would you like to see Colonial Marines back in action for alien prequel?

Started by Corporal Lewis Hicks, Jun 30, 2009, 11:16:55 PM

do you want colonal marines back for prequel?

YES!
no!
dont care!
other!
Author
would you like to see Colonial Marines back in action for alien prequel? (Read 8,446 times)

Corporal Lewis Hicks

would you like to see colonial marines in alien prequel?

let us know why you want or dont want them back

Dachande

No, Aliens is the first time they encountered the Alien, its the same issue you would have with Ripley

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

but wasnt it just that sqaud of marines first encounter? so there mite be marines or other colonist who encounterd it before ripley

Johnny Handsome

No, i don't like the Colonial Marines that much.

I think they should go for the more classic Sci-Fi, a movie that lives from it's suspense and Atmosphere, like Alien.

Aliens is a good movie, needless to say that, but i don't like the Starship Troopers vibe of it.

Dachande

Quote from: Corporal Lewis Hicks on Jun 30, 2009, 11:32:59 PM
but wasnt it just that sqaud of marines first encounter? so there mite be marines or other colonist who encounterd it before ripley

No, they made quite a big point of it being the first discovery of the things in the 1st and second movies.

SM

No.  It's been done and been done well.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

yeah your right it has been done and been done well but i thought i may as well ask the question to see what people would say

The Necronoir

The fact that Burke had to explain the situation with the USCMC working defence contracts for WY suggests that the corps we see in Aliens didn't exist 57 years before, let alone earlier than that.

SM

The USCMC was more working for the ECA rather than WY in Aliens.

Eidotemit

No with a side of absolutely not.

Da-Wolf

I would like to see CM, but them not be the focus of the movie, just as a sort of 'cameo'.

Eidotemit

Quote from: SM on Jul 01, 2009, 02:03:01 AM
The USCMC was more working for the ECA rather than WY in Aliens.

Which begs the question: Why did the Sulaco's flight recorder transmit back to WY and not to USMC or DoD?

Anyway, I wouldn't like them even in cameo capacity, I'd like to see this film stand solely on its on merit without nods to the other films.

SM

QuoteWhich begs the question: Why did the Sulaco's flight recorder transmit back to WY and not to USMC or DoD?

It transmitted back to Network - which I don't think anyone actually controls, but anyone can access, and is - IMO - the 22nd century interstellar equivalent of the internet.

Either way WY made the flight recorder.

Eidotemit

Quote from: SM on Jul 01, 2009, 03:40:39 AM
QuoteWhich begs the question: Why did the Sulaco's flight recorder transmit back to WY and not to USMC or DoD?

It transmitted back to Network - which I don't think anyone actually controls, but anyone can access, and is - IMO - the 22nd century interstellar equivalent of the internet.

Sounds fair

QuoteEither way WY made the flight recorder.

No so fair. Lockheed Martin doesn't get the flight recorder info for an F-22.

SiL

It makes sense when you consider the marines were investigating WY property. They'd need the information from the recon team for any reports or claims that would need to be made, such as insurance.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed