SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers

Started by Gazz, Mar 27, 2013, 05:50:54 PM

Author
SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers (Read 60,322 times)

CainsSon

I just want to add that I think the series is in some serious danger. Not because PROMETHEUS 2 will not happen. Which is what evryone seems to think the major threat is here... But rather because with where PROMETHEUS left off, it is extremely easy for FOX to just make PROMETHEUS 2, a reboot of ALIEN that 'ALSO acts as a SEQUEL'

I'd pretty much rather see anything else than a ship investigating LV223 and taking off with a redesigned alien on board, and that is the easiest route to take. So, here's hoping anyone comes up with, or comes back to write something different.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 03, 2013, 07:10:02 PM
I just want to add that I think the series is in some serious danger. Not because PROMETHEUS 2 will not happen. Which is what evryone seems to think the major threat is here... But rather because with where PROMETHEUS left off, it is extremely easy for FOX to just make PROMETHEUS 2, a reboot of ALIEN that 'ALSO acts as a SEQUEL'

I'd pretty much rather see anything else than a ship investigating LV223 and taking off with a redesigned alien on board, and that is the easiest route to take. So, here's hoping anyone comes up with, or comes back to write something different.
Hmm. I hadn't thought of that, though I'm not sure it's that valid of a fear. If Ridley Scott is still in the works and if he does have some vision that supposedly spans more than one movie, we really shouldn't need to worry about this as an outcome.

Of course money is money and reboots are the damned rage right now...but I won't lose sleep over this.

ChrisPachi

Wasn't that the claim of the OP article? Nobody knows where to go with it - they are struggling to 'crack the story'.

IMO a religious nut flying off into space aboard an alien spaceship with a decapitated head in tow would make for a great BBC comedy series.

irn

It's a testament to how good the first few Alien films were by the way the franchise is still respected despite the sheer amount of a beating it has taken and that the amount of effort people are willing to go through in order to rationalise and repair this extremely harmful recent addition.

LarsVader

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 03, 2013, 11:47:40 PM
IMO a religious nut flying off into space aboard an alien spaceship with a decapitated head in tow would make for a great BBC comedy series.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexx

Darth Vile

Quote from: irn on Apr 04, 2013, 05:11:34 AM
It's a testament to how good the first few Alien films were by the way the franchise is still respected despite the sheer amount of a beating it has taken and that the amount of effort people are willing to go through in order to rationalise and repair this extremely harmful recent addition.
It's a cash cow. Or should that be a dead cash cow... I'm not sure 'respect' has anything to do with it. There hasnt been a good xeno film since Aliens.

irn

Quote from: Darth Vile on Apr 04, 2013, 08:10:02 AM
Quote from: irn on Apr 04, 2013, 05:11:34 AM
It's a cash cow. Or should that be a dead cash cow... I'm not sure 'respect' has anything to do with it. There hasnt been a good xeno film since Aliens.

I mean from the side of the fans, not the studios. The studios have near enough killed the franchise dead yet fans and casual moviegoers alike still have hope for it.

T Dog

Hmmmmmmmm, maybe somehow they can drift around in Space so long that they get picked up in a time frame beyond ALIEN 3.

Darth Vile

Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 04, 2013, 12:04:23 PM
Hmmmmmmmm, maybe somehow they can drift around in Space so long that they get picked up in a time frame beyond ALIEN 3.
That's because fans don't like to let things go... they can be obssesive/compulsive and irrational  ;)

ChrisPachi

Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 04, 2013, 12:04:23 PMHmmmmmmmm, maybe somehow they can drift around in Space so long that they get picked up in a time frame beyond ALIEN 3.

Shaw heads off into space without a plan and nothing but a space suit. The longest she can 'drift' without food is counted in months, not years, and that is if she has an ample water supply. Given however that she has just been through a shit ton of physical trauma, chances are she'd drop in a few days. And no, she can't drink David's blood or fit into an alien cryotube. ;)

Shaw is dead. Let's move on.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 06, 2013, 12:05:34 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 04, 2013, 12:04:23 PMHmmmmmmmm, maybe somehow they can drift around in Space so long that they get picked up in a time frame beyond ALIEN 3.

Shaw heads off into space without a plan and nothing but a space suit. The longest she can 'drift' without food is counted in months, not years, and that is if she has an ample water supply. Given however that she has just been through a shit ton of physical trauma, chances are she'd drop in a few days. And no, she can't drink David's blood or fit into an alien cryotube. ;)

Well that would be deeply unsatisfying.

TheChazmoch

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 06, 2013, 12:05:34 PM

Since we came from the Engineers and have similar physiology, why couldn't one of the Engineer cryotubes be configured to accommodate Shaw?

irn

I think the sequel(s) should conclude with everyone involved being dead and all the discoveries lost so that Alien is then a rediscovery of the horrors. Perhaps WY are still curious about the Prometheus mission, as it went a few decades ago and never came back. So that's why the detour to that system with the Nostromo was put into its flight plan. Que beacon on derelict and Ash getting all excited.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: TheChazmoch on Apr 07, 2013, 12:35:08 AM

Since we came from the Engineers and have similar physiology, why couldn't one of the Engineer cryotubes be configured to accommodate Shaw?

I think i'd agree.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed