Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,028 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I played the shiz out of Red Faction back in the day.

Thought the Red Faction that you actually fight aliens was an underrated game for the PS3/Xbox 360 generation.

I did miss one of the titles though. 

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

There weren't any aliens in that game.

Vakarian

Vakarian

There was in Armageddon.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I didn't even know there was an Armageddon game. I only knew about Guerrilla.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I bought RE2 off PSN the other day. Still haven't gotten around to playing it, though.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Dragon's Dogma

It's ight.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Cal427eb on Aug 28, 2014, 08:54:50 PM
There weren't any aliens in that game.

HUSH YO MOUF

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

South Park: The Stick of Truth

This game is hilarious. It plays better than I thought it would too, although for some reason I keep getting low frame rates a few moments after an area loads. I don't get that since the graphics are incredibly simplistic. {not in a bad way, it really feels like I'm in South Park}

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I got stuck in the hotel basement in TLOU for like two hours until I found a strategy that worked. 

I went to the door first, activated the first wave of stalkers, shot them through the opening to the flooded boiler room with my rifle and bow, ran over, got keycard, started generator, pulled out shotgun and finished the two stalkers en route to the keycard door before the bloater figured out where I was.

I did notice that the stalkers spawn RIGHT beside you because I played that sequence so much. 

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 28, 2014, 09:00:32 PM
I bought RE2 off PSN the other day. Still haven't gotten around to playing it, though.

It's a great game.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

RE2 was one of my five favorite games for the original PS.

LOK: Soul Reaver, Final Fantasy 8, Einhander, Metal Gear Solid and RE2.  I spent SO much time with those games and for RE2 depending on which disc you start with you get four different campaigns.  If you start with Claire first and Leon second it isn't the same as playing Leon first and Claire second.  It has similar moments, but the storylines are different enough that it's not the same campaign with different NPCs. 

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 29, 2014, 02:44:08 PM

LOK: Soul Reaver, Final Fantasy 8, Einhander, Metal Gear Solid and RE2.  I spent SO much time with those games and for RE2 depending on which disc you start with you get four different campaigns.  If you start with Claire first and Leon second it isn't the same as playing Leon first and Claire second.  It has similar moments, but the storylines are different enough that it's not the same campaign with different NPCs.

Soul Reaver is, to this day, one of my favorite games of all time. ALL TIME.

I love RE2, it's a fantastic and amazing game, but I always liked RE3 just a little bit better. I love how they handled Nemesis, so awesome. Nemesis is my favorite RE monster by far.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 29, 2014, 02:30:45 PM
I got stuck in the hotel basement in TLOU for like two hours until I found a strategy that worked. 

I went to the door first, activated the first wave of stalkers, shot them through the opening to the flooded boiler room with my rifle and bow, ran over, got keycard, started generator, pulled out shotgun and finished the two stalkers en route to the keycard door before the bloater figured out where I was.

I did notice that the stalkers spawn RIGHT beside you because I played that sequence so much.
Took me ten minutes. After you kill the first stalkers, activate the generator and make a run for it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Cal427eb on Aug 29, 2014, 02:47:14 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 29, 2014, 02:30:45 PM

Took me ten minutes. After you kill the first stalkers, activate the generator and make a run for it.

I couldn't, I had no health.  If I activated the generator first then the stalker that spawns right behind you would kill me instantly.  If any of them touched me I'd die.  The hallway is the one place the first group spawns that they don't spawn right beside you.

Quote from: Deathbearer on Aug 29, 2014, 02:46:03 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 29, 2014, 02:44:08 PM

Soul Reaver is, to this day, one of my favorite games of all time. ALL TIME.

I love RE2, it's a fantastic and amazing game, but I always liked RE3 just a little bit better. I love how they handled Nemesis, so awesome. Nemesis is my favorite RE monster by far.

I think RE3 is a funner game to play but I don't think it surpasses the second one.  Mr. X is pretty much the Nemesis.  He also had one of the most badass scares in videogame history when he bust through the wall on one side of the room.  You gun him down/Run away, exit the room, and he bust through the door on the other side.

I was thinking once was enough, so when he popped through the wall again it scared the shit out of me.  Right up there with the licker and the one way mirror. 

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Nemesis is better D:< He is the spoopies. He is 4spoopy9me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed