Something is brewing on Instagram...

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 20, 2018, 06:48:28 PM

Author
Something is brewing on Instagram... (Read 69,596 times)

Local Trouble

Mind wiped just like dear old mom after her own midquel adventure!  The Little Deletion, so to speak.

Local Trouble

Are you excited?

Vermillion

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 28, 2018, 11:15:45 PM
Explained!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tWP8zXYslc

I only got halfway through when the overwhelming feeling that I was getting dumber by the second overtook me.

Does he ever explain anything?

Local Trouble

What do you mean?  It's right there in the title!

SM

SM

It's not in all caps though.

The Old One

The Old One

Does no other short range ship exist in the Alien Universe aside from the UD-4L Cheyenne Dropship?

First the UPP uses it in William Gibson's Alien 3.

Now W-Y in this? With W-Y Logo and everything?
If someone spots or impounds the ship, you want them to know you're responsible?
If the mentality is to blame it on the USCM then why cover it in the W-Y Logo?

Just strikes me as really lazy use of iconography,
without thinking about what the iconography implies.

Eldritch_DM

I mean... that video isn't really explaining anything. It's just like every other "EXPLAINED!" channel out there, fan speculation.

irn

irn

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 28, 2018, 11:42:33 PM
This sounds like Amanda doesn't know what they are. This makes no sense unless she had her memory erased. She already encountered the xeno's in Isolation. If this takes place before Isolation, the Alien shouldn't be a surprise to her in the game. What is going on with this?

After now knowing that Fox found it perfectly acceptable to film an ending to The Predator featuring a time-traveling Ellen Ripley, I have no faith in them giving a crap if anything makes sense.

The Old One

The Old One

I didn't get the impression it was as if she doesn't know what she's dealing with-
what made you think that?

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 29, 2018, 11:14:45 AM
Does no other short range ship exist in the Alien Universe aside from the UD-4L Cheyenne Dropship?

If someone spots or impounds the ship, you want them to know you're responsible?

My guess now is that this art isn't going to be used in the final product, whatever that may be.  The W-Y logos plastered on everything may simply be intended as a sort of visual shorthand for marketing purposes rather than a direct reflection of what we'll actually get.

Only SM knows for sure.

Eldritch_DM

I mean... WY manufactures Cheyenne Dropships for the USCM. Why wouldn't they have their own fleet of them with their logo?

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 29, 2018, 07:09:22 PM

My guess now is that this art isn't going to be used in the final product, whatever that may be.  The W-Y logos plastered on everything may simply be intended as a sort of visual shorthand for marketing purposes rather than a direct reflection of what we'll actually get.

I hope you're correct.

Quote from: Badwolf-00 on Dec 29, 2018, 07:29:30 PM
I mean... WY manufactures Cheyenne Dropships for the USCM. Why wouldn't they have their own fleet of them with their logo?

Where's this from? If so, all the more reason to use a type of ship unaffiliated with them.

Because it's Umbrella-Tier (Garbage) for W-Y to have their own private military.
Even more so if they use it openly to commit war crimes as the image implies.

Local Trouble

I mean... WY manufactures Cheyenne Dropships for the USCM.

Citation needed.

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 29, 2018, 07:48:05 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 29, 2018, 07:09:22 PM

I hope you're correct.

Where's this from? If so, all the more reason to use a type of ship unaffiliated with them.

Because it's Umbrella-Tier (Garbage) for W-Y to have their own private military.
Even more so if they use it openly to commit war crimes as the image implies.

Uh... have you seen Alien3? They do have their own private military. I mean, PMC literally is Private Military Company.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 29, 2018, 07:48:18 PM
I mean... WY manufactures Cheyenne Dropships for the USCM.

Citation needed.

Wow I feel like I'm in high school again...

I went and looked and my mistake mixed up it with the Sulaco. They manufacture Conestoga class vessels. The WY Report, lists out the weapons that are definitely manufactured and sold to the USCM. Then again, it doesn't say whether or not the APC or Dropships are manufactured by them. I... I assume that they are also manufactured by them considering how much other equipment, arms, and vehicles are manufactured by WY.

Xenopedia also says WY owns the USCM but I don't trust that because I've never heard it stated or read it anywhere else.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed