Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 194,858 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I finally saw Elysium recently, and I really liked it. I think it got slagged off a lot more than it deserved just because it wasn't as good as District 9. Taken by itself, it was an entertaining film.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 27, 2014, 10:17:37 AM
I finally saw Elysium recently, and I really liked it. I think it got slagged off a lot more than it deserved just because it wasn't as good as District 9. Taken by itself, it was an entertaining film.

You could see his love for Aliens in Elysium. That realistic looking "Dropship" and the way it crashes. The Syd Mead designs, the guns and his love of all things military.

There were a few good bit's in the film particularly the heist scene which was just brilliant.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Elysium was a pretty weak story with an absolutely fantastic visual sense and a maniac of a villain. I really like it (and love its style!) probably because I'm such a big Blomkamp fan, but it definitely isn't as good as District 9.

Agreed with TEP about his love for Aliens definitely shining through in Elysium's designs.

I am beyond excited for Chappie (crossing fingers for a trailer to get released soon!). That all being said, I don't think I really want to see Blomkamp make an Alien film. I'd rather see him stick to original concepts and ideas while pulling inspiration from his favorite films.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I didn't like Elysium the first time, but like Avatar by JC, thought it was much better on a rewatch.

Rampant expectations. 

Still think he's the closest visually to James Cameron as well as one of the best SciFi directors at bringing you in a particular world. 

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, Blomkamp is fantastic when it comes to worldbuilding. I absolutely love his visual style, and the way that he uses it to tell his stories. In a lot of ways, that even helps to make up for some of the weaker elements of Elysium's script.

You ever seen any of Blomkamp's short films? Even those have that same really great style that marks both of his features.

worldpeace

worldpeace

shakes fists furiously at "russ" 
honestly, i don't care, talk about alien in the shane black thread. it is fine .
it would be nice if someone asked the writer of the predator sequel or shane black how far along the script is.

Quote from: Russ on Oct 27, 2014, 09:47:37 AM
Ohhh - I'd be leery of that having seen Elysium, Khim. After D:9, yes, but I'm not sure that big budget (well, HUGE) budget is his forte.

I feel a little unfair saying that - but I didn't like Elysium at all - but its perhaps a little harsh to discount him on the strength (or weakness) of that one when D:9 was so great.

Let's say he'd not be my first choice.

I'll shut up before worldpeace bollocks me for talking about Aliens on a Predator thread.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 29, 2014, 02:49:59 AMYou ever seen any of Blomkamp's short films? Even those have that same really great style that marks both of his features.

I've seen Alive in Joburg (the one that developed into D9) and that was pretty good. Was fun seeing Sharlto Copely as one of the MNU mercs instead of the guy they're all after.

Johnny Handsome

Shane Black talks Predator, teases a female Predator?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyFrcrfq9lM#ws

worldpeace

worldpeace

"If it bleeds, it's that time of the month, so just stay clear"     that will be my new quote now

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 29, 2014, 07:17:00 PM
Shane Black talks Predator, teases a female Predator?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyFrcrfq9lM#ws

So it sounds like shane is doing this for people who really enjoy the predator and wanna have minds blown
And  he said it will be coming out to theaters soon. it must be running along smoothly . He seems like a nice person who gives a shit.

unlike a few of my ex girlfriends

Bio Mech Hunter

Well, I just hope he doesn't go with some of the existing female pred concepts. *shudders*

worldpeace

worldpeace

maybe they have a  old stan winston design no one has seen. if legend studio is hired i trust it will look great. 

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 29, 2014, 09:19:08 PM
Well, I just hope he doesn't go with some of the existing female pred concepts. *shudders*

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I trust the franchise in Black's hands more than I did Rodriguez. 

Just a hunch but my feel detector says that he wants to sequel Predator and reboot AvP........

Hunch.  No basis in facts. 

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 29, 2014, 09:56:01 PM

Just a hunch but my feel detector says that he wants to sequel Predator and reboot AvP........

Hunch.  No basis in facts. 
OMG!! Shane Black rebooting AVP CONFIRMED!!!1!1ONE!!1

:D ;)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The feel detector is either going to be right.

Or wrong.

50/50. 

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 29, 2014, 09:56:01 PM

Ditto but I'm not so sure about Fred Dekker handling the script.. Don't get me wrong, I love Fred Dekker's movies like Night of the Creeps, and Monster Squad but Robocop 3 is the black eye when I think Dekker. Still.. I choose Black over Rodriguez any day.

I just hope Fred Dekker can score a good one here with the script.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed