John Davis is out of the picture.

Started by Pvt. Hicks, Apr 28, 2009, 09:48:07 PM

Author
John Davis is out of the picture. (Read 8,713 times)

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Apr 28, 2009, 09:48:07 PM
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6790&Itemid=99

Robert Rodriguez has full control of the project. Rejoice.

Ohhhh yeah that feels so good, yummy :P

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: shakermakerman on Apr 30, 2009, 05:43:16 PM
And Predator 2 ::)
Agreed.

"So what if he produced 30 bad movies! He still produced two good ones!"

::)

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Apr 30, 2009, 11:26:10 PM
"So what if he produced 30 bad movies! He still produced two good ones!"

::)

You just hate because of AvP and AvPR. If Ridley Scott did AvPR and f**ked up you would say oh well I still love him bla bla, John Davis Produced one of the best Sci fi Movies ever So i think he deserves a little respect.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Davis is primarily the reason why the Predalien in AvP:R was so Pred-heavy. But I agree with that SiL said earlier; he's the guy who makes the Predator what it is. So w/o him, the film could suffer.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: shakermakerman on May 02, 2009, 09:23:25 AM
John Davis Produced one of the best Sci fi Movies ever So i think he deserves a little respect.
Co-produced. Most of the people attached to the movies attribute Joel Silver with whatever success they had.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 02, 2009, 03:47:51 PM
Davis is primarily the reason why the Predalien in AvP:R was so Pred-heavy. But I agree with that SiL said earlier; he's the guy who makes the Predator what it is. So w/o him, the film could suffer.

I don't want John Davis anywhere near anything that is Alien or Predator!

He can go and suck a f--kin d--k! All I want is for him to stay A-W-A-Y from this franchise.....

let my man Robert have a chance, thank you 8)

shakermakerman

Quote from: PHANTOM on May 03, 2009, 03:09:57 AM
I don't want John Davis anywhere near anything that is Alien or Predator!

He can go and suck a f--kin d--k! All I want is for him to stay A-W-A-Y from this franchise.....

let my man Robert have a chance, thank you 8)

Do you think that this will be better than the original?

SiL

SiL

When the movie sucks balls, Phantom will be telling Rodriguez to go suck a f**king dick, and everyone else will just laugh.

shakermakerman

:D yep

skull-splitter

Quote from: Kaworu on Apr 28, 2009, 09:52:20 PM
Thank god  ;D!

Second that. John Davis single handily near killed all potential with AvP and AvP-R...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on May 03, 2009, 08:45:52 AM
When the movie sucks balls, Phantom will be telling Rodriguez to go suck a f**king dick, and everyone else will just laugh.

And that his childhood has been effectively detroyed completely.

shakermakerman

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 03, 2009, 02:31:20 PM
Second that. John Davis single handily near killed all potential with AvP and AvP-R...

But helped create Predator  :-X

Bishop2

Bishop2

So wait... if Fox can remove John Davis from this franchise at any time... why didn't they just remove him and then finally make an AVP movie set in the future in space/on an alien world, since it was always Davis who insisted they had to take place on modern-day Earth? 

skull-splitter

Quote from: shakermakerman on May 04, 2009, 03:46:44 PM
But helped create Predator  :-X

He helped the film. Creation of the creature and his mythos is in the hands of the director, the SFX guru and due to Arnold knowing Stan.

Davis will sell movies that make money, no matter how shitty the plot actually is. Face it, Predator was a B movie with an A-class monster in it, and by no means a high standard plot to speak of.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Predator was an A-movie, what are you on about? It has B-movie vibes, but almost everything about it is A-list.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed