Will Prometheus be rated R?

Started by botmetro, Mar 21, 2012, 09:52:29 PM

Author
Will Prometheus be rated R? (Read 6,286 times)

botmetro

botmetro

I really do hope it is because... you know..

Cvalda

Cvalda

The good news is that it's looking more and more likely that it will be. :)

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Not a chance, it's been made clear why HUNDREDS of times and it relates to a certain Directors Cut for the DVD. Someone please merge this thread where it belongs, we've not only been here before, but those of us who were paying attention knew the answer weeks ago!!

ThisBethesdaSea

Jon Spaihts recently said via twitter that he believes it will be R rated. One for us ;)

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

It should be rated R I don't see how it couldn't it looks insane

fiveways

fiveways

From the trailers it looks like it will be hard for them to get a PG-13.  I wonder if they are still editing.

Fox said they would like a PG-13.  Who knows how many cuts it will take to get a PG-13.

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

Quote from: fiveways on Mar 21, 2012, 11:16:28 PM
From the trailers it looks like it will be hard for them to get a PG-13.  I wonder if they are still editing.

Fox said they would like a PG-13.  Who knows how many cuts it will take to get a PG-13.

They should not cut any scenes I don't want to wait for DVD for the true version it should be rated R for so many reasons

SM

SM

It was awesome the last time people cried out for an R ratng...

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Queen7 on Mar 21, 2012, 11:23:53 PM

They should not cut any scenes I don't want to wait for DVD for the true version it should be rated R for so many reasons

None of us want it to be cut, it is just probably gonna be.  I don't think a "R" rated Sci-Fi flick is going to show near the profit they want out of this.  If it shows any profit at all before DVD if it is rated "R",

Fox wants a big box office showing on this one.  I figure they would be better off rating it "R" and going for the critics love and big Bluray/DVD sales instead.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: SM on Mar 21, 2012, 11:27:06 PMIt was awesome the last time people cried out for an R ratng...

It really was. Even better than the time before that. Memories...

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

Quote from: fiveways on Mar 21, 2012, 11:30:23 PM
Quote from: Queen7 on Mar 21, 2012, 11:23:53 PM

None of us want it to be cut, it is just probably gonna be.  I don't think a "R" rated Sci-Fi flick is going to show near the profit they
want out of this.  If it shows any profit at all before DVD if it is rated "R",

Fox wants a big box office showing on this one.  I figure they would be better off rating it "R" and going for the critics love and big Bluray/DVD sales instead.
[/
That's what they should do either way the movie is going to make allot of money

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

Scott has said it will be what it will be, i used to go off on one about the rating, but whatever it is 12a/pg-13 or R/15 i'll watch it and judge it in it's entirety, not just on how much blood or profanity is in it.

bobcunk

bobcunk

If its a good movie it doesn't really matter. It can still have a few f**ks and shits and a far amount of blood for a pg13 rating. If it weren't for the swearing aliens could pass as pg13 same goes for terminator 2, nether relay had r rated gore in them.

jeremy_ray

jeremy_ray

Ridley might be a heavyweight Director but money talks and Fox put in at least 150 million.  They need to get kids into theaters so they can sell toys.  I don't see an R happening for the theater cut. 

Quote from: bobcunk on Mar 22, 2012, 04:36:54 AM
If its a good movie it doesn't really matter. It can still have a few f**ks and shits and a far amount of blood for a pg13 rating. If it weren't for the swearing aliens could pass as pg13 same goes for terminator 2, nether relay had r rated gore in them.

Maybe not gore but I humbly admit Giger's Alien has given me nightmares as an adult.  The kind where you don't go back to sleep for a while.

Can't believe they made Alien toys.  Kids shouldn't know what the Alien is.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: bobcunk on Mar 22, 2012, 04:36:54 AM
If its a good movie it doesn't really matter.

You're on a slippery slope if you make a film that has needless overkill violence, but the same thing can be said if you're forcing a PG-13 tone on a very grim, sci-fi horror movie like this one in particular. In other words, a movie like Prometheus is just begging to be violent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed