Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 464,469 times)

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Chris P on Mar 28, 2009, 10:47:08 PM
Nope, Grid still had the edge the entire fight. From jumping on Celtic, to still going 100% after being pwned in the face into the pillar, to eventually killing him.  Celtic was always on the bottom (except for the throw he did). As much of a "macho" dude he was, so was Grid. When they faced off after that, Gris spent some time to let out a cocky smile and hiss, so I say they both made the same efforts to be all high and mighty, just Grid had the ballz to back himself up. ;)

Nope. There were parts where Gid was getting his ass kicked and Celtic had the edge, and celtic wasn't always down. There's a part where he ended up pinning grid down when they were wrestling, when he tackled him through the wall, threw him across the room, and caught him in the net. :)

QuoteBy the way.... about the luck factor: I just remembered, when Grid and Celtic were wrestling on the ground, Celtic NOT getting impaled then was completely luck, His only hope that occurred was that kick which threw Grid off him.

Which would mean, he outsmarted Grid. ;) He knew that tail would f**k him hard up the ass if he didn't do anything, so he kicked him off. And may I mention when Celtic dodged Grid's on-comng tail, he decided to disarm him, by slicing off his tail. He knew, smart, little....big bastard. ;)

QuoteActually I know. Grid lived two doors down from me, We just had a BBQ dinner and I brought up the fight. He said I was right, he easilly pushed through that net, although he did say it hurt a little. ;)  :D

Nah, I remember running into the queen once at Micky D's. She told me Grid was crying like a pussy in reality, and was literally pissing acid on himsef, which helped him break free. ;)

Chris P

Chris P

You "quoted" yourself.  ;) But funny anyways.  :D

Predboy

Predboy

Ah shit, I hate it when that happens.

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: Predboy on Mar 29, 2009, 02:52:32 AM
Ah shit, I hate it when that happens.

Haha, I know eh? It sucks!

;D

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

For some reason, I've always thought of the Grid as the kinda "Alpha Male" of the Aliens.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

He wasn't. He was the only you would recognize though because the scar on his head. But he wasn't a leader of any type.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

I know, thats just a random idea I had.

Chris P

Chris P

Well, no in fact.

If you watch the film again, you'll see that Grid did position himself above the others for his two victories. He is the one leading the platoon into the queen chamber and orders the Aliens to retreat when they are getting impaled by Scar's Plasma Caster.

So, Cloverfan98, you were right.  ;)

SiL

SiL

Grid's the only one to hear the Queen (the others are too busy being shot), and tells the others. This would mean he'd leave first and get their first. Doesn't mean he was their leader.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Thanks Chris! I guess it really just depends on how you look at it.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Y'know, if Grid was a Praetorian (like in AvP 2) it would have been cooler. A praetorian is smarter, stronger and MAYBE just as agile as an alien drone. But it would have made sense, since Grid stationed himself higher than the other drones, being a praetorian would have been waaay better.

Chris P

Chris P

The preatorians were described everywhere as being bigger, stronger but slower. I doubt she could move like a drone, let alone crawl on walls even. Not to mention it wouldn't be hat cool as the drones in AVP were fairly large for drones and made a good match. Compared to the Queen in AVP, the Preatorian would have been an "over-rated" villian and would kill them too easily.  8)

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Yeah.

But what if... oh what's the use, I'l be wrong anyway!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Chris P on Apr 01, 2009, 12:27:31 AM
The preatorians were described everywhere as being bigger, stronger but slower. I doubt she could move like a drone, let alone crawl on walls even. Not to mention it wouldn't be hat cool as the drones in AVP were fairly large for drones and made a good match. Compared to the Queen in AVP, the Preatorian would have been an "over-rated" villian and would kill them too easily.  8)

There's no real need for a Praetorian in a movie because the drones are all the Queen needs. Praetorians only exist for the sake of the games so the player has more aliens to shoot at.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 01, 2009, 02:59:54 PM
Quote from: Chris P on Apr 01, 2009, 12:27:31 AM

There's no real need for a Praetorian in a movie because the drones are all the Queen needs. Praetorians only exist for the sake of the games so the player has more aliens to shoot at.

Thank goodness! Fox would totally RUIN the whole Praetorian thing with their new designs for getting more people to see a total piece of crap!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed