Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 959,831 times)

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 27, 2010, 04:57:21 PM
It's annoying - whenever someone types (or indeed says) GoW, I immediately think of Gears.  So it's like: 'What?! What about CliffyB? Oh, right... Kratos.'

:D
On gt they use GeoW for Gears since GoW came first.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Sounds like someone yelling out in pain.  :D

GEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!

Friendly Wise

Friendly Wise

StarWars: Republic Commando

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It's annoying - whenever someone types (or indeed says) GoW, I immediately think of Gears.  So it's like: 'What?! What about CliffyB? Oh, right... Kratos.'

See, if you were a PS user, you wouldn't have that problem ;)

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 27, 2010, 06:14:23 PM

well, as a PS user you just have the exact opposite problem, :P

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Sundriver`C# on Apr 27, 2010, 06:11:56 PM
StarWars: Republic Commando

What a great game. Id love a sequel to find out
Spoiler
what happened to Sev at the end. It was somewhat of a cliffhanger. At least I think it was Sev who went missing.
[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: AvatarIII on Apr 27, 2010, 06:23:33 PM

Not really. When someone says GoW, they usually mean God of War because when referring to Gears, they say Gears.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 27, 2010, 06:47:20 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Apr 27, 2010, 06:23:33 PM

Not really. When someone says GoW, they usually mean God of War because when referring to Gears, they say Gears.
Doom's is right ;)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Ha! I've managed to completely resist the Sony side of gaming for the past decade now, and I have no intention of letting that change.

At least, thus far...

First Blood

First Blood

I started out as an apprentice to Sony, when I had my PS1. They taught me the ways of the force, but the dark side of Microsoft took over. Only through Microsoft could I achieve more power than I could ever imagine... *evil laugh*

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Even if some of the exclusives went to xbox? Sony does have some good franchises.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Apr 27, 2010, 08:25:56 PM
Even if some of the exclusives went to xbox? Sony does have some good franchises.

Oh, absolutely. The Uncharted Drake's Fourtune games are a franchise I am dying to play.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Tbh I am a sony fan at heart but I wouldn't mind getting a bit of the gears franchise maybe halo aswell.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 27, 2010, 08:24:19 PM
I started out as an apprentice to Sony, when I had my PS1. They taught me the ways of the force, but the dark side of Microsoft took over. Only through Microsoft could I achieve more power than I could ever imagine... *evil laugh*

See, I began as a Nintendo Padawan - initially learning the ways of the SNES whilst exploring NES related history. My true faith, however, would lie with (and to be honest still does belong to) the N64.

And of course I ended up viewing Sony as the Dark Side of gaming. Things have recently become more complicated with my converting to the church of Ecks Bocks after Nintendo seemed to lose their magic at some point during the last decade, and are now milking their motion-controlled cow for all it's worth.

Cool story, huh?!  :D 

Keg

Keg

I had my fingers in all pies. Ive had a snes, master system, mega drive, ps1, ps2, xbox, gamecube and now a ps3 (with the intention of getting an 360 as well at some point because im dying to play gears).

Never did have an N64 though which i feel now was a big mistake given some of the games it had that people still hold in extremely high regard.

I think both the Xbox and PS3 have some excellent exclusives worth buying the consoles for. The only reason I plumped for a PS3 first was simpyl for MGS4 when it came out. The first 3 games are 3 of my all time favourite games ever so I had to have a PS3 to play MGS4. Then as a result ive been able to play awesome games like Uncharted 1 & 2 which are now among my favourite games of all time, GOW III and Heavenly Sword (another game that has become an all time favourite).

I used to have over 150 games for my PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox and Gamecube but now im down to about 25. They were taking up too much space and most of them i'll never play again so i whittled them down to my favourites that i just couldnt let go of. Basically games I know ill go back to and play again and again. The rest i traded in bit by bit so ive never actually paid for about 5 of the games ive got for my PS3. 

They are
Gamecube - MGS: The Twin Snakes
PS1 - MGS, Dino Crisis 1 & 2, Fear Effect, Abe's Oddysee & Exoddus
PS2 - ICO, Shadow of the Collossus, MGS 2 & 3, GTA: Vice City (literally just rebought it yesterday for £4)
PS3 - MGS4, Chronicles of Riddick, Ghostbusters, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted 1 & 2, Bioshock 1 & 2, AVP, GOW Collection (GOW 1 & 2), GOW III

Sadly my Xbox broke and I got rid of all my games. Something i regret because there are a few i wish id kept. Even if they arent BC with the 360 (i understand not all games are) i would have bought a cheap used xbox somewhere to play them. Games like Republic Commando, Far Cry, Jedi Academy, KOTOR, Oddworld:Strangers Wrath were brilliant.

I dont know why i just went into my entire gaming history and my all time favourites but there you have it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed