Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 123,449 times)

Scorpio

Scorpio

That new image.. looks like predator blood on the leaves.

Ramjet311

Ramjet311

Quote from: Scorpio on Apr 01, 2018, 06:06:17 AM
That new image.. looks like predator blood on the leaves.

Looks like the Preds silhouette on the left behind the tree?
I'll say teaser out 14th April

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

What is that blue mark in the photo? Judging by all the info, let me guess. . Predators now have a blue blood.  ::)

Petr

Petr

Was that a joke ?

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Hollywood on Apr 01, 2018, 02:56:13 AM
Exactly. It is not as if rushing out a trailer like 'Venom' did would be beneficial.

You're right, the Venom movie had one of the worst trailers of any 2018 movie. Every reaction on YouTube I've watched had underwhelmed and negative things to say, I remember one guy said it was so generic it felt like it was fan made lol

Avengers Infinity War had its first trailer on Nov. 29 with a release date of April 27. That's 4 months, 30 days between.

Solo had its first trailer on Feb 4 2018 with a release date of May 25. That's 3 months, 21 days between.

Ant Man 2 had its first trailer on January 30 2018 with a release date of July 6. That's 5 months, 7 days between.

Rampage had its first trailer on November 16 with a release date of April 13. That's 4 months, 29 days between.

Skyscraper had its first trailer on February 4 with a release date of July 13. That's 5 months, 10 days between.

A Quiet Place had its first trailer on November 16 with a release date of April 6. That's 4 months, 22 days between.

The Predator has an expected trailer on about April 15 with a release date of September 14. That's 5 months and in the same ballpark of timing with all the other big movies listed above.

JOHN WICK

JOHN WICK

Modus operandi  FOX. Trailer 4/5 moths.

Logan : trailer october/Release March
Avatar: trailer  agosto/Release  December
The Wolverine: trailer March/ release July
Kingsman 2: trailer April/release septiembre
X-Men first class: trailer feb/release may
Alien Covenant: trailer december/release may
Die hard 4 trailer december / release june

ELDERCLANLEADER

Stealth hunter , yeah sorry I mean marketing began last year , infinity war was already starting the hype train before civil war even came out ,  and the venom teaser trailer was only a disappointment to some because it didn't feature venom .

Which i think was a good move by Sony not to give anything away , in a climate where trailers tell the whole plot before iv even seen it . It's a smart move.

Honestly ? This is Tom hardy , one of the most talented English actors in Hollywood , I wouldn't be writing venom off just yet , in fact I think it will be the highlight film of the year that takes everyone by surprise .

And I'm sticking to my guns so to speak , fox is not confident about this film , the signs are everywhere, I'm seeing a repeat of 2010s predators again. If you paid attention back then , the pattern is clearly in repeat .

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 01, 2018, 03:39:02 PM
You're right, the Venom movie had one of the worst trailers of any 2018 movie. Every reaction on YouTube I've watched had underwhelmed and negative things to say, I remember one guy said it was so generic it felt like it was fan made lol

Avengers Infinity War had its first trailer on Nov. 29 with a release date of April 27. That's 4 months, 30 days between.
Solo had its first trailer on Feb 4 2018 with a release date of May 25. That's 3 months, 21 days between.
Ant Man 2 had its first trailer on January 30 2018 with a release date of July 6. That's 5 months, 7 days between.
Rampage had its first trailer on November 16 with a release date of April 13. That's 4 months, 29 days between.
Skyscraper had its first trailer on February 4 with a release date of July 13. That's 5 months, 10 days between.
A Quiet Place had its first trailer on November 16 with a release date of April 6. That's 4 months, 22 days between.

The Predator has an expected trailer on about April 15 with a release date of September 14. That's 5 months and in the same ballpark of timing with all the other big movies listed above.

Thanks for putting that together! It's all common sense but I'm sure there will be people who illogically think 'The Predator' should have released a trailer in 2017 just like 'Rampage' despite the fact that 'Rampage' releases 5 months before 'The Predator'. Next thing you know you'll have to explain how time is linear :laugh:

That's five big movies including 'Venom' that didn't release a trailer last year proving the year cutoff means nothing.

Quote from: JOHN WICK on Apr 01, 2018, 05:53:55 PM
Modus operandi  FOX. Trailer 4/5 moths.
Yawp. That's a rule of thumb for many big movies lately.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Hollywood why do you always resort to snarky comments ?

azamultic

azamultic

ELDERCLANLEADER hello my friend. You used the Infinity war example, and I just wanted to say that comparing "Infinity War" with "The Predator" is a little bit off. Predator never had as huge fan base as Avenges MCU and right now not even relevant.
   Yehhh possibility of "success" of this movie right now is pretty questionable, but you and Petr always trying to pick on any news and say how much it shows that 20 century fox is not doing their job right, or how not confident they are. Even so people clearly did show you that the time for the teaser triler to be released is pretty normal compare to other movies. It just feels that any information you see, you trying to bend it to fit your case of this movie being "Not good". I am not saying that the movie is going to be good, my comment is just an observation of your's and Petr comments. No agression, no mean spirit in my comment my friend, so don't take it wrong way.     ;)   ;D

ELDERCLANLEADER

All I was trying to say is the marketing bandwagon began a lot earlier for these films , social media etc

films which by all accounts will be successful. Stop trying to deny the obvious. If fox thought the predator was going to be a sell out , marketing would be in full swing by now , Hollywood we live in something called capitalism, you have said yourself that it's a business , and like all buisinesses you have to compete , and to come out at the top of the heap you have to be aggressive . That's where marketing comes in .

The fact fox haven't been , tells me , they don't have much hope it will be successful, so they are not going to bother spending millions of dollars hyping and marketing something they think will fail . This will be a B movie . Fox are probably only bothered about breaking even at this stage , and with the sour taste of alien covenant , can we really blame them ?

azamultic

azamultic

ELDERCLANLEADER too much speculation, that's it.  :)

ELDERCLANLEADER

Azamultic , I don't want the film to fail I want the complete opposite even if I don't like it ;)

The point I'm making , is when you pay attention from the very beginning, you can see the cracks when a film is in trouble .

This is almost definitely the case , and I think fox forced Shane into reshoots so as to tone down elements they were worried we would hate .

I would of thought the guys who paid attention to 2010s predators production , would be seeing the same patterns I'm seeing , when it comes to the predator .

If I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up , but I'm 90% accurate on predicting a films success . And I think the predator is going to be a complete failure , unless fox start pushing it hard now . We as fans know the predator is coming out sure , but we are fans,  but can you honestly say joe bloggs down the road does ? Most people are aware of infinity war even if you don't like marvel . And that's exactly my point .

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Everyone who believe in any rumor about this movie should be worried, mostly fans. There is no other way how can I describe this, almost all the info about this film are bad, honestly.

ELDERCLANLEADER

And for what it's worth , if fox didn't want the backlash from fans , maybe they should be a little more sensible and less careless when it comes to leaking the entire script etc , and before you say " but you chose to read it "

I'm a fan , of course I'm going to read it . That's like putting chocolate under a 2 year olds nose and telling them not to eat it 😂

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed