Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 959,983 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Keg on Jul 10, 2012, 06:47:43 PM
A couple of them are a bit daft but compared to what came later (especially in MGS4) they didnt really bother me. It felt a bit silly when Snake did it but character's like Fox seemed like they should always have been like that. Any scene with Grey Fox just looks so much more badass. When you first meet him, in the corridor with the Soldiers, against Rex etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY8S2vYp9xg#ws

Oh, yeah, this right here is the best thing ever to come out of this remake. I got extremely excited when I saw Fox turn to look at the guy, his exo-skeleton all covered in blood...when that showed up in the trailer, I knew that this scene was going to be done exactly how I wanted it to.

EDIT

Going to try my hand at MGS2: Sons of Liberty today...been WAY too long since I last played it, so I guess I'll do it.

Planning on buying the MGS HD Collection for the 360 as well...going to play all of these in chronological order, hopefully by the end of the year.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightlord on Jul 10, 2012, 03:57:14 PM
Beat res 5 earllier, so boring.
Res 4 > Res 5

What, no way! Why did you find it boring?

Keg

Keg

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 10, 2012, 06:51:27 PM
Quote from: Keg on Jul 10, 2012, 06:47:43 PM
A couple of them are a bit daft but compared to what came later (especially in MGS4) they didnt really bother me. It felt a bit silly when Snake did it but character's like Fox seemed like they should always have been like that. Any scene with Grey Fox just looks so much more badass. When you first meet him, in the corridor with the Soldiers, against Rex etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY8S2vYp9xg#ws

Oh, yeah, this right here is the best thing ever to come out of this remake. I got extremely excited when I saw Fox turn to look at the guy, his exo-skeleton all covered in blood...when that showed up in the trailer, I knew that this scene was going to be done exactly how I wanted it to.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p30/ShadowPred/tumblr_lxc79jUM4l1r8xjjho1_250-1.png

EDIT

Going to try my hand at MGS2: Sons of Liberty today...been WAY too long since I last played it, so I guess I'll do it.

Planning on buying the MGS HD Collection for the 360 as well...going to play all of these in chronological order, hopefully by the end of the year.

HD Collection is worth it for Peace Walker alone. Superb game that alot of people wouldnt have had the chance to play, and it's huge. Superb follow up story from MGS3 and the way it ends leads nicely into who Big Boss becomes by the time of the original 2 games before MGS.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

That's the main reason I want to get it, for Peace Walker.

Is it true that it also contains Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 from the MSX days?

Keg

Keg

Yes it does, on the extras for MGS3 as it contains the Subsistence version of that game which had them.

So you will literally be able to play every main game in the series if you own MGS1 and MGS4 as well as the HD Collection (I include Peace Walker in that because it's just so damn good and the story is great).

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Keg on Jul 10, 2012, 10:31:14 PM
Yes it does, on the extras for MGS3 as it contains the Subsistence version of that game which had them.

So you will literally be able to play every main game in the series if you own MGS1 and MGS4 as well as the HD Collection (I include Peace Walker in that because it's just so damn good and the story is great).

This makes me happy on so many damn levels.

Just need to buy a PS3 and get MGS4...I hope to do this soon...but that's what I say every year, and I still don't do it.

Keg

Keg

You've never seen how it all ends? Please tell me youve played MGS3?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Keg on Jul 10, 2012, 10:36:19 PM

I have played MGS3, and MGS4...I know how the story ends, played MGS4 at a friends house, took me 15 hours to beat it...just missed being able to f**k around for hours and hours.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Resident Evil Revelations
Skyrim
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Super Street Fighter 4 3D Edition

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 10, 2012, 10:41:30 PM

I have played MGS3, and MGS4...I know how the story ends, played MGS4 at a friends house, took me 15 hours to beat it...just missed being able to f**k around for hours and hours.

MGS 4 is the most emotional movie/game I have experienced in forever. I bawled like a child when it finally ended.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 11, 2012, 03:16:03 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 10, 2012, 10:41:30 PM

MGS 4 is the most emotional movie/game I have experienced in forever. I bawled like a child when it finally ended.

It's one of the greatest things I have ever been a part of. I was yelling at Snake to keep moving during that microwave room sequence..."Don't give up Snake!" While I was the one who had to not give up on pressing the triangle button. God damn it, Snake FTW.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Max Payne 2

Loving it even more than the first one, so far.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 11, 2012, 05:39:26 AM
Max Payne 2

Loving it even more than the first one, so far.

Hopefully MAx Payne and Max Payne 2 arrive today while I'm at work and I can get stuck into them as well.

As soon as I finished Max Payne 3 last night I restarted immediately on a higher difficulty and tried harder to hunt out the golden gun pieces and cliues. I want to at least unlock unlimited ammo and bullet time so I can basically just piss about like a mad man.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 10, 2012, 08:29:49 PM
Quote from: Nightlord on Jul 10, 2012, 03:57:14 PM
Beat res 5 earllier, so boring.
Res 4 > Res 5

What, no way! Why did you find it boring?
Once those infected with the guns showed up the game just became more and more of a chore to play.

Playing Witcher 2 now, great game and a great fantasy rpg.

First Blood

First Blood

Spec Ops: The Line

Played some of it last night and it's pretty fun. The gameplay is solid enough. Your team by no means is usless. They can and will kill enemies at will. No dumb A.I. here thankfully. It follows the story of three Special Ops soldiers who are attempting a rescue mission in Dubai which has been completely destroyed by a sandstorm. And things escalate into a larger conspiracy. Plus it's always sex to hear Nolan North's voice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed