Why do people idolize Wolf so much?

Started by The Runner, Jul 04, 2012, 10:20:30 PM

Author
Why do people idolize Wolf so much? (Read 51,607 times)

Scorpio

Quote from: GreybackElder on Sep 14, 2017, 02:00:13 AM
AVP left a bad taste in some of our mouths not because 1 alien took out 2 preds but because they seemed like a castrated version of themselves in AVP.

Don't see what was so 'castrated' about them.  The predators had a lot of cool moments in that movie.  They weren't portrayed as weak at all. 

GreybackElder

Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 14, 2017, 03:14:09 AM
Quote from: GreybackElder on Sep 14, 2017, 02:00:13 AM
AVP left a bad taste in some of our mouths not because 1 alien took out 2 preds but because they seemed like a castrated version of themselves in AVP.

Don't see what was so 'castrated' about them.  The predators had a lot of cool moments in that movie.  They weren't portrayed as weak at all.
Honestly I think the biggest thing for me was the team up. I know most AVP novels have a team up with a human or a peace with humanity to face a greater threat. In my opinion I just don't think has translated well on the big screen. If it's done right I think it could work it just didn't work for me. At the end P2 and even predators the interaction between humans and the predators who are not hunting always seemed uneasy, unpredictable. Like they could turn any moment. I just didn't feel that in AVP.

Huntsman

The biggest badass is Scarface from Concrete Jungle (PS2). He failed in a hunt and was exiled for 100 years. He regained his honour by killing an entire crime family and a hive of xenomorphs along the way. "I'm the boss of this city!" is so satisfying.

HuDaFuK

I love Scarface so much he's one of only two NECA figures I've ever bought.

NeoXenoPred

Ah Wolf, the reason why people are calling the Predators demi-god. Wolf is actually interesting, as you see a Predator which is titled an elite who work as a cleaner of a failed hunt. But, the only thing i hate is how easily he killed the Aliens without affected by acid blood. He just ran, killed every Aliens, and fans called him a badass. To me, he just not badass, as his enemies is far weaker than even Aliens xenomorphs. Why call him badass if his enemy is like 1/12 of their original strength and a wimp? Just because he has a lot of cool gadget? What an excellent statement, mate. You just got the title of a fanboy, which is the same as spinosaurus fanboys. I agree that Pred fanboys is more numerous than Aliens, and in YouTube it's always Predator which get the most recognition and fame. People loved Preds like the Preds are gods and view Aliens as "ew, cockroach!" Aliens, while showing that Xenomorph is actually and easily killable, usually requiring dangerous weapons which experts must use, like Pulse Rifle, which is explosive tipped and Smartgun, which is heavy but advnatageous to marines. Meanwhile in AvP-R, you just stomp on its head withouth worrying about your feet burned into nothing. Why call the Xenomorph as the ultimate prey, but they are slaughtered in large numbers? Thank you Dark Horse Comics, you just make the Predators invincible and the Aliens as p****.

What i really hate is when in every AvP comics that the Predators always win. I understand that they are the main characters. But why make the Xenomorph weak? It's just like the stormtroopers, accurate at first, bad aim at the last. I even see a comic from Dark Horse where Aliens easily killed by shooting Pulse Rifle, understandable. But a Predator walking through Pulse Rifle rounds unscatched? WTF in the world man? Pulse Rifle is explosive tipped! I guess the creator is a Pred fan too.

I agree with the Biologist that GreyBack Elder mentioned earlier that Alien should win. A creature with no remorse and a weapon itself vs a creature which is basically both an advanced and primal humanoid which must use a weapon. Predators totally screwed, especially when they swarm. Marines even having a hard time, even a Pred. If an AvP movie was created by a director which is not biased towards either species, i thought that the movie would be a great movie and an enjoyable watch.

SM

SM

The Predators don't always win in AvP comics.

NeoXenoPred

Yeah maybe not always, but mostly. Mostly pred wins, Aliens get massacred, and humans for the win at the comics. That's just a bit oversight.

GreybackElder

Quote from: NeoXenoPred on Sep 15, 2017, 03:56:48 PM
Ah Wolf, the reason why people are calling the Predators demi-god. Wolf is actually interesting, as you see a Predator which is titled an elite who work as a cleaner of a failed hunt. But, the only thing i hate is how easily he killed the Aliens without affected by acid blood. He just ran, killed every Aliens, and fans called him a badass. To me, he just not badass, as his enemies is far weaker than even Aliens xenomorphs. Why call him badass if his enemy is like 1/12 of their original strength and a wimp? Just because he has a lot of cool gadget? What an excellent statement, mate. You just got the title of a fanboy, which is the same as spinosaurus fanboys. I agree that Pred fanboys is more numerous than Aliens, and in YouTube it's always Predator which get the most recognition and fame. People loved Preds like the Preds are gods and view Aliens as "ew, cockroach!" Aliens, while showing that Xenomorph is actually and easily killable, usually requiring dangerous weapons which experts must use, like Pulse Rifle, which is explosive tipped and Smartgun, which is heavy but advnatageous to marines. Meanwhile in AvP-R, you just stomp on its head withouth worrying about your feet burned into nothing. Why call the Xenomorph as the ultimate prey, but they are slaughtered in large numbers? Thank you Dark Horse Comics, you just make the Predators invincible and the Aliens as p****.

What i really hate is when in every AvP comics that the Predators always win. I understand that they are the main characters. But why make the Xenomorph weak? It's just like the stormtroopers, accurate at first, bad aim at the last. I even see a comic from Dark Horse where Aliens easily killed by shooting Pulse Rifle, understandable. But a Predator walking through Pulse Rifle rounds unscatched? WTF in the world man? Pulse Rifle is explosive tipped! I guess the creator is a Pred fan too.

I agree with the Biologist that GreyBack Elder mentioned earlier that Alien should win. A creature with no remorse and a weapon itself vs a creature which is basically both an advanced and primal humanoid which must use a weapon. Predators totally screwed, especially when they swarm. Marines even having a hard time, even a Pred. If an AvP movie was created by a director which is not biased towards either species, i thought that the movie would be a great movie and an enjoyable watch.
Interesting. I've seen the arguement before that these aliens are "weaker" in AVP:R. Weaker compared to what? The interaction between marines and aliens in aliens? They still made quick work of the national guard. Honestly, I don't think their weaker per se maybe just wolf is too overpowered. I'd prefer a more even match between an alien and a pred. Every fight between the two species should look like the AVP R predalien fight in my opinion.  I'm a huge HUGE predator fan by the way! I just think it would be a more interesting battle.
By the way in regards to the biologist, he said at a distant with weapons the predator would have a massive advantage(of course) but up close and personal the Alien would probably overpower the predator.

Huntsman

I think it's largely due to hunts having one Predator or two at a time.

If there's a hive of Aliens, they're going to get more kills because the story kinda warrants it. If an Alien kills the Pred early on, the story is over. You know what I mean?

That's why the AVP movie was a good balance. Two Preds got killed and it became a hunt gone wrong, with only one Predator left. I think it was a good balance because it didn't downplay the power of either creature. If anything, the Xenomorphs were depicted as the stronger foe. Two Predators killed, Scar facehugged and later impaled by a Queen.

The pyramid full of Aliens gets destroyed, but that's not combat. That's an explosion. Same thing with blasting Xenomorphs with pulse rifles from a distance. That's not combat and IMO it doesn't downplay the reputation of the creatures. People arm themselves to the teeth with such weaponry because they are scared. Does shooting a lion from a kilometre away change the fact it's the natural king of the jungle?

NeoXenoPred

Yeah man, wolf is OP. Thr Aliens were deadly to humans and national guards, but when they met Wolf, they suddenly lose their IQ. The Aliens got the chance to ambush him and kill him for good, but they instead just stalks him. An even match is a good idea, like Grid vs Celtic or Predalien vs Wolf.

I agree that weaponry is the one that kill the Xeno's effectively. To completely obliterate them you must use explosives. It's the surest way to kill 'em. Pulse Rifles explosive tipped bullets is sure scary as hell when you got hit by it, surely one of the most effective way to dispatch it. Just like a tiger vs a man. A tiger at close range would kill a human quickly, but if the human got a rifle the tiger is dead, unless it ambushed the man. The problem is in Aliens Colonial Marines and probably some comics that they have lost their ambushing capabilities. I understand that if they ambush that the story become quickly boring and the game is too hard, but the Lurker is one good example of ambushing Xeno.

I'm agree that Xenomorph is a strong foe, but in open sight they could easily killed with plasmacaster or pulse rifles. AvP movie is balancing them, explains why the Xenomorph is referred as the ultimate prey, as it's deadly and efficient. The only problem is in the first AvP movie the Preds are young bloods, not the experienced ones like Anytime or Wolf. I imagine if 3 Preds that rank is the same as Anytime fights a small hive, that would be epic.

Huntsman

Quote from: NeoXenoPred on Sep 17, 2017, 07:11:01 AM
I agree that weaponry is the one that kill the Xeno's effectively. To completely obliterate them you must use explosives. It's the surest way to kill 'em. Pulse Rifles explosive tipped bullets is sure scary as hell when you got hit by it, surely one of the most effective way to dispatch it. Just like a tiger vs a man. A tiger at close range would kill a human quickly, but if the human got a rifle the tiger is dead, unless it ambushed the man.
Yep. That's how it should be. Predators are hunters, but so are Xenos. They climb on walls, ambush their prey and kill efficiently. A lion, tiger or any other wild animal has claws and speed as its weapons, and if they get close, you're dead. The same should be true of Xenos.

SM

SM

QuoteWeaker compared to what?

Compared to Aliens who don't simply let a Predator pick them up by the throat and wriggle a bit.

Huntsman

Exactly. They'd at least try and impale the threat, scratch or try and break loose.

SM

SM

Even the Alien that forgot it had arms in AvP at least had a crack at Lex with it's tail.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Sep 18, 2017, 06:01:31 AM
Even the Alien that forgot it had arms in AvP at least had a crack at Lex with it's tail.

We could at least head-canon that one away with spinal damage or something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed