Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It

Started by Darkoo, Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM

Author
Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It (Read 152,707 times)

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 29, 2011, 12:03:13 AM
I wonder if they will change the title to "Alien: Prometheus"?
I would vivisect a Fox executive.

Sharp Sticks

Remove the tasteless bits first.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

It's seems like a logical choice to add the "Alien" title in the "Prometheus" title to help sell more tickets.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 29, 2011, 03:21:05 AM
It's seems like a logical choice to add the "Alien" title in the "Prometheus" title to help sell more tickets.

The Dark Knight didn't have Batman in the movie, and that certainly sold. As long as this is marketed effectively...

...oh, wait, this is Fox. Put Alien in the title then...

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Heaven forbid a movie is successful based on its filmmaking merit rather than painfully predictable marketing tactics. If financial success is your primary concern, well...have fun with that, Van Leeuwen.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 29, 2011, 03:23:52 AM

The Dark Knight didn't have Batman in the movie, and that certainly sold. As long as this is marketed effectively...

...oh, wait, this is Fox. Put Alien in the title then...

The Dark Knight is related to Batman though. It was once the title for a graphic novel, combined with the fact that every poster for TDK had the bat logo on it so people knew what they were in for.

Xhan

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 29, 2011, 03:33:07 AM

Heaven forbid a movie is successful based on its filmmaking merit rather than painfully predictable marketing tactics. If financial success is your primary concern, well...have fun with that, Van Leeuwen.

You've never watched a FOX movie?

Sharp Sticks

Of course I have, and I'm not ignorant. What I was trying to express was how dreadfully sad I found it that a fan would want a title with all the credibility of Alien: Rise of the Cobra.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 29, 2011, 03:03:25 AM
Remove the tasteless bits first.
Well, there's nothing on my plate anymore.

Go figure.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Interesting, if true. I have such mixed feelings about all of it. Ive been very apprehensive about another alien movie, while simultaneously excited to see one (especially when under the care of Scott). I also kind of liked the sound of a new unique sci-fi from Scott.

Still, having aliens mixed in this new franchise sounds pretty interesting.

Not really, just include it in the marketing campaign, doesn't really need to be in the title.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 28, 2011, 11:06:59 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jan 28, 2011, 09:53:10 PM
"I've heard that some sort of archaeological dig where they discover alien DNA takes place there and that DNA gives them the coordinates for an alien world."

AVP continuity.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/778/hunter20roar.gif

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
The dig may have been on another world, where a team of humans find evidence of the Jockies having terraformed it in the distant past - terraforming with Aliens. That's what Ridley said they are for - weapons of war that 'cleanse' planets for the Jockey. No AVP!

And they are going to find a pred skull!

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jan 29, 2011, 08:03:40 AM

Cool story, bro.

dandan

aniways.. back to the topic people...........................

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 29, 2011, 08:06:43 AM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jan 29, 2011, 08:03:40 AM

Cool story, bro.

Kinda cool. Won't utterly destory the franchise... like Predator 2. :P

Brother

Yeah, it will.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed