Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 118,948 times)

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Jan 16, 2011, 03:21:49 PM
I have to admit, it's pretty fascinating to watch some of you guys out there sitting behind your computer getting hard on Ridley's new Alien movie and then calling him a coward and disparaging him from the safety of your chairs because he has the balls to do something new. There's nothing wrong at all with having an artistic critique, but to literally call a guy like Ridley names based on nothing other than the fact that you're bitter you won't be getting what you claim to really not want comes off as petty and transparent. Come on guys! We might actually be getting something artistic!

Dude...he is a coward....and do you know why?:

1)''It's a brand new box of tricks'' ....
2)''We know what the road map is''...
3)''We're hoping to have it in theaters in late 2011, or maybe the best date in 2012''.....
4)''Yeah, he's still around (H.R. Giger,) Once I get more serious and get going, and the big wheels start turning, we'll certainly talk. And maybe we'll come up with something completely different. ''
5)"The film will be really tough, really nasty,"
6)"It's the dark side of the moon. We are talking about gods and engineers. Engineers of space''

If he hadn't said all these...none would call him anything...but as it seems instead of putting his ass down and work more to the script and the movie so he creates something equal or better than Cameron's (as he said),he just trowed his guns down,TOOK some ideas from the prequel,added them on the new movie and that's it! :)

Also the fact he wont make the prequel means he was shiting us when he was telling all these...it means he wasnt ready 4 anything and just spoke out of his ass......damn such a disappointment.

If he wasnt certain 100% he would pull it off he shouldnt have said anything because now he looks like an ass.

Also im 300% sure he is the one who changed his mind...if he still wanted to do it and Fox tried to cancel it...there would be WWIII.

***btw i prefer Ridley's alien than Cameron's,i don't try to attack Ridley so to support Cameron...i just say what i see and think.

SpaceMarines

I find this hilarious. :laugh:

Such anger.

ShadowPred

Quote from: stroggificated on Jan 16, 2011, 12:03:31 PM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 16, 2011, 04:11:33 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 16, 2011, 04:03:39 AM
I am too glad to see you back.

Well.... I can't speak for everybody but... I am actually smiling about this right now. I don't care if people get pissed off at me for smiling for this but you know what, I'm actually with the people that say there was no need for a prequel. You simply can't touch a classic like Alien. And given that there is a span of five movies, seven if you count the AvP films (which I know A LOT of people here don't), then enough is enough.

Alien is done. They don't need to do it anymore.

No more. No more. No more.

-Rakai'Thwei

Clap.....Clap......Clap

It's a pity i won't never see your reactions here if PREDATORS had met the same fate as the Alien Prequel. Then an Alien Fan comes along and...
QuoteWell.... I can't speak for everybody but... I am actually smiling about this right now. I don't care if people get pissed off at me for smiling for this but you know what, I'm actually with the people that say there was no need for a prequel sequel/reboot. You simply can't touch a classic like Alien Predator. And given that there is a span of five two movies, seven four if you count the AvP films (which I know A LOT of people here don't), then enough is enough.

Alien Predator is done. They don't need to do it anymore.

No more. No more. No more.

The least you need now are malicious Predator fans here on this thread.  ::)

This post is so hilarious. Go read up on more posts from Raka.

Gash

Gash

The title would still suggest it's about Gods and engineers. Wait and see. You might find it still has a lot of crossovers, it'll certainly feel more like ALIEN than A:R, AVP etc did, so don't worry. Just wave bye bye to the 'xenomorph' and appreciate the new horror.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 16, 2011, 04:53:30 PM

Such anger.

If you refer to me its no anger,i just want to clarify who's failure it is.  8)
Although iam a bit disappointing because i saw alien 3 and 4 on the cinema and i waited for part 5 a loooooooooooong time.
and when i heard Ridley is on board i was so happy,i still cant believe he behaved like this.
I mean its like you are ready to have sex...you are naked,you had foreplay,you put the condom on,you move closer...and suddenly your gf says: baaahhh i changed my mind :S  :o

SpaceMarines

Quote from: prodigy211 on Jan 16, 2011, 04:57:38 PM

Such anger.

If you refer to me its no anger,i just want to clarify who's failure it is.  8)
Although iam a bit disappointing because i saw alien 3 and 4 on the cinema and i waited for part 5 a loooooooooooong time.
and when i heard Ridley is on board i was so happy,i still cant believe he behaved like this.
I mean its like you are ready to have sex...you are naked,you had foreplay,you put the condom on,you move closer...and suddenly your gf says: baaahhh i changed my mind :S  :o

What an apt metaphor for this series.

ThisBethesdaSea

Well said Gash...I believe this film will certainly connect itself with Alien, but not blatantly.

Bishop2

In related news, Christmas is cancelled and the Easter Bunny is dead.

I understand that this is the safe route for both Fox and Scott, and it's smart from a business standpoint. I don't believe that there's going to be any continuity connection to the Alien universe, as I've seen other sites say - I mean, there's a quote right there that says that Ridley has created a new UNIVERSE, so yeah.

It'll be interesting to see, and it's probably the smart move, but damn - it's still heartbreaking. Especially after Predators was such an epic letdown for me, I was really hoping Scott was going to pull out something great in the A/P/AVP realm.

Such is life.

Peakius Baragonius

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: Bishop2 on Jan 16, 2011, 05:54:00 PM
In related news, Christmas is cancelled and the Easter Bunny is dead.

I understand that this is the safe route for both Fox and Scott, and it's smart from a business standpoint. I don't believe that there's going to be any continuity connection to the Alien universe, as I've seen other sites say - I mean, there's a quote right there that says that Ridley has created a new UNIVERSE, so yeah.

It'll be interesting to see, and it's probably the smart move, but damn - it's still heartbreaking. Especially after Predators was such an epic letdown for me, I was really hoping Scott was going to pull out something great in the A/P/AVP realm.

Such is life.

A new universe...that happens to have a portal to the Alien one?

I know...I'm desperate here... :-\

EDIT: Maybe NECA will make some figures of the "Proto-Not-Aliens"?

Hmm...you know what, I think I smell AVPVP: Alien vs. Predator vs. Prometheus coming on.  :D 

worriors

worriors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsbYx6hevoQ#

What i thought when i first heard.

stroggificated

I still do.  :'(

emperorjordan

QuoteSuch anger.

Don't laugh.  I remember talking excitedly about the on-off possibility of this film with a friend when the quadrilogy was released (2003 - i.e., approaching one decade).

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Such anger.

This.

Sorry but this is just bullshit that Ridley has come up with. Starting to make an Alien storyline and in the middle of the process: "Uh, I think I'm gonna need a new franchise for this one."

No matter how many good movies Ridley did and no matter how good this Prometheus is going to be, the working progress was/is totally lame!

TheAncientEnemy

Quote from: prodigy211 on Jan 16, 2011, 04:47:25 PM
Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Jan 16, 2011, 03:21:49 PM
I have to admit, it's pretty fascinating to watch some of you guys out there sitting behind your computer getting hard on Ridley's new Alien movie and then calling him a coward and disparaging him from the safety of your chairs because he has the balls to do something new. There's nothing wrong at all with having an artistic critique, but to literally call a guy like Ridley names based on nothing other than the fact that you're bitter you won't be getting what you claim to really not want comes off as petty and transparent. Come on guys! We might actually be getting something artistic!

Dude...he is a coward....and do you know why?:

1)''It's a brand new box of tricks'' ....
2)''We know what the road map is''...
3)''We're hoping to have it in theaters in late 2011, or maybe the best date in 2012''.....
4)''Yeah, he's still around (H.R. Giger,) Once I get more serious and get going, and the big wheels start turning, we'll certainly talk. And maybe we'll come up with something completely different. ''
5)"The film will be really tough, really nasty,"
6)"It's the dark side of the moon. We are talking about gods and engineers. Engineers of space''

Not a single one of your six "points" has anything to do with him being a coward. In fact, not one of your six statements even has anything to do with Alien at all. Every single one could be applied to whatever he has been working on.

Statement three pertaining to the release date is not only irrelevant but confusing because the release date, which has now been noted, is not part of the debate nor does his statement contradict what information has been released pertaining to it.

Your first and fourth statements might even lean towards contradicting your own anger in the first place. "It's a brand new box of tricks." "And maybe we'll come up with something completely different." Fun tip: It's usually best to find information that actually supports your position instead of providing evidence to solidify the opposite.

Don't confuse Ridley's general statements with the result of putting them through the drooling fanboy filter. Just because all of these quotes got you frothing for hot marine-on-xenomorph-on-space jockey action doesn't mean for one second that that was the intention. Most of all the speculation about this film has been fan-driven and even the "semi-official" info has been largely found to be bunk.

Bone collector

Give a Predator a movie role he'll be done in less then a year with a damn good movie.

Give the Alien a movie role and a game for that matter to save what is left of our beloved bug.And gets delayed forever and turned into something else.

Really if predators can survive AVP who's to say Alien cant come on FOX!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed