Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce

Started by MudButt, Feb 09, 2024, 06:03:51 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce (Read 29,289 times)

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 09, 2024, 07:58:52 PMPast, future, whatever. All are totally viable, in my book. I just want to see different settings/genres explored. For me, the whole appeal of Predator as an ongoing franchise is taking a movie genre and dropping a Predator into it. Predator, Predator 2, and Prey got this, and that's exactly what I'm looking forward to now with Badlands.
Seeing how Carl recently passed away, my hope is to have Arnold reprise his role in a Dutch 2025 Predator Hunter story before it's too late. That and old King Conan film!

Badlands is such a good title, I keep thinking of the Australian outback or the Badlands here in the states. Could be anything else too.  Just never thought to see the day that we are getting two Predator films. Here I was thinking that it was all just Alien handies. Hope we can get a great game from it too, PCJ had something special and should be followed suit.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 09, 2024, 08:09:06 PMAustralian outback

Further fueling my desire for a Mad Max-esque Wasteland setting for Badlands. :laugh: Could do it on Earth, could do it on another planet. Whatever works!

Stop

2 bad news these past days.  The death of the great Carl weathers.  And ; a new " predator "  " movie " from Dan trachtenberg
Very sad

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 09, 2024, 08:12:54 PM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 09, 2024, 08:09:06 PMAustralian outback

Further fueling my desire for a Mad Max-esque Wasteland setting for Badlands. :laugh: Could do it on Earth, could do it on another planet. Whatever works!
Just imagine the soundtrack. Fury Road's was amazing and Prey's did a remarkable job too. Wonder if a collab between both composers is possible.

Corporal Hicks

kwisatz

Quote from: Stop on Feb 09, 2024, 08:13:56 PM2 bad news these past days.  The death of the great Carl weathers.  And ; a new " predator "  " movie " from Dan trachtenberg
Very sad

You came up with that yourself?

Damn. A new Alien-film, Alien-series and at least 2 new Predator movies...
Great times to be an Alien and Predator fan.

yuppy

Immortan Jonesy

[cancerblack]

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 09, 2024, 08:41:21 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 09, 2024, 08:20:18 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eziHVj3Aeq8

Yeah, I wonder how far into the future... is there going to be something cyberpunk?

I genuinely think that, unless it's a Predator 2 "15 minutes into the future"-type setting, they'll be missing a trick if they don't at least leave it open to the *possibility* of fitting in with the Alien universe, if not just outright unambiguously being set in it.

I know there are people who are dead-set in keeping them separate, but frankly, that ship sailed back in 1989/90. They just work too damn well together, to say nothing of all the literal movies, games, comics and overt references we've had over the years of them being linked. At this point the biggest mistake a "far future" kinda setting for something like this could make would be to make it impossible for said setting to be reconciled with the Alien universe.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Kailem on Feb 09, 2024, 08:49:49 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 09, 2024, 08:20:18 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eziHVj3Aeq8

Yeah, I wonder how far into the future... is there going to be something cyberpunk?

I genuinely think that, unless it's a Predator 2 "15 minutes into the future"-type setting, they'll be missing a trick if they don't at least leave it open to the *possibility* of fitting in with the Alien universe, if not just outright unambiguously being set in it.

I know there are people who are dead-set in keeping them separate, but frankly, that ship sailed back in 1989/90. They just work too damn well together, to say nothing of all the literal movies, games, comics and overt references we've had over the years of them being linked. At this point the biggest mistake a "far future" kinda setting for something like this could make would be to make it impossible for said setting to be reconciled with the Alien universe.
Idk how people think that's hard to make too. Events of pre-Prometheus Alien films and Predator films happen in AVP but AVP doesn't happen in Alien series. Think how Marvel does it with Spiderman for example, its not that hard.

Corporal Hicks

Kailem

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 09, 2024, 08:55:52 PM
Quote from: Kailem on Feb 09, 2024, 08:49:49 PM

Idk how people think that's hard to make too. Events of pre-Prometheus Alien films and Predator films happen in AVP but AVP doesn't happen in Alien series. Think how Marvel does it with Spiderman for example, its not that hard.

I don't even know why people would want it to still be separate like that. Just have them all take place in the same universe, as they have in countless games, comics and multiple movies already. Simple.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kailem on Feb 09, 2024, 08:58:38 PMI don't even know why people would want it to still be separate like that. Just have them all take place in the same universe, as they have in countless games, comics and multiple movies already. Simple.

Probably because of how f**king dogshit the AvP films were.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed