it, I'm fine." she said with a small smile.'

Aaaand that's basically how a regular RP would go.  Except with a different plot, your own characters, and more interesting things going on. :3  And that was just really simple stuff, we expect a little more mature writing, not just 'he walked over there.  He sat down.  He ate food.  He was happy.'

gameoverman

gameoverman

Ok, it looks like something you need to practice.  Thanks for the demo.  :)

Ansul

Ansul

Quote from: Frankie on Jun 07, 2007, 12:02:54 AM
Don't scare away the nice people, Anny.

Second Person writes this: 'Anny hadn't had a good day.  She had broken up with her boyfriend, dropped ice cream on her lap, tripped and fell right into a pond, and her shower at home refused to run anything but icy cold water.  "Well today sucks..." she muttered, kicking a small pebble.  She was looking down and didn't notice the man until it was too late.  Luckily she had balance, and she managed to catch herself before she fell, but the man didn't.

I'M A GUY!!!

Frankie

Frankie

Oops, that wasn't meant you be you, Anny! That was meant to be just some random girl named Anny!  Like, Annie Anny. ...Ehehe... :3

Rotaderp

Rotaderp

This sounds really cool for anyone who likes AVP....and typing.Im definetly going to check it out after I do a bit more on this site.Is it hard?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

This website has just been given up on, but i'll tell the makers if the site that you might join, maybe then they'll try and actually post there, because I am ready whenever anyone is ready because I really want to revive that damn site, so if you join i'll make sutre they know.

venom1104

venom1104

ill join if u let me be a predalien lol ;D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Not sure if you can do that, you might have to ask Frankie since the site is about us humans facing off an invasion of aliens, in two different types of settings.

Frankie

Frankie

Ahhh, AvP Galaxy... I haven't logged on in a looong time! ^-^;;  Weell, you can't be a predalien, venom, you can only be a human.  Only the really trusted, really good (at Rping) members get to be Aliens, so that's a very vague 'maybe', though most likely a no.

And to Rotaderp, it's not hard, it just takes a little time, since good Rpers look over their posts to make sure they mesh together with previous posts well, and to check for spelling and grammatical errors.  Overall it only takes me about ten minutes to post (about five paragraphs) at the most, those are usually quite advanced posts, too, and AG is an intermediate site.

:)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I am one of those good posters, the best damn it!!!  LOLOLOLOL

Rotaderp

Rotaderp

Hi um im trying to make a character on Genocide but I dont know where to put the form.Can anyone help me.

PS I dont feel I know where to put this on the Genocide site.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed