Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 118,956 times)

Valaquen

Hm, Alien 5 I think would follow Resurrection. Ripley again? Or ADI Aliens? Not what I want. [I know, reeks of WAAAAH].

StrangeShape

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 15, 2011, 03:14:13 AM
Hm, Alien 5 I think would follow Resurrection. Ripley again? Or ADI Aliens? Not what I want. [I know, reeks of WAAAAH].

I would prefer a prequel than the never ending continuation, ADI bugs and following the adventures of the 8th superclone of Ripley

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

We always hope for someone else to do the Prequel without Scott.

Sharp Sticks

No. If anyone else does it, it will be horrible. This was the last chance, and they wasted it.

Mr. Clemens

I'm strangely pleased and relieved to hear this news.

For Rid's first return to sci-fi in nearly 30 years, I'm really happy that he's freed from the constraints of what an Alien film needs to be. He had that freedom on Alien, and it was great. He had that freedom on Blade Runner, and it was great, too. Sadly, Alien has become a 'brand' and there are too many interests involved with that brand for anything truly original and genius to be made. Now, Ridley (and Giger, hopefully) can go absolutely nuts.

Plus, ask yourself: were you *really* looking forward to finding out that the Space Jockey was a galactic explorer named Hank who created the aliens in a fish tank, like so many Sea Monkeys, and then was pursued for a while by some woman named Elizabeth Shaw? I mean... who cares?

Valaquen

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jan 15, 2011, 03:38:41 AM
Plus, ask yourself: were you *really* looking forward to finding out that the Space Jockey was a galactic explorer named Hank who created the aliens in a fish tank, like so many Sea Monkeys, and then was pursued for a while by some woman named Elizabeth Shaw? I mean... who cares?
Fan fiction will prevail!

Anyway, if the script for this started out as Alien, then it'll likely leak eventually [I don't buy Harvest] and then Predxeno or whomever will start a thread about it and we can all spend 800 pages arguing ala Bishop in Alien 3.

Sharp Sticks

Oh, great. I can't wait for that.

bleau

Ridley doesn't say anything it about not being an alien prequel. I say it still has relevance to Alien.

Sharp Sticks

Yes he did. Go read the article again.

Valaquen

See! It begins.

bleau

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 15, 2011, 03:45:15 AM
Yes he did. Go read the article again.

RIDLEY SAYS THIS IN EVERYTHING I'VE READ THUS FAR:

"While Alien was indeed the jumping off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place. The keen fan will recognize strands of Alien's DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative."

The article say's it is no more alien prequel, but Ridley Never states that. It could be a mis interpretation.

Federick Gonsa

My heart shatters into pieces... I want to go home...

Sharp Sticks

Huol

Huol

Whatever, much rather have a new Ridley Scott sci fi movie than a new alien movie.

samoht

well, to try and look on the bright side, hopefully this means that that they can create a whole new monster. Make a fresh start.
Make whatever the f**k they want.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed