Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,120 times)

Sabby

Sabby

55 hours of Witcher 3. Easily my GOTY thus far.

Darkness

Darkness

Currently playing that myself.  Coincidentally, I'm around the same playtime too, Level 22 , just got to Skellige Island. I'm not usually a fan of RPGs but damn, I love this game. I don't think I'm ever going to get board of playing it. Only issue I have right now is that I feel I'm quite overlevelled. I explored almost all of Velen but I still have a lot of quests to do that are well under my current level.

Sabby

Sabby

What exactly are you doing? There's so much to that game, play time doesn't convey as much as it should.

I'm level 26 and focused on Aard, Quen and Igni, with Alternate modes, buffed light and strong attack with buffed criticals, 2 Greater Blue Mutagens and a Greater Red Mutagen, buffed alchemy poisoned blades, and I'm up to Superior level with all Alchemy and Crafting. I've missed a few recipes, no doubt, but I have enough Bombs, Decoctions, Potions and Oils to be prepared for any fight. I've been able to take on Contracts 10 levels higher then mine with little trouble because of it. Hard to be threatened by a pack of higher level Drowners when you can chug a potion that will make them bleed just by being near you, and f**k them up if they so much as touch you.

That, and I have the Superior variants of the Wolf, Bear, Cat and Griffon armor sets, with matching swords. Some of it is out of my level, so storing it until I can use it, just wanted to get it all done and out of the way. Superior Griffon gear is f**king beautiful, but I can't wait to get to level 30 so I can use the Bear set. It's beyond sexy.

Darkness

Darkness

I never really see the point in the Crafting of Armour/Weapons because the equipment they have in the shops, you can just as easily buy. You're much further than I am though. I just like exploring new locations, getting treasures and doing new quests. I don't think I'd dare do a higher level quest though. I got slaughtered at the beginning of the game. It's still very much a learning experience for me. Tend to learn something new every time I play it. Decoctions I don't tend to use as much as I should.

Oh and I love Gwent and collecting all the cards. Gave me a Pokemon-vibe.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 15, 2015, 08:37:03 PM
I never really see the point in the Crafting of Armour/Weapons because the equipment they have in the shops, you can just as easily buy.

Dude, they're sexy as hell. That, and I'll glady wear weaker gear if it matches.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Darkness if you did a lot of stuff in velen then you will be overleveled for the main quests(and also some of the side quest) in skellige but it is simply because there's just so much to do and the main story needs to be accessible for players that don't do much of the side stuff. But don't worry the level requirement will increase and anyway once your reach a certain point with skills, potions and armors there won't be many things that could really challange you.
Also the best armor/weapons are crafted(the witcher gear you must do a treasure hunt for them and they have uprgade levels so you can level them up with you) so if you don't have that gear yet go for it. There are four schools of witcher gear avaiable each favouriting a diffrent play style. Have a look ate this video to see which is the best for you(though while leveling it is good to swich between them)

I am curently looking forward to starting the expansion, it released on tuesday but I need to do some stuff for school first. It is so hard to do school stuff when monster hunting is calling  ;D

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: MoonerSK on Oct 15, 2015, 08:43:37 PM
Darkness if you did a lot of stuff in velen then you will be overleveled for the main quests(and also some of the side quest) in skellige but it is simply because there's just so much to do and the main story needs to be accessible for players that don't do much of the side stuff. But don't worry the level requirement will increase and anyway once your reach a certain point with skills, potions and armors there won't be many things that could really challange you.
Also the best armor/weapons are crafted(the witcher gear you must do a treasure hunt for them and they have uprgade levels so you can level them up with you) so if you don't have that gear yet go for it. There are four schools of witcher gear avaiable each favouriting a diffrent play style. Have a look ate this video to see which is the best for you(though while leveling it is good to swich between them)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLNuFinOwpg

I am curently looking forward to starting the expansion, it released on tuesday but I need to do some stuff for school first. It is so hard to do school stuff when monster hunting is calling  ;D

The one thing I hate about the crafting is the scavenger hunt missions don't get you all the diagrams. At least, that was my experience. Had to look up the few missing ones myself.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Actually they do, I know that the enhanced and/or superior versions were usually divided into two scavanger hunts but I know for sure that there was a map to each piece of witcher gear

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: MoonerSK on Oct 15, 2015, 09:01:10 PM
Actually they do, I know that the enhanced and/or superior versions were usually divided into two scavanger hunts but I know for sure that there was a map to each piece of witcher gear

Ah, so for some reason I wasn't getting those diagrams marked in Quests. Odd. Oh well, I have them now, no biggie.

Another thing about crafting, take my advice. Buy every Diagram for Runestones. You end up getting dozens of those things and sell them for almost nothing. Every time I go to the smith, I just craft all the Lessers up into Greaters and sell those off. Fairly good profit.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

As I type this, I'm downloading Mass Effect 2. I finished the first one less than an hour ago and was totally blown away. It's a masterpiece.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Fatal Frame III: The Tormented

Final Fantasy VII

Payday 2

Sabby

Sabby

This is what farming looks like.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 16, 2015, 06:05:17 PM
As I type this, I'm downloading Mass Effect 2. I finished the first one less than an hour ago and was totally blown away. It's a masterpiece.

I'll be interested to see what you think of Mass Effect 3, I still haven't played it because it's not on Steam. 2's incredible though, less RPG than the first but more enjoyable. Amazing storytelling.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vertigo on Oct 17, 2015, 11:08:59 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 16, 2015, 06:05:17 PM

I'll be interested to see what you think of Mass Effect 3, I still haven't played it because it's not on Steam. 2's incredible though, less RPG than the first but more enjoyable. Amazing storytelling.

Get it from Origin. It's always on sale. So far, I'm not a fan of the controls. I prefer ME1's grander key bindings along with the overheating guns. I don't like being limited by ammo clips.

Razz

Razz

Alien Isolation

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed