New AvP Featurette Released!

Started by Darkness, Apr 07, 2004, 01:48:37 PM

Author
New AvP Featurette Released! (Read 19,486 times)

Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

@ kysgr - So you think the comics are correct then? Everyone knows that they are NOT cannon, and should never be used as any guide-lines for ANY Alien or Predator movie.  I wish no comic was ever made, they only confuse people. As long as something isn't explained in the movies or interviews with the directors, then all you can do is speculate. (like the thing with the jockey DNA, it's total crap)  -Rusty Nails

Chase

Chase

The aliens do look different, but i wonder if this is the full effects. i'm sure we'll see better in the movie

Aliminator

Aliminator

The predators look awfully BIG!!!!! geeez, i bet they could kick aliens' ass so easily!!!!! they rule!!!!!  PS: i don't have any avp comics.......where do I ge them? (don't tell me to buy online because i don't have credit card or something)  PS2: rusty nails said avp comics are inaccurate, is that TRUE??? (In my opnion, avp have been drawn buy lots of artist so they could have different thoughts)

LOL, psychomorph.......omg you don't know how to update quicktime player!!!!!!!! lol, just click window, look for quicktime player folder, then click update.

Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

Please Kysgr, I was never attacking you, but I'm afraid I will have to now, since you said I'm the kind of person who doesn't really read the full posts or understans any of its contents, well what the hell did you do any better on then? I was clarifying that comics should never be a guide-line for noone who wishes to learn more about whatever movie. You'll only learn more through the director commentaries on things or by watching the actually film(s).  Btw: "aliens use their hosts dna to create the ultimate killing machine. Aliens are nothing but a machine...BIOMECHANICAL machine, capable of adapting to a host's dna. that is just what they are. " What the hell is this supposed to mean then? Don't be such a jerk, you're only making yourself look more stupid.  Oh and @ Aliminator: The authors of the comics takes the movies as a background and then adds their own ideas into the comics to make up whatever the shit they want. Then people who reads it thinks that it's actually true, which is sad. :/ I'm not really into Predator as I am for Aliens (well I still love the movies, I just haven't gotten any Dvd:s of predator1/2) but I think I read somewhere that even the name Yautja first came off the comics, so not even that might be true, altough we all call them Yautja Warriors nevertheless.  -Rusty Nails

Cookies

Cookies

I dont know why im the only one that likes the alien from aliens SO MUCH BETTER!  i mean the head is shaped so much better. It goes alot better with the rest of the body since its all bony and ripped.  Like wow i mean everything about the head in aliens is amazing it looks scary and real.  Im just glad the best looking aliens are in the best alien movie.  Part 3 and 4 looked so bad! omg.  I hate the wet look since ALIENS ARE EXOSKELETON! so they shouldnt be wet like that.  Aliens has down nice.  I wish the mcfarlane toy coming out thats 12 inch would have been the alien from aliens and not alien.  But i have to say the pred version is making me horny!

Psychomorph

Psychomorph

Aliminator wrote: "LOL, psychomorph.......omg you don't know how to update quicktime player!!!!!!!! lol, just click window, look for quicktime player folder, then click update."  Lol, it was at school (cant update), but now the whole download stuff is gone (guess they rebuild it) cuz I need to download, cuz have 56k at home.   @Comics: I hate AvP Comics, I hate Comics at all, but I have to say the comics got some things right, but some extreme awfull.  I also have to say, they are different AvP comics, some are serious, but other are kommerzial crap. All this Superman, Batman, Judge Dredd VS. Predator, damn it sucks.

Written by Rusty Nails: "I'm not really into Predator as I am for Aliens (well I still love the movies, I just haven't gotten any Dvd:s of predator1/2) but I think I read somewhere that even the name Yautja first came off the comics, so not even that might be true, altough we all call them Yautja Warriors nevertheless."  Exactly, I call myself "the original Predator Fan", I don

PredatorDragon

PredatorDragon

Hi The Yautja Warriors crap title came from the novelized version of the 1st comic series. In the actual comic they did not mention this. So I still feel the 1st comic run of AvsP is still the best.  No fancy physical change to the Predators and none of this bullshit change a helmet to be different to the other hunters. What happen to acting style and character performance. Not major visual differences . Next will the a purple and pink Predator. Gezzzz......  I also agreed about DNA host crap. Every Alien movie has to have a different Alien. Well if they save money on design, use the Master Alien Giger design. This would give more funds saved and used for a good script writer or director. Cameron and winston did not change the aliens too much and none of the DNA crap was dealt with. Leave them like ants and make the plot challenging. At least interesting. So one day there will be a Godzilla Alien King of all Aliensssssssssss.... This gets better by the minute.

Predboy

Predboy

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The featurette looks great. And the predators and aliens as well. I could tell that this movie will be great.   ;D     ;D     ;D  

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

"No fancy physical change to the Predators and none of this bullshit change a helmet to be different to the other hunters."   PredatorDragon; Are you nuts? There different masks in Predator 2 on the spaceship at the end of the movie. It isn't like this was a new idea.  And why should all of the masks look the same? How boring is that? Can you imagine the Elder Predator at the end of P2 not looking any different from the others? That'd be lame, same with people not using any reasoning and bitching that every Predator should be the same size and have the same "look". The Predators need some individuality in rank, design, etc. They have an entire culture. You don't have to believe the comics, novels, and all of their silly little explanations, but what has been shown so far on the Predator end of the spectrum has completely surpassed those of the original films.

Growler

Growler

Hey guys, don't rip on all the comics.  The original AVP comics that started the whole wheel to start spinning were pretty damn good.  Very minimal ideas were added to it.  Like in AVP # 0.  It implied first that Predator had a Queen captive in it's own mother ship.  The comic book writers also implimented the idea of traing young Predators to hunt aliens as a right of passage.  Only difference between movie and the comics here is, the queen is in the pyramid and the young predators have long tendrils with locks in them.  In the comics, they were short with no locks.  The comics also introduced how one predator earns the right to be the leader of the hunting party.  It gave the idea of a Predator written language.  However never in the original series was a name for the actual species given.  I think "Yautja" might have been taken from the end of Predator 2 when the "elder" Predator turned his back on Danny Glover to head back to the cock pit, or where ever the hell he was going.  He made a grunt that sounds like "Yautja."  So all i can assume is that some young fan picked up that grunt and spread the word through the net that "Yautja" was the name of the species.  Started the spinning wheel for fans to develop what ever they want.  Hey, if i'm wrong about this, I'm wrong.  I'm walking this wire just using instincts and a common sense of thought.  If I am right, it does upset me that the whole name of a species was from a grunt or whatever that elder Predator was saying in his language.  Very doubtful that he's saying the name of his species as he walks away.  For all we know he was saying "Get lost" to Danny in his own language.  That's the whole mystery of it.  One thing i did notice from Predator 2 that probably no one else has seemed to notice.  Everyone saw the Alien head.  Did anyone see that the elder Predator has a broken bottom left tusk? (his left / your right)  Also a tribute to the original AVP comics.  As far as Predator honor goes.  It's not a joy kill, if it were, Predator would kill anybody.  Instead he follows rules.  He doesn't kill anyone of no threat, and as we learned in P2, he shows respect to the unborn.  Prehaps because if he kills the mother, he will also end the life of the newborn who is no threat.  Therefore, breaking his rules.  That, in some way, is honorable.  I do agree that Predator is no warrior.  Just a hunter.  If their species has a military, then those idividuals would be considered warriors.  If they have "gladiators" they could be warriors.  No one knows until these ideas are introduced into story.  Point is though, if you say you hate AVP comics, it's the same as saying you hate AVP in whole.  It was the comics that gave birth to the games we have played and the movie we are so anxious to watch.    Granted some comics were written just because "well what if we have Pred vs Batman and Aliens vs Superman" damn ridiculous, no doubt, but it's a world of curiousity.  It was bound to happen.  Better to happen in the comic book world, than to loose a lot more fans if it were done in the movie world.

Psychomorph

Psychomorph

@Saint Sinner: I guess PerdatorDragon ment, that it

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

Of course, I never said their masks had anything to do with "honor" -- so much as it has to do with giving each creature it's own individuality for the movie so they can be recognized. And I'm not using that word in a "fantasy" sense. One of those Predators emerges as a main character. He's a "prince" or somesuch.  There WILL be varying degrees of technology and aresenal between the different Predators in the movie, as was said by Tom Woodruff (or is he Gillis?) in regards to the 3 shoulder-cannon barrel sizes.

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

When you're talking about the grunt, you mean after he says "Take it" and throws the gun right?  Oh and I agree about the predators having rules. I mean it's like guide lines. When people hunt they'll basically kill any type of the animal they are hunting (Male/Female) However, that can lead to extinction of the animal species. The Predators, probably, don't want to lose such a widly used prey (I think we're widly used...   :-\  )   I'd also like to say that (Despite having never read the Comics) Some sound quiet good qhile other some like trash. I heard someting about an Alien King? That's just silly. And the idea of one host infecting another person through his/her sweat? That's crap too. However the few synopsis I've read of Alien/ Pred/ AVP comics have mostly been good.  Oh And I think I have a great Idea for Pred3. What if one pred was Hunting on earth and the Gov caught him. Then they took him to a research lab on some far off island. A few weeks later a second pred comes looking for their lost clansman. He finds the island and invades the lab in order to retrieve his fellow pred. Lots of death, guts, and one cool new hero

Psychomorph

Psychomorph

sorry for double post  P.S. thx for the featurette download, but sadly bad quality, hope for a download like the stream, like in other trailer releases.

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

No you are wrong, a predator who has collected more trophys and that has gaind more honor, or if the predator is roalty, then their helmets vary in design, for example: If a Pred has much honour and is very skilled, their helmet will be more ornamental, but it will be more plain if the hunter is just begining his hunts

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed