Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,042 times)

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 03, 2019, 12:42:18 AM
I tried to get into TLOU mp way after the fact it was released and everybody was so much better than me I'd just die instantly.

I was so terrible at the online at first, which I thought was weird cause I played story mode All. The. Time.
But it is very different and you get crafty and stealthy with the gameplay after a while and it's a blast! Supply raid is stressful when you're the last one standing. I would definitely start with interrogation so that there's unlimited respawns.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 03, 2019, 03:13:16 AM
Finishing RE7 on Madhouse. Then moving on to finally play Outlast.

I couldn't manage to play through Outlast, I'm such a chicken with those games where you mainly have to hide instead of fight. Lol

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 03, 2019, 04:33:28 PM
I couldn't manage to play through Outlast, I'm such a chicken with those games where you mainly have to hide instead of fight. Lol

Don't tell me you haven't played Isolation. I'm used to just shooting my way through first person games so it's a new experience for me but I'm enjoying this type of challenge so far. RE7 was little bit of a mix between the 2 types. Now on Outlast its really just hide and run.

After the 2 Outlast games, I will try the Amnesia ones.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: razeak on Sep 03, 2019, 01:02:28 PM
Oh how I miss NCAA football.

I need to grab a copy of 14.  The WVU Mountaineers are my favorite. They have a good amount of success, but it's been a mixed bag since 2008.  This year is a bust probably since we have a new coaching staff.

Presently, I'm giving Mutant: Year Zero a go. I think it's pretty good.

Kimhari if you don't mind, whereabouts in Kentucky are you? I'm just a hair over an hour from the KY border.

North of Ft. Campbell

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Is that anywhere near Colonel Sanders?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

He lives there and several other places in Kentucky

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 03, 2019, 05:02:33 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 03, 2019, 04:33:28 PM

Don't tell me you haven't played Isolation. I'm used to just shooting my way through first person games so it's a new experience for me but I'm enjoying this type of challenge so far. RE7 was little bit of a mix between the 2 types. Now on Outlast its really just hide and run.

After the 2 Outlast games, I will try the Amnesia ones.

I'm... still working on Isolation. 4 years later.  ;D

I need moral support for that game! Eventually I'll get through it (and Outlast), its a love hate thing for me. lol

I feel indifferent to RE7. I consider it more of a spinoff because of the bland new characters and lack of real tie-ins. I did enjoy it before Lucas' funhouse though, but afterwards it just lost all its pacing and any real opportunity of making it a worthy numbered title to the series- imo.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I liked it.  To me the series actally went sideways with re4.  Which is a fun and great game......but it shouldn't have been RE.  It was so over the top and crazy with no horror elements.

Re7 was closer to the originals, and none of the characters are actually that interesting in their FIRST RE game.  They only become likeable through multiple sequels because you see them all the time.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 03, 2019, 11:31:56 PM
I liked it.  To me the series actally went sideways with re4.  Which is a fun and great game......but it shouldn't have been RE.  It was so over the top and crazy with no horror elements.

Re7 was closer to the originals, and none of the characters are actually that interesting in their FIRST RE game.  They only become likeable through multiple sequels because you see them all the time.

Oh they had their one liners though! Well, mainly Barry. I was really loved Revelations 2 and REmake2. Even if there are newer characters in the next game, I hope it is in third person. That was another complaint for me.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut

Just call me York. Everyone calls me that.

Samhain13

Samhain13

After RE6, Revelations 2 and RE7 were good surprises. Those 2 were close to RE4's level for me, still out of the ones I played REmake became my favorite. Too bad they didn't remake the second game on the same style.

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 03, 2019, 11:10:56 PM
I'm... still working on Isolation. 4 years later.  ;D

I need moral support for that game! Eventually I'll get through it (and Outlast), its a love hate thing for me. lol

You need like a coop option for those games lol. On Isolation you will get weapons to help you defend yourself as the game progresses so in that aspect it might be easier for you, while on Outlast from what I heard the only thing you have over the enemies is night vision.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

My feelings on Isolation haven't changed.  Great worldbuilding, the best since AvP2, but I loathe the gameplay sequences with the Alien. 

I also didn't mind Re7's fps, simply because I grew up in the era of FPS.  Of course to each their own.  I know plenty of people where the series pinnacle was Re4, and plenty of people who only like the original three on PS. 

I think my most played one was probably RE3, just because it was short and sweet, but RE2 remains my favorite.  I did enjoy the RE2 remake but didnt like some of the same boss fights in the same sequences.  RE2 originally had four seperate campaigns, Leon A and Claire B, or Claire A and Leon B.  The fact they only half followed this is my only real complaint. 

I'm just ready for the inevitable Dino Crisis reboot. 

Samhain13

Samhain13

I do like RE4, it was the first RE I played after all, for some reason I never bumped into the ps1 games as a kid. But many aspects that were introduced on RE4 were pumped to maximum on RE5 and then roided up even more on RE6. Which was what started ruining the series for me.

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 04, 2019, 01:05:12 AM
I'm just ready for the inevitable Dino Crisis reboot.

You have no idea for how long I have been waiting for that. But it must be like REmake, new graphics but old school controls, I played RE1 for the first time on 2018 through the remake and it became my favorite due to the similar gameplay style that Dino Crisis had.

Dino Crisis 2 and then Dino 1 were the first serious games I played so it had a big impact, the ps1 era of my childhood was mostly that. I feel that is next to impossible from happening since the series didn't develop as much as RE did but either a remake or a true Dino Crisis 3 might be the only game I would want as much as an alien/predator one.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

DC1 and DC2 were pretty big hits, but they lost followers when they made the DC that was like in space and other crazy shit.   It lost the dino crisis feel.  It was kind of like what happened with Dead Space after the third game was released. 

I think its primed for a big comeback simply because you've already showed the stalking AI potential with Mr X (now imagine that with Raptors and Trexs), we are about ready for a new PS console, and it is off everybody's mind but people would LOVE to be reminded of it just like they were when RE2 remake was announced and the FF7 remake.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

There is a fan remake through Unreal Engine 4 in progress.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'd give it a shot. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed