Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 125,800 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Either that or Furiosa, I'd imagine. I'm thinking more likely Furiosa.

BigDaddyJohn

That would be neat.

Nightmare Asylum

Oh, speaking of trailers, I FINALLY got to see the Romulus trailer on the big screen yesterday. It was the last one that played before Alien.

It was the green band version, with the darkened blood and the Romulus door instead of the Facehugger removal.

Scott Conover

Quote from: cockroach on Apr 28, 2024, 10:10:54 AMDo we think the next trailer will be attached to kingdom of the apes?

my guess is june tbh

BlueMarsalis79

It will likely be attached to the next R rated film by 20th Century Studios sometime in June.

So... Deadpool & Wolverine

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

I wonder if the reason they aren't using the red band trailer, even for rated R movies, is because the red band doesn't have the TCS and Scott Free logos before it and the green band does.

hamilton_milo

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 28, 2024, 03:01:56 PMIt will likely be attached to the next R rated film by 20th Century Studios sometime in June.

So... Deadpool & Wolverine

I was thinking that myself, but Deadpool and Wolverine comes out late July, about a few weeks before Alien Romulus releases. So with that being said, I think it'll debut sometime in May or June - late July seems too late.

We had that Twitter rumour recently suggesting Romulus footage would be included before Apes.

razeak

razeak

Quote from: Griffith on Apr 27, 2024, 06:47:12 AM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 27, 2024, 06:34:29 AMThey've replaced them with spikes on the finger pads.

So for what I've been reading these Xenos are not pure Xenos from a certain point of view since they were breed from Big Chaps DNA. Therefore Facehuggers and Xenos will be different?

Edit1: I mean I don't want to sound like a purist but I would love to have original deisgns such as Big Chap and facehuggers, I understand that a new movie demands new merchandise for marketing purposes so variants and modifications are needed I just wish that they would have keep or stayed to true to the originals.

I very much prefer the nails. If I were to guess, they probably discussed WHY it seems so difficult to remove one, and honestly that's fair....mostly.  If you had a couple of people to grab fingers and uncoil the tail, it shouldn't be too difficult. Assuming it's weight to strength ratio is similar to most Earth creatures.

They probably thought of a way to better explain how they are hard to get off.

I always preferred the idea that facehuggers are inordinately strong for their size beyond the realm of human understanding.  The idea of tearing the face off is pretty awesome though, and I imagine we will see that. I would have thrown a barbed schlong in for good measure.

Visually, the nails are awesome.

I imagine with Marichek, the colonists said f**k it and just yanked it off hoping to at least keep another one from being born and got fantastically gory results.

Hmmm......a prequel project suddenly doesn't sound so bad for Hadley's Hope, at least visually.

solace97

solace97

An appreciation post to this development. Thank you for not dropping an official trailer yet and still keeping things mostly under wrap. I'm actually amazed about how little we know about the film. I feel like this far out I usually know every little detail. I think something good is in the making . And hopefully the official trailer doesn't show anything important

BigDaddyJohn

I fear the official trailer's gonna go crazy and show a lot.

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 28, 2024, 06:46:56 PMI fear the official trailer's gonna go crazy and show a lot.

Seems like Fede is doing everything in his power to not overexpose the film, based on what he has said in the interviews. I remember the covenant footage with the backburster that was able to find online many weeks before the film's release and how I really, really would of rather experienced that first in theatres. Seeing as how I can't hold back from viewing and over-analyzing every morsel of Romulus footage that finds its way to the net, I hope he is successful in protecting us from ourselves.

BigDaddyJohn

Backburster shouldn't have been showed in a trailer, that was something new and nasty that I would have prefered discovering in theaters.

Scott Conover

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 28, 2024, 08:07:20 PMBackburster shouldn't have been showed in a trailer, that was something new and nasty that I would have prefered discovering in theaters.

Even worse - they showed the whole sequence. Insane marketing choice. Imagine if in 79 they just released the chestburster scene or the Dallas vent scene weeks before the movie came out.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 28, 2024, 06:46:56 PMI fear the official trailer's gonna go crazy and show a lot.
I'll probably give it a miss and just wait for the movie.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Scott Conover on Apr 29, 2024, 02:48:03 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 28, 2024, 08:07:20 PMBackburster shouldn't have been showed in a trailer, that was something new and nasty that I would have prefered discovering in theaters.

Even worse - they showed the whole sequence. Insane marketing choice. Imagine if in 79 they just released the chestburster scene or the Dallas vent scene weeks before the movie came out.

I guess they tried to show they had something new and more brutal as a marketing point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed