Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,140 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Pokemon Crystal on a phone emulator.

But I'm at the boring bit with the ice cave and final Johto boss, where it's just a f**king grind with little to no payoff, before it becomes fun again and I don't know if I can be arsed getting to the league.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

My "What if" Prussia that didn't get involved in the HRE, with Moldavia as a vassal state.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Oct 13, 2022, 11:57:01 PMMy "What if" Prussia that didn't get involved in the HRE, with Moldavia as a vassal state.

Can you do me a favor?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: kwisatz on Oct 14, 2022, 12:34:30 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Oct 13, 2022, 11:57:01 PMMy "What if" Prussia that didn't get involved in the HRE, with Moldavia as a vassal state.

Can you do me a favor?

Depends on the favor.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Expand south

Spoiler
Thanks in advance
[close]

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: kwisatz on Oct 14, 2022, 12:47:52 AMExpand south

Spoiler
Thanks in advance
[close]

4U

And a bonus that I noticed

kwisatz

kwisatz

Ah dang, a bit more south-east is what I actually had in mind. It's not like the Ottomans don't deserve it too though  ;D

What I'd really love to see though are updates of the inevitable upcoming demise of the Austrian reign     

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: kwisatz on Oct 14, 2022, 02:11:24 AMAh dang, a bit more south-east is what I actually had in mind. It's not like the Ottomans don't deserve it too though  ;D

What I'd really love to see though are updates of the inevitable upcoming demise of the Austrian reign   

When you blow away over 800,000 Ottomans and sack Constantinople but you got the wrong guy.

And the best I can do is take Silesia (governing capacity limits/my pretty borders), but maybe I can force them to release Hungary and/or Bohemia.

kwisatz

kwisatz

:laugh:

I really don't want you to go beyond your capabilities for my personal feud but imagine just for a moment living under the rule of:

Huntsman

Huntsman

Deathloop on PS5. I like the concept but the overall product sucks. Stealth is nearly impossible - it takes barely anything to alert every guard in the area and then you're always in a massive gunfight. The sentry guns are also too sensitive and have too much range. Very overrated game and I say give it a miss.

Darkness

Darkness

Wait until you get invisibility and then the upgrades for that. It makes stealth so much easier.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Huntsman on Oct 14, 2022, 07:02:56 AMDeathloop on PS5. I like the concept but the overall product sucks. Stealth is nearly impossible - it takes barely anything to alert every guard in the area and then you're always in a massive gunfight. The sentry guns are also too sensitive and have too much range. Very overrated game and I say give it a miss.
Yeah, I started playing it on Steam Deck, and realised it was fairly involved and would require a lot more thought and attention, so shelved it until I could play it properly on my main PC.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'm really interested in the concept of Deathloop, but everything I'm hearing about it is convincing me it'll just be more frustrating than fun.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

MW2 2022 campaign.

It is pretty underwhelming.

Spoiler
Gameplay wise there is a ton of uparmored enemies that basically make the campaign a memorization exercise as to where approximately they will be located so you know who you have to headshot first to advance.  Then it is die by fire until you can find out where each of them are and gameplan from there.  It makes it feel far less fluid than most of the COD games.  It actually feels very gamey.   

Then there are the same old tropes of, one of our guys is in a jail lets bust him out, oh no, we've been betrayed.  I know this is supposed to be a modern retelling of the original, which featured that, but its so bland to do it for the thousandth time. 

There is also the small problem of America in direct control of a SAS unit with no American oversight in the field.  The UK isn't going to let the SAS run wild for America without it being a joint venture, if anything goes wrong the stink is on the UK operators. They do run around with Americans sometimes, but not always, and the Americans in the field are never running anything.  It is just kind of crazy sitting back and looking at it, especially when some of the missions are in America. 

The only mission I actually liked was the border mission at the very beginning of the game, because it gives you that kind of modern house to house feeling that I'm waiting to see captured in a game somewhere.  There are other pieces of missions I like, but that one was the best from start to finish. 

Even that is kind of jacked up because it is Mexican SF doing the mission (In America), when Bortac could've been there just as quickly as anybody else was but in all of America nobody was closer than two random Mexican SF.......

[close]

I want a cinematic style shooter where you are a task force hunting an enemy within your own borders trying to stop them from striking (or striking again).  Kind of like stopping a secret invasion.  There are elements of this in the storyline, but I'm talking start to finish. 

Stitch

Stitch

Gotham Knights

I'm torn on this game. I enjoy the story, and there are parts of the gameplay that make me want to keep playing.

Unfortunately, there's so much jank and bad performance. Frame pacing is bad, there's stuttering, and the controls are finicky, as if there's a layer of abstraction between my input and what gets relayed to the character.

The optimisation is also awful. It requires the best possible PC for decent performance, and the upscaling options like DLSS don't work properly, meaning it's a chuggy mess, even on console, apparently.

It all combines to make a game that feels half baked, and a huge disappointment.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed