Imagine If...

Started by Aeus, Jul 24, 2007, 07:10:24 PM

Author
Imagine If... (Read 2,191 times)

fluxcap

fluxcap

If Bay directed, you could bet a feast for the eyes and an entertaining as hell movie. Would it be faithful to both genres? Well that depends on the script. A negative thing would be Bay's sense of style is really only in action scenes, establishing atmosphere, mood and intense character moments aren't his thing. In addition, the movie would invariably have a 'glossy' feel which I think would be inappropriate.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I personally like 'Pearl Harbor'. The music, cinematography, action and general atmosphere was extremely good.

Where it fell down was in the dialogue and some characterisation. Kate Beckinsale really shone, because she acted the part and added to it, as opposed to jut trying to be herself. That was where some of the other actors, aside from Akroyd and Mako (who apparently were not on screen much), made a mistake.

No, Beckinsale was wonderful. She really made the part and it was amazing, considering what she was given to work with. I know she spent some time with some nurses and stuff, to do the research. The two male leads and a few others, unfortunately, were not, because they just pretended to be themselves and the dialogue was full of... Well, it wasn't patriotism, so much as stereotypical vocabulary.

Intriguingly, one actor was in 'Alien Resurrection' and another was in 'Alien Versus Predator', so... :)

'Tora! Tora Tora!' was, by far, the superior. if only it was made with a mind to be like that, it could have been a real classic.

It was like 'Titanic', really. A cinematic masterpiece of music, cinematography and visuals, with one or two memorable performances. It's just that the crappiness parts of it are, alas, just as memorable, because they stick in your memory, virtually just as much. Nobody can really deny both of those films are entertaining or impressive. They're just not mature.

Would expect something similar would happen for a film like this, except that he would be able to secure the budget required to set it in some distant future time. :)

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 24, 2007, 11:12:14 PM
Would expect something similar would happen for a film like this, except that he would be able to secure the budget required to set it in some distant future time. :)

The budget for a future setting... my view towards this just changed. Suddenly I am willing to let him have a shot at AVP whenever.  ;D

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Yeah, but like I said, the probability is that the characters would virtually all be cartoons.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I would want Bay to study the damn alien and predator's very damn carefully and try to be very freakin faithful, because judging by his movies, if he were to direct avp 2,  the damn fighting sequences would be very badass, combined with the faithfulness of the characters, we have possibly the best movie to come out since the originals.

Otherwise it would be a very different take on AVP, suited only to comic books, and even then we would still watch it, but not consider it in the AVP or Alien or Predator universe(s)

SM

SM

QuoteMichael Bay directed AVP2...

What do you think would happen?

It be like every other Bay film.  All style; no substance.

But it'd probably make an arseload of money thereby guaranteeing more films.  For good or ill.

ArielAleXCo

ArielAleXCo

aliens and predators wouldnt look realisty so a re-design should be made.

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

Quote from: ArielAleXCo on Jul 25, 2007, 03:46:13 AM
aliens and predators wouldnt look realisty so a re-design should be made.

No re-designs! If you tamper with the creatures too much you screw 'em up!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: darkbladepred on Jul 25, 2007, 03:50:53 AM
The Aliens are already screwed up. They haven't looked right since Alien3.

And besides, it was a stab at Bay's reasoning behind redesigning the Transformers ;D

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SiL on Jul 25, 2007, 04:08:52 AM
Quote from: darkbladepred on Jul 25, 2007, 03:50:53 AM
The Aliens are already screwed up. They haven't looked right since Alien3.

And besides, it was a stab at Bay's reasoning behind redesigning the Transformers ;D

Well in the case of the Transformers, Bay was right, as the original designs would have looked like shit in a live action movie.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

I hope we will see a scene similar to when in Alien 3 the alien smiles at Golic with all the blood on its mouth. Horrifying.

I also hope this film is at least 110 minutes without credits. Though 2 hours would be nice too. ;D

I also remember someone making a comment about the film being over two hours long and Colin saying something like "It's longer then that right now, though it will probably be around the length of Predator."

superunknown

superunknown

If Bay were to direct, we'd be pretty much guaranteed the following:

-An epic, war-like scale, most likely on another planet and in the future
-Incredible action scenes
-Stylized but not over-the-top violence
-Marines
-Awesome cinematography

Basically, with Bay at the helm, we'd get our money's worth.

Sure he's shallow and dumb but I'd take a movie that's shallow and looks great over a movie that's shallow and looks like shit any day.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

On reflection, he's virtually the same as Anderson. It's just that he gets a far bigger budget to do stuff with, most of the time. :)

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

I'm sorry, but I would take Micheal Bay over anderson any day.

Sure Bay isn't high grade film making, he's no Peter Jackson or Speilberg, but he's good at giving us marvelous action sequences and special effects and excitment and delivering a true spectacle of a film. He is not good at giving us truly engaging and dramatic characterization, and it seems that he knows it, but he gives us fun characters that you end up having a blast watching, I found every character in transformers likeable to an extent, because they were fun, not because I cared about them emotionally.

however anderson, is a guy who can't deliver and establish character any better then Bay, but his main problem is that he tries to, he tries to make a high grade quality film, he tries to be Speilberg or Cameron, but he sucks at it, so we end up with cheesy attempts at good filmmaking that end up being crap, if anderson stuck to delivering pure fun and popcorn entertainment, people would like his films better, in my opinion.

Aeus

Aeus

From what the Strauses what said so far though, although I need to see something for this to really be justified, I am more geared to thinking they'll do a better job than Michael Bay with the franchise.

Although, Bay has better hair.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed