A Thread For Those of Us with NO Expectations

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, May 30, 2012, 01:54:58 AM

Author
A Thread For Those of Us with NO Expectations (Read 5,626 times)

Predaker

Quote from: Ooze on First on May 30, 2012, 02:48:29 AM
If this is a refuge from all the bitching and moaning...I'm in.  8)

As far as expectations...I never really had anything specific in mind.
At this point I just expect to get what I've seen in the trailers/commercials.

I will never understand how some people can go so nuts if a movie isn't exactly how they want it...how they pictured it in their heads.

Nobody promised them anything and they act like the creators of the movie called them personally and told them what to expect...and then feel betrayed when it isn't just that.  ::)

And why in the hell does anyone want to see the freaking xenos?  :-\
I'll admit that they are my favorite movie monsters, but they've been in six damn movies already, and I'm a bit tired of them and ready for something different.

Oops...that rant kinda looks like bitching and moaning as well.  :-[
Why do people want to see xeno(s) in prometheus?
1. The first movie is named after it. This was the stuff of nightmares.
2. Easy connection to the franchise for continuity /Canon.

hfeldhaus

Ive been a longtime lurker here since AVP and from what i gathered many people here think they are owed something from the franchise purely because they are fans. A lot of people want their film to be made and its just not possible, this is Scotts vision and he created the damn series meaning he can take it in any direction he wants, we're just here for the ride.

As for the amount of bitching on the other threads, its just annoying. People who havent seen the film are drawing their own conclusions and damning the film to hell already, and all this is based off one persons opinion.

StrangeShape

Quote from: Ooze on First on May 30, 2012, 02:48:29 AM

And why in the hell does anyone want to see the freaking xenos?  :-\

Because its the first time since xenos inception when Scott is handling it. I dont need it in the movie, but I wanna see what Ridley would do with it, and more so, I wanna see a design supervised by Scott

Predaker

Quote from: hfeldhaus on May 30, 2012, 02:58:07 AM
Ive been a longtime lurker here since AVP and from what i gathered many people here think they are owed something from the franchise purely because they are fans. A lot of people want their film to be made and its just not possible, this is Scotts vision and he created the damn series meaning he can take it in any direction he wants, we're just here for the ride.

As for the amount of bitching on the other threads, its just annoying. People who havent seen the film are drawing their own conclusions and damning the film to hell already, and all this is based off one persons opinion.
Welcome to the forums (and the internet).  :)

hfeldhaus

aIv never wanted to punch my laptop screen so much, even after watching boardwalk

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I still want to see another alien movie. Be it AVP3, Alien 5 or aliens in Prometheus 2 etc. Still though, I love these types of movies and they have been far and in between. Sci-fi, outer worldly epics. Action and horror are nice touches too. Films with meaningful budgets. This to me is what Ridley is doing with Prometheus. Trying to get a franchise started. I mean lets be honest, the wizards got their harry potter, why can't we sci-fi fans get a movie franchise as well? I like space operas such as star wars regardless of how cheesy they can be. I hope Prometheus is like that but less cheesy and more serious. The alien universe has a lot of potential and material to work with.

I'm thinking they should fire Lindolf but then again I need to see the movie first. However as far as I'm concerned my real cause for concern is nevil page and carlos hunate. They have talent but it's simply not giger and since Prometheus was conceived as an alien prequel it is a let down and expectation downgrade. That being said I think the cobra dick and space Jockey are pretty good.

ATMOM should still be made though. I mean I want to see it. I love movies from mythos.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

I expect a good story with a satisfying or engaging ending. Simple really. It's got f**k all to do with ones expectations as a fan.

PROM3TH3US

PROM3TH3US

I do have some expectations.  I don't really care if it doesn't connect to Alien.  All I want is a good Sci-fi movie from Ridley Scott.  In Ridley I Trust.

jonc2006

Quote from: hfeldhaus on May 30, 2012, 02:58:07 AM

^This.^

escroto

I don't think the movie is going to be bad tbh. That just plains impossible to me.

The thing that concerns me A LOT is Lindelof's involvement, and most people who have already watched the film seem to be adressing this, my worst fear :-\

whiterabbit

Ok, just watched the making of featurette... my exceptions just went up. HAHA! It looks so awesome. Especially the now rather small xenomorph mural.

TWAK

I was hoping to find a thread of level headed people, hope this can be the one! I'm not really worried (or care) after reading the negative reviews (which are outnumbered by positive and mixed reviews btw) and for me I find enjoyment in about 85% of the movies I watch.  So come June 8th I will most likely be walking out of the theater a happy guy.

and some of the stuff I have seen on here has been just really over the top.

NGR01

NGR01

Hope you'll like it guys ;)

whiterabbit

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 08:09:33 AM
Hope you'll like it guys ;)
We're superior beings. Of course we'll like it.  :laugh:

:P

NGR01

Thats the vibe i'm getting from this thread lol

I'll say that again because i keep reading that i was in love with my theories, i had expectations blah blah...
I have seen countless movies and i've been dissapointed many times.
Not becausei made up my mind about what the movie should have been but just because the movie eneded being bad.
yeah i can be objective too.
Crazy huh.
So please stop spreading that image of me,like if you get me.
You don't know me.
Just judge for exemple the ending i told, i just stated the facts, of what happened on screen.
Then i told my feeling about that end.
Forget about my view and just see the facts.

You are just lying if you are saying you're going to see this movie with no expectation.
You already hoping to see a good movie THATis an expectation already.
None of you seem to accept the possibility that it could suck (in this case it don't).

My only expectation when i sat in the theatre was to se a good movie.
I did not have my theories or desire on my mind when the images started to flow on screen.
I was blank, ready to take in what Scott and co would give me.

I was in heaven for 70/80mins then i was dissapointed by what happened in the final act.
That is all.
It happens all the time.
To me, to you, to everyone.

That is all.

Stop twisting my word or trying to make me pass for a hater or something.
If i was such a hater would i'll be already ready to see it again this evening?

Thanks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed