AVP2 Map Conversion

Started by Number13, Sep 12, 2019, 08:59:36 PM

Author
AVP2 Map Conversion (Read 3,590 times)

Number13

Number13

Could someone help me? I'm an amateur animator and hope to one day make an animated film on the events of Hadley's Hope before the Marines showed up from the POV of Newt. But I need a 3D model of Hadley's Hope, I have one from Gmod, but it's not very accurate. They got the hallways right, but nothing much else. I saw a great recreation of Hadley's Hope for AVP2 but I don't know how to make it compatible with Blender. I've seen there are tools to make them OBJ. files or something, and I've seen people make them compatible with Gmod or Counterstrike. Can someone help me, if you can I'd really appreciate it and would be credited in the film for your help when I do it.

Please help. Thank you.

windebieste

windebieste

Layout of Hadley's Hope maps are inaccurate to accommodate gameplay, depending on the mode it was intended for. 

I still have the Hostile Appetite.ed file.  You'll be welcome to use it if I can find it.  It has the entire HH complex as well as the derelict playable in 'AvP2'.  You may need load it into DEdit to view and port textures across into Blender or other 3D program - that's not something I know how to do but I can provide you with the raw map file. 

I'll hunt around for it and see what I can dig up.  It's been 10 years since I've worked on it and lot has happened since then.  It will be on a CD somewhere. 

-Windebieste.

Number13

Number13

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 12, 2019, 10:45:43 PM
Layout of Hadley's Hope maps are inaccurate to accommodate gameplay, depending on the mode it was intended for. 

I still have the Hostile Appetite.ed file.  You'll be welcome to use it if I can find it.  It has the entire HH complex as well as the derelict playable in 'AvP2'.  You may need load it into DEdit to view and port textures across into Blender or other 3D program - that's not something I know how to do but I can provide you with the raw map file. 

I'll hunt around for it and see what I can dig up.  It's been 10 years since I've worked on it and lot has happened since then.  It will be on a CD somewhere. 

-Windebieste.

Yeah, I could be wrong, but I think you can import the ED. file into DEdit and export it as an OBJ. file. I hope so anyway. But yeah, if you can dig it up, that'd be nice. Keep me posted. Thank you.

Now, when you say HH do you mean short for Hadley's Hope, or do you mean the map from AVP2 titled HH which is short for Hadley's Hope. Sorry, that's confusing. Cause there is a Hadley's Hope map titled HH that I've had my eye on that I thought was very accurate. Is that the one you're talking about? If not, I'd like to see what yours looks like.

Hey, Windebieste. I saw the video playthrough of the map you mentioned. I LOVE IT! I think it's perfect for what I need! So yeah, if you can dig it up, that'd be great and I would really appreciate it. Keep me posted.

windebieste

windebieste

I'm sorry.  I have had a look around and haven't been able to find the CD.  It will be in one of the boxes still in storage.  As I moved recently, it will probably stay that way until I move again sometime next year. 

If I do come across it, I will let you know but for now it's buried along with a bunch of other stuff I am aching to get my hands on once again.

-Windebieste.

I had another thought! 

In regards to the CD I was thinking along the lines of what I have archived.  I wasn't even considering the project files being on the hard drive of an old computer.  I still have the Pentium 4 that map was built on.  It'll still be on the hard drive.  I also know where to find that machine so don't give up hope just yet. 

I just gotta find time to dig it out and connect cables.  With some luck it will still work.  Won't happen today but I can do it.  I will let you know.

-Windebieste.

Number13

Number13

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 14, 2019, 10:26:53 PM
I'm sorry.  I have had a look around and haven't been able to find the CD.  It will be in one of the boxes still in storage.  As I moved recently, it will probably stay that way until I move again sometime next year. 

If I do come across it, I will let you know but for now it's buried along with a bunch of other stuff I am aching to get my hands on once again.

-Windebieste.

I had another thought! 

In regards to the CD I was thinking along the lines of what I have archived.  I wasn't even considering the project files being on the hard drive of an old computer.  I still have the Pentium 4 that map was built on.  It'll still be on the hard drive.  I also know where to find that machine so don't give up hope just yet. 

I just gotta find time to dig it out and connect cables.  With some luck it will still work.  Won't happen today but I can do it.  I will let you know.

-Windebieste.

Groovy. Keep me posted and thank you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed