Survival of the Fittest, Discussing The First Draft of Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem - AvP Galaxy Podcast #164

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 07, 2023, 05:38:29 AM

Author
Survival of the Fittest, Discussing The First Draft of Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem - AvP Galaxy Podcast #164 (Read 2,675 times)

Corporal Hicks

We have just uploaded the 164th episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast (right-click and save as to download). We’re taking a break from all the book and comic discussions as Corporal Hicks, RidgeTop and Xenomorphine reunite to discuss the first very draft of Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem!

Survival of the Fittest, Discussing The First Draft of Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem - AvP Galaxy Podcast #164

We discuss the differences between the first draft of the script and the finished film, where we think the script was stronger vs the film, nihilistic endings, Alien reproduction and plenty more!

During the episode the topic of the tie-in comic Aliens vs. Predator: Sand Trap is brought up, and in how it sounded similar to a concept that was also discussed for the second AvP movie. We did reach out to Mike Kennedy, the writer of Sand Trap, to ask if he was aware of any potential overlap and he stated there was none that he was aware of. Mike had just been asked to set a story on Earth, and as he had been enjoying the film Three King’s at the time his mind took him in a similar direction for the comic.

What did you think of our latest episode? Be sure to let us know down below! You can also listen to any of our previous episodes in the Podcast section under the News tab on the main menu. The Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast is also available via iTunes, PodBean, GooglePlay Stitcher, and Spotify! Please be sure to leave a rating and review on whichever platform you're using!

And if you'd rather see our beautiful faces, as always, the video version of the podcast is also available on the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy YouTube channel!

Make sure your browsers are locked into Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator news! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. Be sure to join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums as well!

xShadowFoxX

I assume you probably read Enemy of My Enemy. I've been jaded from the expanded stuff as well. But overall, good episode!

Kradan

SiL

I think I'm upset I wasn't invited, I'd been going over this thing for almost a decade :'(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Jun 07, 2023, 07:00:22 AMI assume you probably read Enemy of My Enemy. I've been jaded from the expanded stuff as well. But overall, good episode!

Not yet. I can't bring myself to really get into stuff atm.

Quote from: SiL on Jun 07, 2023, 07:38:11 AMI think I'm upset I wasn't invited, I'd been going over this thing for almost a decade :'(

I feel like I'm not going to live this one down for a while.  :'(

GreybackElder

Great job boys! It's good to have the whole crew back for a review. Truth be told as a diehard Predator fan AVP R is some what of a guilty pleasure. There is soo much with this film that not great, I guess it's not surprising to hear that with this script it would have been a worse film. It's fascinating to hear the different iterations of the end sequence. I actually think i would  have preferred something akin to the marine squad hunting and killing our heroes to ensure the xenos didn't spread. At the end of the day the one silver lining about this film is  the Wolf character. What a bad ass.

Superstitious Man

Love your podcasts guys, keep up the great work 😎

Corporal Hicks

Thanks GreybackElder and Superstitious Man, really appreciate that.

BlueMarsalis79

Survival of the product placement, and bizarre character descriptions.

SM

SiL did a whole piece on this ages ago.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed