AvP 1999

Started by Born Of Cold Light, Jan 28, 2014, 03:35:25 AM

Author
AvP 1999 (Read 6,385 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It should be cheap enough anyway. It's a classic piece of AvP gaming and a very good game. Very atmospheric for the time.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Wey-Yu Xeno on May 13, 2014, 08:18:44 PM
but I had to spend an hour looking for the exit, which is no fun.

AvP 1 can be finished in 30 min if you are in no hurry.

Razz

Razz

Such a classic, one of the first games I bought when I got into pc gaming. The memories. :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I only played this for the first time recently.

The graphics are awful, the story is non-existent, the level layouts are archaic and the characters... well, there aren't any.

But GOD DAMN is it scary. Like, balls-to-the-wall scary. I love how it has both horror ("Oh Jesus when's the next Alien gonna show up!") and terror ("Oh Jesus the Aliens have showed up I'm gonna die!") in it. The confrontations are frantic and the pauses between them are nail-biting. Great stuff. Could've done with being a bit longer though.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Install the REDUX asap, duh..

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

To be clear, my criticism of the graphics wasn't intended to be negative. They're bad, yeah, but the game is so scary that it doesn't even matter.

That said, I might have to search the mod out.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 23, 2014, 02:07:18 PM
This? http://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-versus-predator-classic-redux

Yes, its a must have!  :) My playthrough is with it so you can see the difference in the vid I posted a few posts ago.

Wey-Yu Xeno

Wey-Yu Xeno

The mod file is huge, though

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Wey-Yu Xeno on Jul 03, 2014, 04:12:14 AM
The mod file is huge, though
and completely worth it

WinterActual

WinterActual

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Starting to replay this game with live commentary. Join me here in my marine playthrough. =D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7jf_ybw0DI

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've recorded the first 3 missions to do Let Play's actually. Kept dying on the 4th so haven't touched it in a while. xD

I'll have a watch of yours later :)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Just run directly for the SADAR, ignore the xenos and the predator and one you've got it, go back to deal with the pred. Check my vid to see, if you want. Its very short mission really, just 5 min  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've completed it plenty of times before - just haven't played through for some years. I'm trying to take my time and not rush through it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed