Predator 2 re release

Started by ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR, Nov 27, 2023, 04:35:23 AM

Author
Predator 2 re release (Read 1,996 times)

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Stephen Hopkins said 3 years ago for Predator 2 that it was going to get re released in theaters. Was this suppose to be just a 4K and if so is that the 4K that we got in that Predator box set released recently. Also I thought if the film got re released, it would be the uncut version

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

i wish it would get a separate 4K release, same for the others honestly.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Same, I would really love to see it's own 4K special edition release.
Maybe a cool steelbook or some kind of special treatment like what you'd get from a Arrow or Shout Factory release.
Would also love to see the same for the other films too, of course. 

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

A series of releases from Arrow would be fantastic

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I would adore that.

Yautja888

Yautja888

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on Nov 27, 2023, 04:35:23 AMStephen Hopkins said 3 years ago for Predator 2 that it was going to get re released in theaters. Was this suppose to be just a 4K and if so is that the 4K that we got in that Predator box set released recently. Also I thought if the film got re released, it would be the uncut version

In 70mm, Peter Levy told me it was not uncut.

Highland

Highland

I watched Prey with my Son and the next night we watched Predator 2. Seeing his reaction to the gun was priceless, because he experienced it the other way around to all of us. His face was like "the gun!" ha ha

Greyback

Greyback

I would be delighted if a directors cut of Predator 2 were finally released. 

I once heard that not only violence but also plot scenes were removed back then. Does anyone here know more about this?

The question would also be whether the material is still archived somewhere or has been lost, as was the case with Event Horizon.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I just had a quick flick through our interview with Stephen Hopkins but I'm sure he said there was no significant deleted scenes. Have a read/listen when you get chance, it was a really good chat.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/stephen-hopkins/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed