Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed

Started by genocyber, Mar 13, 2017, 09:15:14 PM

Author
Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed (Read 52,057 times)

426Buddy

Quote from: skhellter on Mar 15, 2017, 07:59:13 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 15, 2017, 04:22:28 PM
He certainly did. I brought that quote up in my news post about it. That's why I think this concept of David recreating or just slightly altering an existing formula has some credibility.

Ridley is also saying (in every interview) that Covenant will reveal "who created the Alien and why". He said it wasnt the Engineers.

Hmmm I don't remember him stating specifically that the engineers didn't create them, did he actually say that?

chris_bert

He certainly did. I brought that quote up in my news post about it. That's why I think this concept of David recreating or just slightly altering an existing formula has some credibility.

Ridley is also saying (in every interview) that Covenant will reveal "who created the Alien and why". He said it wasnt the Engineers.
And now there's this new clip about David and the egg....
So that's probably a vain hope, Hicks.

David will be responsible for the eggs in LV-426.
:-X

How they'll link all of this back up to Alien? Well...
The Derelict probably crashed around the same time of the disaster on the LV223 facility...
David will probably travel to LV-426 at some point, find the ship and place the eggs there... he'll probably use the colonists of the Covenant to create the eggs. (there's about 2000 of them in cryo). He might even be the one responsible for setting up the Derelict's distress signal. Sequel to Covenant will probably take place in LV-426. 

Fascinating take on things and I'm not sure how I feel about that as a full circle with things to the original Alien/Nostromo film, but do we really need two or four or six or however many sequels to Covenant Ridley is planning...can't he just sum it up in the one film after Covenant?

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 15, 2017, 08:21:14 PM

Hmmm I don't remember him stating specifically that the engineers didn't create them, did he actually say that?

In one of the set reports Ridley said something along the lines of
"you'll find out who created the Alien and Why...
and if you think They (meaning the engineers) did it, then you're bloody wrong!"

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: skhellter on Mar 15, 2017, 08:27:34 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 15, 2017, 08:21:14 PM

In one of the set reports Ridley said something along the lines of
"you'll find out who created the Alien and Why...
and if you think They (meaning the engineers) did it, then you're bloody wrong!"

ah I see, not good news to hear... hopefully its left ambiguous enough for him to change his mind for the next film.

skhellter

Ah. found it. 
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/alien-covenant-set-visit-3-ridley-scott-billy-crudup-demian-bichir-540

from an interview with Ridley. he said -                                                           
They reinvented the idea of ALIEN with PROMETHEUS. And with COVENANT they are taking one step closer to who and why this thing was designed. And if you think it's the beings represented by the giant heads in the Altar room, you're dead wrong.

rabidranger

I still think it's one hell of a coincidence to have the Derelict from Alien with hundreds/thousands of eggs and Covenant to feature a ship that has thousands of colonists in cryo.

episodenone

Isn't it possible that while the Aliens actually come from some means of "natural selection"?

Not random per se -- but they evolved as nature needed them.  The goo and the host create them -- not tinkering in an Engineer lab.

It would be somewhat ironic if the "Engineers" did nothing more than tip that first domino.  Might explain why the Engineer in Prometheus looked somewhat surprised at the octopussy.

Not to mention -- it shows how easily the goo can morph in different ways depending on what the host is and what the Mode of Administration of the infection is.

The more appropriate question might be who created the Goo -- or to say it another way that I rarely see used on the boards -- "Primordial Ooze"

rabidranger

Quote from: episodenone on Mar 15, 2017, 09:05:13 PM
Isn't it possible that while the Aliens actually come from some means of "natural selection"?

Not random per se -- but they evolved as nature needed them.  The goo and the host create them -- not tinkering in an Engineer lab.

It would be somewhat ironic if the "Engineers" did nothing more than tip that first domino.  Might explain why the Engineer in Prometheus looked somewhat surprised at the octopussy.

Not to mention -- it shows how easily the goo can morph in different ways depending on what the host is and what the Mode of Administration of the infection is.

The more appropriate question might be who created the Goo -- or to say it another way that I rarely see used on the boards -- "Primordial Ooze"

Yeah, I think "Who created/first discovered the black goo"? is the more pertinent question.

episodenone

episodenone

Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 15, 2017, 09:04:15 PM
I still think it's one hell of a coincidence to have the Derelict from Alien with hundreds/thousands of eggs and Covenant to feature a ship that has thousands of colonists in cryo.

Now that you guys mention it -- I don't think it is a coincidence at all.  Though David flying it over might not be the case -- he could have seeded the eggs there after creating them on the new planet and the Engineer thinks he's escaping on the Juggernaut until he gets implanted  it crashes and becomes the Derelict.

Seems a strange plan with no real assured long term goal and little chance of success for David to fly a ship to an uninhabited planet in hopes it will will someday be terraformed / colonized or that a mining vessel will stumble upon it. 
David won't be there to see what happens -- and his experiment would likely end there as whoever lands would be wiped out with little means to get off-planet. 

So if his goal is to exterminate Humans on Earth -- why not send the ship to Earth in the first place?   Unless LV-426 was an evolutionary step that "David" intended in order to ultimately weaponize the Alien.  I intentionally put David in quotes... But it seems the rationale behind Weyland's trip to meet his maker doesn't really jive with W-Y and Burke's desire to find the perfect weapon.

Though maybe it is the exterminate life on a world rich with resources?  The rabbit hole awaits...

Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 15, 2017, 09:09:36 PM

Yeah, I think "Who created/first discovered the black goo"? is the more pertinent question.

Right -- and it seems we are eventually going to get an answer to this.  The only other option is to simply write it off to the universe formed and the goo was a by-product --- leaving us to ponder who created the universe.  It's like Dr. Hasslein's Theory of Infinite Regression.  The Artist Painting the Picture of The Artist Painting the Picture of The Artist Painting the Picture... until it all becomes one.

Dangerous Days

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 15, 2017, 07:14:49 PM

RIGHT ON! And building on your point about ARCHAEOLOGY - Its also a bit ridiculous that people are obsessing over this one line of dialogue because, literally in the same scene Kane says that the Egg Chamber is in 'A Cave of some sort" and nobody has ever obsessed over the idea. and in most cases have blatantly ignored that the character THINKS he is in a "CAVE" but holy crap Dallas said the Space Jockey is "fossilized"
so back the f**k up Ridley Scott.
We accept it because we assume Kane and the rest of them just don't know what they are seeing. They are just speculating.

I like the idea of the Space Jockey and that ship being both a different species than the Engineers and ANCIENT. But that liine of dialogue isn't enough to insist that it can't end up being something else. Lets worry about then writing something good. Not that all the details match your preferred version of what you love.

Well said! Couldn't agree more.

Quote from: episodenone on Mar 15, 2017, 07:19:27 PM
Sorry Dangerous Days -- I didn't realize we were agreeing with each other!  ;D

My fault!... I think the problem may of been you were expanding on your post, while I was writing my reply. Leaving us both trying our best to disagree on a point we actually agreed on. ;D

fernandito

fernandito

He might even be the one responsible for setting up the Derelict's distress signal. Sequel to Covenant will probably take place in LV-426. 
Derelict distress signal was decoded by WY, and clearly spicified the nature of what it was in its cargo. It was a warning signal, not a friendly or sos one, so that can't be David, and I hope It won't be Shaw.

Unless surprise during or at the end of covenant, the classic alien won't still have been made. Just the protype one we see in the trailer

howard.moody.566

AVP is canon. The Alien is thousands of years old. It was not created by David.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: howard.moody.566 on Mar 15, 2017, 10:14:24 PM
Eh, I don't think so. Not in Ridley's mind, at least.

newagescamartist

Quote from: howard.moody.566 on Mar 15, 2017, 10:14:24 PM

I don't think Scott cares about AVP or AVP:R. I'm pretty sure he doesn't consider them canon, and I'm inclined to agree with him. I think if it were up to Scott, even Aliens wouldn't be canon, but who knows honestly?

Ingwar

Ingwar

AVP is not Alien canon. It's a crossover and Alien vs. Predator franchise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed