Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,136 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 05, 2014, 09:56:28 PM
I'm not saying mods aren't a plus, I just don't want companies to start releasing half-games following Obsidian's example because of them.

The issue these days is more that not enough companies are putting out modding tools in the first place.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I see what you're saying, Erik. A valid concern I suppose.

But from what we've seen lately, I would be more worried about the pre-order bullshit and selling alpha-stage games for full price in order to shake up funding. Like a deranged kickstarter without the regulations/protections of an actual kickstarter project.

The pre-order shit has gotten out of control, imo. A much bigger problem.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 05, 2014, 11:25:15 PM
I see what you're saying, Erik. A valid concern I suppose.

But from what we've seen lately, I would be more worried about the pre-order bullshit and selling alpha-stage games for full price in order to shake up funding. Like a deranged kickstarter without the regulations/protections of an actual kickstarter project.

The pre-order shit has gotten out of control, imo. A much bigger problem.
f**king this. Pre-ordering is cancer.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Pre-order is the worst, don't do it.

Good thing my Xtra-vision always has the Pre-order codes on release anyway too lol.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Did you ever put that PC together?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've only pre-ordered a couple of games. None of them have been problematic.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Cal427eb on May 05, 2014, 11:38:23 PM
Did you ever put that PC together?

I use the shared laptop for now but no, I won't have enough t'ill Christmas.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 05, 2014, 11:38:44 PM

Only ever pre-ordered Skyrim, and that worked out okay. But I don't even see the point anymore. It used to be you pre-ordered to make sure you could get a copy of a new game in case it sold out. That's why I did, anyway.

Now it's like a crazy fad with day one DLC and bonuses and all this crapola.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 05, 2014, 11:47:56 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 05, 2014, 11:38:44 PM

Only ever pre-ordered Skyrim, and that worked out okay. But I don't even see the point anymore. It used to be you pre-ordered to make sure you could get a copy of a new game in case it sold out. That's why I did, anyway.

Yup.

Only reason I do it. However, once I see they have exclusice pre-order DLC and all that stupid shit I don't pre-order and I just walk into the store to buy it. :P

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

There was one thing I almost pre-ordered and that's it.

It's a good f**kin' thing it was an almost too because it was Aliens: Colonial Marines. In the words of Lando from Return of the Jedi, "That was too close."

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Crazy Rich on May 05, 2014, 11:58:25 PM
There was one thing I almost pre-ordered and that's it.

It's a good f**kin' thing it was an almost too because it was Aliens: Colonial Marines. In the words of Lando from Return of the Jedi, "That was too close."

Lol dat pain. Was a midnight buy for me and my bros. :-\ :'( Tears and rage by 12:20 am. :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite. That was worth it, IMO.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I usually preorder only because its a same day delivery and it keeps me from having to drive around with all these eastern Kentucky maniacs that inhabit Lexington. 

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Resident Evil Revelations

Raid Mode is waaaaay harder in the HD version of this shit. Less item/ammo drops, less XP, enemies do more damage/take more damage. Shits rad.

SM

SM

Pre-order is too fecking expensive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed