Ideas about the Ending

Started by Qwertify, May 27, 2012, 09:01:35 AM

Author
Ideas about the Ending (Read 3,573 times)

Qwertify

Qwertify

Again - this was just another part of my blog. Thought I would add it here and people could contribute their own unique ideas about how it will end.

The Elders' Elder:
Our Creators/Gods worship something even higher than themselves. The kicker is these things were originally created by the Elders as servants but they eventually surpassed them and became more sophisticated in a large sense.

Gigerian Lifecycle: We were created as a stepping stone in an alien life cycle, so that that final form may be used for whatever purpose it fulfills. That is, humans were seeded on Earth long ago to give life to the next stage of an alien life. Kicker – engineers themselves were once used, so they created an alternative being in their image - humans. That was our only purpose.

Spaiht's Harvest: Alien's mind control us to harvest us as a resource – possibly a weapons resource. Kicker – our arrival lets them know we are ripe for the harvest.

Complex God: Peter Weyland seeks to gain the power of God. Kicker – he becomes drunk with power and turns against the crew and the engineers that helped him, thus making him the primary villain in the story – rather than the Engineers.

Sentinel Jockey: The outpost is merely a warning station, that either goes off on accident, or is in fact set off by the humans. Kicker – was never meant to target human life, only other alien treats, but by accident their self-defense mechanism goes after Earth.

Ubermensch Jockey:
The Engineers themselves are a stage in the development of an original race of superbeings who need to recreate themselves through sacrificial rebirth. The head in the main room represents that Super Engineer – the purest form of their race. Regular engineers produce the materials necessary in these ampoules. Kicker - the procedure is sabotaged and instead of creating the necessary life forms to allow for the next stage of developing their final form, horrific creatures are born instead, vicious killing machines.

Alien Reboot: An iteration of Alien, whereby people stumble upon alien ruins to find out an alien race has been killed off by an accident related to weapons they were making. One of these aliens infects one of the crew leading to the birth of a ferocious alien being that threatens the life of the crew. There may be more than one infection/alien, and the original alien race may not all be dead, but the plot is generally the same. Kicker – Shaw is the last one standing after a narrow escape on ship's life boat.

Like Literally Prometheus: Human's steal shit and try to take it back, pisses the Engineers off and they go out to kill all earthlings. Kicker – movie marketing for the win.   

Contagion in Space: It is wartime between the engineers and another powerful extraterrestrial force. The outpost is a lab where the virus/contagion is bred as a biological weapon. It escapes surveillance and there is an outbreak – then humans come in. The engineers were brewing this virus when it infected one of the engineers and spread. Kicker – it infects the last jockey who, being transformed into a vehicle for the virus, is brainwashed into trying to travel to Earth so that the virus can reproduce itself to greater lengths (kind of like the zombie ant that keeps walking up the stalk of a leak).

Cthulu?: The engineers are linked to a dark and incomprehensible power, and a fraction of that power latches itself onto the humans visiting and whips its dark and potently dark tentacle at humanity – threatening its destruction. Not much about this power is known at all – other than it works in ways beyond understanding and may destroy the Earth as a result of its natural mode of existence. Like a monkey visiting a military camp to find out more about itself because it believes humans are God and their creators. The monkey leads his camp to the firing range and a few go down inadvertently, but without much of an idea how or why. In the end the primate survivors venture onto a aircraft test range and are blown to bits, without the slightest human motive or acknowledgement of these monkeys. 

Anti-Prometheus: One of the original titles for the movie was 'Paradise.' The idea here is irony. Human travelers traversing a vast tract of space with expectations of meeting omnipotent and benevolent Gods wishing to welcome and enlighten their guests come to find a deserted and hellish planet and super beings with no regard or interest for their hopes or motives. Thus 'Paradise' becomes, in the reality of the movie, hell, sorrow and despair. This exact play on words may be played on Prometheus too – and so instead of a Titan coming to steal fire from the Gods, the Gods come to the humans to extinguish their flame.

Hop On: Only Shaw is left alive in the wake of devastation caused by the Engineer, their biomech technology, and human mischief. With the Engineer dead and the rest of the crew – Shaw is hopeless against a multitude of neo-Aliens. In the end, an Engineering ship like that seen on Earth in the beginning comes around and recovers Shaw. Kicker – the aliens inside the ship look different than the Engineers in the movie. They are possibly bigger and seemingly more sophisticated. In any case – there is a link between these aliens, the engineers, the human life created on Earth and what the Engineers on LV-223 were doing in the first place through something Shaw sees on the ship/planet.

Lord Freezer: An Engineer Civil War results in their near extinction (the Derelicht on LV-426 being an artifact of this). The survivors decide to sacrifice one of their own to create humans as a means to ensure their future survival, whether they themselves should be eradicated or not. Clues are left behind for this creations as to how they may reestablish contact with their creators / parents.

Aceburster: The Engineers on LV-223 have a great variety of technology - much of which is far beyond the capacity of human imagination to invent - but not so sophisticated that an Android would not be able to understand. Growing somewhat bitter by the limitations of his creators and his own emotional deficits, David decides to surpass his creators by creating a new one to replace them. That would be his dream if he did dream. Thus, with the discovery of new technology - he is now empowered to create that form - a form that may be partly a form the Engineers were creating, and a part which David feels is necessary. Kicker - in the end it is David, not the Jockeys who is able to manufacture the alien egg and facehugger / tentacle xeno monster.

mn2movies

mn2movies

2nd and 3rd theory is what i believe

Lord Freezer

Lord Freezer

engineers are nearly extinct because of a civil war (the alien on LV-426 is the result). An survived engineer 4 billion years ago is sacrificed to give us. we are his insurance policy. Primitive men on earth saw only holograms who painted in the caves

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Lord Freezer on May 27, 2012, 09:49:44 AM
engineers are nearly extinct because of a civil war (the alien on LV-426 is the result). An survived engineer 4 billion years ago is sacrificed to give us. we are his insurance policy. Primitive men on earth saw only holograms who painted in the caves

So, you mean to say that the Engineers were fighting each other and this resulted in their near extinction (the Derelicht on LV-426 being an artifact of this war). The survivors decide to sacrifice one of their own to create humans as a means to ensure their future survival, whether they themselves should be eradicated or not. Clues are left behind for this creations as to how they may reestablish contact with their creators / parents? Is that right? I will add this if that's okay.

Lord Freezer

Lord Freezer

Quote from: Qwertify on May 27, 2012, 10:00:34 AM
Quote from: Lord Freezer on May 27, 2012, 09:49:44 AM

So, you mean to say that the Engineers were fighting each other and this resulted in their near extinction (the Derelicht on LV-426 being an artifact of this war). The survivors decide to sacrifice one of their own to create humans as a means to ensure their future survival, whether they themselves should be eradicated or not. Clues are left behind for this creations as to how they may reestablish contact with their creators / parents? Is that right? I will add this if that's okay.

Yes! This is my idea... maybe at the end of the film we see the result of this war that expands the scenario ... we will see the derelict on LV-426.

JKS1

JKS1

That's right !!
In fact why bother seeing the movie at all
Simply read all the spoilers on the forum, figure out the entire plot, all the surprises too and finally the ending, saving yourself the time, money and effort of actually going to see the flic

At least I'm sure that's what everyone on here 'clever' enough to work it all out should do

::) ::) ::)

Symn

Symn

Well..  I'm hoping for a rebirth of the engineers race.

The PredBen

The PredBen

I like the Spaiht's Harvest, Complex God or the Contagion in Space theories the best. All three would make for awesome film plots.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Symn on May 27, 2012, 03:10:45 PM
Well..  I'm hoping for a rebirth of the engineers race.

Yeah, well maybe we will get that - or if not a rebirth, then maybe we will see a tertiary humanoid race, ones that better resemble what we saw on LV-426.

Quote from: The PredBen on May 27, 2012, 03:46:02 PM
I like the Spaiht's Harvest, Complex God or the Contagion in Space theories the best. All three would make for awesome film plots.

Yeah, definitely. Those are probably some of the more, plot wise, original and interesting themes that we can see in the movie. :)

Negatronix

Negatronix

Alien reboot would be my pick. However, I think during that process Ridley took the opportunity to grow his original vision to something much more dark, and relate it to ancient civilization, and our future. So.. Im hoping for none of the above, and something as alien and bizarre as the first 30 minutes of Alien. I also believe that looking at and reading Gigers Alien, and also looking at the Necronom  series of illustrations will give clues to the direction of the beings we will see..

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

QuoteLike Literally Prometheus: Human's steal shit and try to take it back, pisses the Engineers off and they go out to kill all earthlings. Kicker – movie marketing for the win.   

I strongly believe that this will end up being the plot. :p

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on May 27, 2012, 05:02:31 PM
QuoteLike Literally Prometheus: Human's steal shit and try to take it back, pisses the Engineers off and they go out to kill all earthlings. Kicker – movie marketing for the win.   

I strongly believe that this will end up being the plot. :p

That and Alien Reboot. :) We may very well have way over thought how complex this movie might be.

Ruzena

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

I guess I'll post this here rather than a new thread, as its mostly relevant.
I read in the pdf translation of that french magazine, that the jockey in the pilot chair has a sort of biomechanical "coccoon" that wraps around him, locking him into the control mechanism of that chair. So that supposedly explains why the jockey looked bigger in Alien.
   If that's not the case though, I suspect that the engineers in this film are just beings created by the actual jockeys who are indeed bigger than them. That one guy in the trailer with the black shit spreading through his veins is probably just undergoing the transformation into an engineer.(meaning he was once human)
Possibly punished by them for trying to steal their technology. Maybe the real jockeys aren't just suits, but really have exoskeletal bodies that the engineers have moulded their spacesuits after. Maybe the juggernaut is a stolen ship. Maybe they are planning to get revenge on their masters by unleashing bioweapons against them, that use their own biology against them and this is where they are hiding out and conducting such experiments, biding their time. They didn't plan on humans coming to them. (or alternately maybe they did, with the "star map". They possibly need humans for their experiments.)

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Ballzanya on May 27, 2012, 08:18:40 PM
I guess I'll post this here rather than a new thread, as its mostly relevant.
I read in the pdf translation of that french magazine, that the jockey in the pilot chair has a sort of biomechanical "coccoon" that wraps around him, locking him into the control mechanism of that chair. So that supposedly explains why the jockey looked bigger in Alien.
   If that's not the case though, I suspect that the engineers in this film are just beings created by the actual jockeys who are indeed bigger than them. That one guy in the trailer with the black shit spreading through his veins is probably just undergoing the transformation into an engineer.(meaning he was once human)
Possibly punished by them for trying to steal their technology. Maybe the real jockeys aren't just suits, but really have exoskeletal bodies that the engineers have moulded their spacesuits after. Maybe the juggernaut is a stolen ship. Maybe they are planning to get revenge on their masters by unleashing bioweapons against them, that use their own biology against them and this is where they are hiding out and conducting such experiments, biding their time. They didn't plan on humans coming to them. (or alternately maybe they did, with the "star map". They possibly need humans for their experiments.)

Engineer + Jockey Space Suit + Stapping in Mechanism + Overlying Cocoon = one big guy. I don't deny however that the original SJ was part of a different race - like the one idealized in the main room with all the ampoules.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed