Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 961,569 times)

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

well the story is told from a pirate point of view so it is presented the way he sees it, like Suleiman in AC:R said "I suppose the moral of any story matches the temper of the man telling it." and that is actually interesting on the story, we do not play as someone who was born as an assassin or who met them at young age, we play as someone who does as he please without careing how many people he will hurt by that. and this man will meet the assassins who try to protect the inocent and it is nice to watch him changing but i do not want to spoil anything so i am not saying anything else :)

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 31, 2013, 07:16:00 AM
ACIV haters be on the worst crack.

I would like the game if it had an assassin.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Dec 31, 2013, 10:14:34 AM

I'm sorry that you don't do the Assassin missions that are all available to do. I also don't understand how it's impossible to see the Assassin's that DO appear in the game.

ALL ABOARD FOR BLACK FLAG 2!!! (AC name not included)

UNF

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 31, 2013, 10:26:00 AM
Quote from: Ghost Rider on Dec 31, 2013, 10:14:34 AM

I'm sorry that you don't do the Assassin missions that are all available to do. I also don't understand how it's impossible to see the Assassin's that DO appear in the game.

ALL ABOARD FOR BLACK FLAG 2!!! (AC name not included)

UNF

I mean a real Assasin. Not some drunken pirate playing dress up. I really miss Altiar and Ezio.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Ezio FTW

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: MoonerSK on Dec 31, 2013, 08:53:13 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Dec 30, 2013, 09:22:15 PM
It just isn't Assassin's Creed anymore. It's a straight up pirate game, which is fine, but in a game that is supposed to be about assassins it is very lacking. Unless somebody tells me that they have more of that later on in the game I'll probably never play it again.

well before release of the game they said that around 40% of the missions would be naval. and i do not agree that it isn't assassins creed anymore, the games were always in some hictorical period and it would be stupid to think that the assassins do not change for centuries, they adapt to the age they live in. if they didn't change anything everyone would be complaining, now only the few people that don't like tha naval complain like it was hard to know that a game in a pirate setting would have a lot of naval in it  ;)

I already knew that it was going to have a lot of naval stuff in it. I had read that it would be about 40% naval but as I hadn't played those sections yet nor played any previous AC games I had no idea that I wouldn't like it. I'm not that into pirates but I don't particulary dislike them either. You shouldn't have to have a pirate fetish to like this game. If you need to really be into pirates to enjoy it then the developers have to have gone wrong somewhere. Previous games have been set in renaissance Italy, medieval middle east and frontier/independence America. If the interest in those times and settings were so important then surely these games wouldn't have been so successful. The core gameplay has to be good, the story has to be ggood, the characters have to be interesting. I think the fact that AC4 has to rely on people enjoying being a pirate says something about the core gameplay.
I've never played an AC before 4 and I really don't get what all the fuss is about. I could forgive the aweful controls if the gameplay was better. The missions are quite repetitive and I've heard this game is an improvement over previous games in that regard.
I knew going in that the game, even though it has ''Assassin'' in the title isn't really about stealth or being an assassin. You can try to play stealthly and you can limited success at it but I often find in a lot of situations that you might as well just go straight into combat as combat is so easy in this game. The tailing and eavesdropping missions are just tedious. Also why isn't there some sort of ''stealth'' button? (or have I somehow missed it) Some sort of ability to actually crouch and sneak would greatly help the ability to sneak if you choose to. There just isn't an optional sneaking way to approach missions. Sure sometimes there's thick grass/vegetation that your character automatically crouched in and you can whistle etc but they really do half ass the stealth options.
I enjoyed the naval at first but it quickly became first boring then tedious and finally frustrating. If the tailiing missions were tedious on foot then the tailing mission in a ship was just rage inducing.
To each their own, if you enjoy this game then fine, good for you, I'm honestly really pleased that most people enjoy the game. it's just not for me is all.

First Blood

First Blood

Going through Career Mode on UFC with Chael Sonnen.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Not to mention the island that has nothing but assassins on it.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Vakarian on Dec 31, 2013, 04:16:08 PM

Not to mention the island that has nothing but assassins on it.
Never got that far. Game is too boring.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: MoonerSK on Dec 31, 2013, 09:19:02 AM
and this man will meet the assassins who try to protect the inocent and it is nice to watch him changing but i do not want to spoil anything so i am not saying anything else :)

Nah, don't worry. Not planning on playing the game.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Mostly I'm bitching about Edward. I just don't think that he's an Assassin.

Vakarian

Vakarian

That is the entire point of Black Flag. Edward is a pirate. Pirates are fuelled by power and gold. He's sailing with legends like Black Beard and Anne Bonny.

Ezio, started off as a young man, careless and reckless. It was only when he lost everything that he donned the Assassin robes.

Edward, he's a man who wants to get rich and get back to his childhood sweetheart back in Swansea. He doesn't care about anything else, all he wants is cash and a good fight to keep him alive.

"Everything is permitted? I like the sound of that. Thinking what I like and acting how I please."

It was only later in the game...

Spoiler
...where everything he knows and loves is taken away from him. Blackbeard and Kidd's death, the death of Jennifer, Adawalde leaveing. That is when he decided to fight for something else rather than himself.

"For years I've been rushing around, taking whatever I fancied, not giving a tinker's curse for those I hurt. Yet here I am... with riches and reputation, feeling no wiser than when I left home. Yet when I turn around, and look at the course I've run... here's not a man or woman that I love left standing beside me."
[close]

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

The thing is, all that stuff about whether he's a pirate or an assassin and what responsibilities he has now and will have in the future are meaningless when the core gamplay, mechanics, controls and missions aren't very good. (IMO)

Vakarian

Vakarian

Plot and gameplay are two entirely different things. And yes, I agree that if one is lacking the other one tends to fail with it.

You can play through the entire main plotline without ever upgrading Edward or your Jackdaw past a certain point. Its an open world game, that involves exploring and getting collectables. The game wants you to upgrade all your shit as you progress through the game. That's why there are missions that tie directly into the collectables. They reward you with things that benefit Edward, rather than just a trophy/achievement.

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Vakarian on Dec 31, 2013, 07:09:37 PM
Plot and gameplay are two entirely different things. And yes, I agree that if one is lacking the other one tends to fail with it.

You can play through the entire main plotline without ever upgrading Edward or your Jackdaw past a certain point. Its an open world game, that involves exploring and getting collectables. The game wants you to upgrade all your shit as you progress through the game. That's why there are missions that tie directly into the collectables. They reward you with things that benefit Edward, rather than just a trophy/achievement.

Like I posted earlier, to each their own. Some like the game others don't.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed