What would be a proper title for the third (and maybe last) prequel?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, May 12, 2018, 11:12:20 PM

Author
What would be a proper title for the third (and maybe last) prequel? (Read 12,342 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 04, 2018, 11:52:39 PM
Quote from: Huggs on May 17, 2018, 10:45:48 PMI wouldn't rule out Exodus though. Especially given the current situations of the engineers and colonists.

Was looking up stuff and came across Exodus too. Would fit in with everything. And it sounds alright as a movie title and the name of a ship.

Nope. I would rule it out; Ridley Scott already did Exodus Gods and Kings.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 04, 2018, 11:52:39 PM
Could you clean up this topic, please?

Why? Just let the words lie where they are.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 05, 2018, 12:49:31 AMNope. I would rule it out; Ridley Scott already did Exodus Gods and Kings.

True.
And Exodus is the first wave of people going someplace, no?

Maybe there's a story of some kind (historical, religious or mythical) about a follow-up expedition to wherever. May have to look up on actual expeditions.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 05, 2018, 12:57:00 AMWhy? Just let the worse lie where they are.

Practical reasons.

SM

An exodus is massive wave of people going someplace - not necessarily the first.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Anyone spotted the Prometheus out-takes in Exodus: Gods and Kings? There were at least four shots that I can remember.

Paranoid Android

An exodus is a large number of people leaving a place.

Waves are irrelevant; Destinations are irrelevant.

Local Trouble

I always like the name Abaddon.

Huggs

Huggs

If looking at the word Exodus from a religious perspective, keep in mind that the Exodus in the bible was a direct result of the plagues God sent to force the pharaoh's hand, culminating with the deaths of the first born. It all ended with God directly intervening by killing pharaoh and his army by crushing them in the sea, and allowing the Israelites to escape.

One could say the black goo/spores and various forms of neo/xeno represent the plagues. Either the embryos onboard Covenant, or David's other counterparts which were no doubt taken offline due to people's concerns represent the firstborn. The paradise engineers or the colonists represent the Israelites, and pharaoh is David. Seeking to enslave and destroy supposedly inferior forms of life out of anger and a sense of superiority, only to anger and be crushed by the gods, which would fit in with Ridley's engineers discovering David's evil and coming after him.

Plus I just thought it sounded like a good name for a ship and a movie.

MU-TH-UR 6000

Exodus: Gods and Kings.

Oh wait...

The Old One

The Old One

Back to Carpathia it is, yes I will keep pushing that for summer slam.

Baron Von Marlon

I prefer Hades, the name of the god of the underworld and the underworld itself.
It would suit an arrogant, more military kind of expedition. As I expect the new ship won't be just another colony ship like the Covenant. If we take Advent into consideration.

Reading on the Prometheus wiki page.
"Prometheus is freed at last by the hero Heracles (Hercules)."
Heracles might be something. But it doesn't sound right to me.

Maybe Perseus.

Damn, I'm way too curious of what the title might be.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 06, 2018, 04:05:02 AM
I prefer Hades, the name of the god of the underworld and the underworld itself.
It would suit an arrogant, more military kind of expedition. As I expect the new ship won't be just another colony ship like the Covenant. If we take Advent into consideration.

Reading on the Prometheus wiki page.
"Prometheus is freed at last by the hero Heracles (Hercules)."
Heracles might be something. But it doesn't sound right to me.

Maybe Perseus.

Damn, I'm way too curious of what the title might be.

I can guarantee it will be something with more syllables than "Alien" -they'd never go with something as overt and recognisable as Hades.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 06, 2018, 04:16:44 AMI can guarantee it will be something with more syllables than "Alien"

Alien: Retribution
Alien: Discombobulated
Alien: Antidisestablishmentarianism

Baron Von Marlon

Argo has something to it. But there's a somewhat recent movie with the same title. And a game or cartoon or something.
But it's the name of a mythical ship on a quest to retrieve something.
Or maybe Argonautica after the poem https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argonautica

While checking out this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_ships
I noticed there was a ship called the Covenant in this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapped_(novel) but it's probably unrelated

Btw, I know chances of being right are slim to none but I think it's fun way of killing time. And learning something as well.

The Old One

The Old One

Can't see Argonautica due to Subnautica.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed