Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 194,923 times)

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 28, 2014, 08:59:50 PMWhy would they want to? It's not as if there were any Predator witnesses - or as if they could differentiate his fuzzy blob of heat from millions of others, once he got back to human civilisation.

Besides, we saw from Harrigan that if a Predator is defeated by prey, the human is considered worthy enough to leave be.

And, as I say, that assumes they'd want to after all those years - and would have any kind of clue he'd even done it.
It could be the opposite, you know? Probably Dutch leading a Predator-tracking special agency. He gets killed in collateral damage.

If I would like anything from the new Predator movie is don't have the Predators turned into pussies. If anything, they could be even more badass this time. I want badass unarmed fighting and probably one of them killing Schwarzenegger. Respect the Yautja.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 29, 2014, 05:33:40 PM
Respect the Yautja.

Dutch did respect his opponent. At no point did he under-estimate it.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 29, 2014, 06:12:20 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Jun 29, 2014, 05:33:40 PM
Respect the Yautja.

Dutch did respect his opponent. At no point did he under-estimate it.
Having the Predator winning this time, it will impose even more respect.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 29, 2014, 06:16:44 PM

While I do like the idea of a Predator killing their prey at the end of the film, I doubt that would go over to well with audiences. Audiences want to see the human protagonist win, they want to see their guy win. It could work as an alternate ending, but as the theatrical release ending? Mmmm.. Not so sure.

The Saint

The Saint

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 29, 2014, 06:48:31 PM

While I do like the idea of a Predator killing their prey at the end of the film, I doubt that would go over to well with audiences. Audiences want to see the human protagonist win, they want to see their guy win. It could work as an alternate ending, but as the theatrical release ending? Mmmm.. Not so sure.
Why not?..what if the humans here in this case deserve to die? (like criminals)

Magegg

Magegg

Well, don't do it in the end. Kill Dutch at the midpoint of the movie, and his partners to find the Predator or something. You can also have the Predator to survive in the end, maybe escaping on its ship or something, set for a second part in which they will be following his ship to find the Predators planet.
Or just have the main character to kill the predator in a dishonourable way in the end.

Quote from: The Saint on Jun 29, 2014, 06:54:25 PMWhy not?..what if the humans here in this case deserve to die? (like criminals)
Well, I'm no pro-making the Predator the hero of the movie. First of all, because I don't think it could be done. Not only the technical aspects to make him empathize with the audience (not even Andy Serkis could help with that), but the fact he doesn't speak, it would be boring.

I would like the Predator to became for most of the part a survivor for this movie, instead of a plain sports hunter. Grey tones, just trying to survive, he can still be ruthless, but not unnecessary cruel.

The Saint

The Saint

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 29, 2014, 06:55:11 PM

Well, I'm no pro-making the Predator the hero of the movie. First of all, because I don't think it could be done. Not only the technical aspects to make him empathize with the audience (not even Andy Serkis could help with that), but the fact he doesn't speak, it would be boring.

I would like the Predator to became for most of the part a survivor for this movie, instead of a plain sports hunter. Grey tones, just trying to survive, he can still be ruthless, but not unnecessary cruel.

It shouldn't make the predator the obvious hero. it can be so that the victims here aren't any soldiers, marines or cops but "bad" people(not like how predators did it!)...i think it gives room for the predator to be more ruthless so as to justify it .

Shaeffer11

Shaeffer11

Let's hope the special effects company they use gets it right with the gripes we've had with the recent Predator designs

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 29, 2014, 06:55:11 PM

Well, don't do it in the end. Kill Dutch at the midpoint of the movie, and his partners to find the Predator or something. You can also have the Predator to survive in the end, maybe escaping on its ship or something, set for a second part in which they will be following his ship to find the Predators planet.
Or just have the main character to kill the predator in a dishonourable way in the end.

Quote from: The Saint on Jun 29, 2014, 06:54:25 PMWhy not?..what if the humans here in this case deserve to die? (like criminals)

Predator 4
IMDb: 0.7
Rotten Tomatoes: 4%

Hudson

Hudson

QuoteWhy not?..what if the humans here in this case deserve to die? (like criminals)

That movie already exists, and it's terrible.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

If it was Arnie in the lead role I'd like him to be a kind of storm chaser character but looking for the predator. I'd prefer him in a smaller role though, like a commanding officer in a unit searching for preds

BullAlien

BullAlien

I would just have dutch talk to who ever is going after it. have him give a heart felt remorseful warning about the Predator on sme recorded video.

Hell, they could have all of the survivors talking on tapes from past interviews with government officials about their encounters with the Predators.

maybe even write them off as dead, part of the story could be that all the former people that dealt with these creatures are winding up dead and the bodies are as they decribed in their interviews.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 30, 2014, 09:58:19 PM
If it was Arnie in the lead role I'd like him to be a kind of storm chaser character but looking for the predator. I'd prefer him in a smaller role though, like a commanding officer in a unit searching for preds
I'd like to see him as a drug addict chasing the Predator. Living in his truck cooking bean burritos on his engine and harassing local Rastafarians... Not in the new movie but in real life.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Hudson on Jun 30, 2014, 05:28:13 PM
That movie already exists, and it's terrible.

As someone who shares your sentiments towards PREDATORS, what exactly did you not like about the movie?

SM

SM

QuoteI'd like to see him as a drug addict chasing the Predator.

Played by a bald Paul McGann who calls the Predator a dragon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed