Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 01:43:07 PM
Spoiler
What is it about ash that is a cameo then, it can't be anything physical since Nostromo was destroyed completely, so if his head pops up then whoever came with that idea should quit showbusiness. If its BC then its goes back to the stupidity that I mentioned earlier
[close]
Last post by SiL - Today at 01:30:57 PM
Spoiler
By all accounts it's a cameo, but the shitty midquelness of it is indelible.
[close]
RIP sir.
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 01:26:49 PM
I understand, but considering damage is done, at least let it be somehow of little importance for the story.
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Today at 07:02:18 AM
Quote from: SM on Today at 12:36:21 AMWhich ones?
They wouldn't address the issues you've highlighted, but the two scenes I've always regretted them cutting are
  • Milburn (sp?) finding the shed skin - because it builds him up as a bit of reckless twat before he suddenly goes full moron and starts petting an obviously pissed-off space snake.
  • And the chat between Janek and Vickers about his time in the military - not only is it a cracking dialogue scene, it likewise clues you in to Janek's mentality when he decides to kamikaze the derelict, which as a decision always felt like it came totally out of left field in the theatrical cut to me. Here's this lackadaisical, gives-no-shits captain and suddenly he's willing to off himself to save the world? His talk with Vickers gives that some much-needed (imo) context.

And while they don't help the pacing, both of those address one my personal biggest problems with the film which is the rubbish character(s)/development.

I don't think either of these scenes would've markedly improved the film. Finding the other lifeform earlier may have improved Milburn but he's still the guy frightened of dead things but excited by scary alien snakes.

And the Janek and Vickers scene is just too long when the real action belongs with Shaw and David. It humanises Vickers but not long after she's all 'Let's go home' and quite happy to strand Shaw.

General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Rest in Peace Roger Corman
Last post by SiL - Today at 12:13:28 PM
Meanwhile Paul Schrader is flinging shit on a corpse.
Recreational Area / Re: What made you unhappy toda...
Last post by Prez - Today at 11:54:02 AM
Last post by SiL - Today at 11:45:37 AM
I don't want it to play any role.

The recent still of the two actors using the gun recalling Ripley and Hicks, along with Spaeny in the elevator in the trailer, really don't give me confidence this will be much more than a memberberry salad with some neat setpieces thrown in.
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 11:43:36 AM
Whatever then, it is not my job to inform you.
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 11:42:23 AM
Hopefully it will not play a big role in the story.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed