Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 681,471 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I would have loved if Anderson asked himself those questions. Watching the movie it seems he didn't.

Let's not talk about the brothers Strause.

Huntsman

Huntsman

What were the people who voted Requiem smoking?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Huntsman on Aug 12, 2022, 05:37:53 AMWhat were the people who voted Requiem smoking?

Really good weed, but that's beside the point. It's shit, but it's shit in an almost charmingly "bad 80's movie" way. It's obnoxiously, hilariously shit. AvP is just exhaustingly, mind numbingly mediocre in every respect.

Ibbey89

Ibbey89

I rewatched avp last night, its a summer blockbuster, its got some wooden acting an hammy dialogue in places but does have a solid cast and effects, if anything the film could of benefitted from an addition 20 minutes to flesh out the characters, would've been more idyllic to have a future setting like the avp dark horse series but not terrible for what we got, the bulky predator designs I was never a fan of and Paul W.S Anderson obsession with using computer maps to transmission scenes was clearly a hangover from his first resident evil film, as well as Colin Salmon getting cubed, its not the worst but could've and should've been so much more, to think this won out over the alluded Scott and Cameron collaboration screams studio penny pinchers to me.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 12, 2022, 09:41:31 AMReally good weed, but that's beside the point. It's shit, but it's shit in an almost charmingly "bad 80's movie" way.

I think you're doing bad 80s movies a huge disservice here

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

You clearly haven't watched enough of the really bad ones then.

Kradan

Kradan

And you ?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

He has, can confirm.

Kradan

Kradan

"It's  just like a bad 80s movie" still sounds as a very questionable praise :P

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah, Kradan should watch the Critters franchise. The first one's alright for what it is, but the other two, jesus.

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 14, 2022, 08:39:57 PM"It's  just like a bad 80s movie" still sounds as a very questionable praise :P

They're comfy.

Kradan

Kradan

From what I know, Critters are poor man's Gremlins and I wasn't crazy about Gremlins to begin with

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It includes a rapidly breeding alien infestation in a small town, and deeply incompetent space bounty hunters trying to wipe them out. So you can see why comparisons are made.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Huntsman on Aug 12, 2022, 05:37:53 AMWhat were the people who voted Requiem smoking?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

You want some ganja man?

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Ganja lets you see "the other side."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed