New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website

Started by Blacklabel, Mar 17, 2012, 03:58:16 AM

Author
New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website (Read 96,205 times)

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Master on Mar 17, 2012, 02:19:23 PM
Every thing looks great so far for me. About Jockey arm not being long enough, I think he is pushing some buttons

His arm is bent cause he`s pushing something, and the perspective makes it too short.

Still doesn't solve the issue with the head and shoulder's size. Look at where they should be. 

I'm not worried though. Like another member said, the released still had properly sized jockeys. And it could be a suit that grows, and maybe transforms into what we see in the 1979 film.

deepelemblues

Quote from: Kol on Mar 17, 2012, 02:24:53 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 17, 2012, 11:06:37 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 17, 2012, 10:56:52 AM
Very impressed with what we're seeing so far. For some reason, I don't think the Jockey is an actual Engineer but one of our guys in their suits or mutated or something.

Hopefully THIS ^

hopefully?  ??? i will be disappointed if it turns out, that all the jockeys that appear in the movie, will be mutated crewmember/human.

and if the "real" jockey turns out to be this serpent/goa'uld ...

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 17, 2012, 11:27:49 AM

There is something crawling under the "skin" of this Biomechanical being.

then i'm out.

If the snake-thing is the proto-xenomorph, then I think Ridley is just showing how the SJ in the derelict from Alien was implanted by the xenomorphs. Not necessarily the same SJ... just because there's a lot of very passionate opinions held here that the planet is not LV-426, that the derelict is not THE derelict, etc. Don't want to get into that argument again.

Or perhaps it's the Crazy Zombie Mutant, after the Prometheus crew (what's left of them) escapes, he's wandering around the "temple" and meets a certain snakey-thing...

Ra3D

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Ra3D on Mar 17, 2012, 02:36:24 PM
Jockey

Thanks! I like how organic the suit is looking.

EDIT: Now the image hosting is disabled...

Space Sweeper

Image hosting is disabled. :\

fakk3

I think that space jockey in prometheus is only "half of this species". I mean that crew of prometheus took over some technology from them (biomechanical suit) and creature from last seconds of trailer is a human in space jockey suit. It has sense because this creature is too emaciated or feminine for original space jockey. And in this last scene is clear to see that suit "grows" on someone.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

While I agree the Jockey in the new trailer does look "nerfed", I'm also inclined to go with the idea the suit possibly adjusts itself to the wearer. As you'll see by the comparison below, the Jockeys 'lower arm' appears too short in the new trailer, yet an earlier image featuring Rapace (right, just out of shot below) shows the arm length to be just about right. As most tend to agree, the chair looks different to that in ALIEN but about the right size, yet the blue suited Space Jockey from the teaser looks too small for it, so maybe he isn't the REAL jockey but simply a human mutation of them. Could the Jockeys even be behind the whole thing, still to reveal themselves, while controlling our demise from a safe distance, or as I now suspect, did they leave the scene long ago, and what we're seeing is a repetition of what happened to them, hence the tag-line "The search for our beginning could lead to our end"!!

slurp

With the money behind this and the talent involved - that Jockey looks exactly how they want it to for this film.  The truth is - nobody knows a damn thing about any of it, really. That's what makes it fun.

Kol

Quote from: deepelemblues on Mar 17, 2012, 02:31:16 PM
Quote from: Kol on Mar 17, 2012, 02:24:53 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 17, 2012, 11:06:37 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 17, 2012, 10:56:52 AM
Very impressed with what we're seeing so far. For some reason, I don't think the Jockey is an actual Engineer but one of our guys in their suits or mutated or something.

Hopefully THIS ^

hopefully?  ??? i will be disappointed if it turns out, that all the jockeys that appear in the movie, will be mutated crewmember/human.

and if the "real" jockey turns out to be this serpent/goa'uld ...

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 17, 2012, 11:27:49 AM

There is something crawling under the "skin" of this Biomechanical being.

then i'm out.

If the snake-thing is the proto-xenomorph, then I think Ridley is just showing how the SJ in the derelict from Alien was implanted by the xenomorphs. Not necessarily the same SJ... just because there's a lot of very passionate opinions held here that the planet is not LV-426, that the derelict is not THE derelict, etc. Don't want to get into that argument again.

Or perhaps it's the Crazy Zombie Mutant, after the Prometheus crew (what's left of them) escapes, he's wandering around the "temple" and meets a certain snakey-thing...

i did not mention any proto-xenos  ??? so what you're talking bout? i just hope the space jockey's aren't just some mutated crew members. i mean, that the jockey's are these serpents and need a host to survive; sounds so underwhelming. but i think i'm wrong, so wrong. and as i said before: if it were possible i would have sex with this trailer.

Ned Stark

I'm pleased. Cannot wait to see more.

Lord Freezer

Quote from: Master on Mar 17, 2012, 02:19:23 PM
His arm is bent cause he`s pushing something, and the perspective makes it too short.

yes, it is so.

Effectz

His arms only look small because the suit is in a state of motion,not finished binding to whatever is wearing it,something is coming out of the suit,or sitting into it.

EEV-2501

The Jockey looks smaller in this shot but still big compared to humans.

Eva

I think I just noticed something new - remember our first glimpe of the jockey chair in the first trailer. Take a closer look:

See that part on the top - that's not part of the 'classic' chair design (newest image inserted in right top corner)?

Doens't that look like the top part of the jockey helmet including the eye socket (minus a couple of details, but we've seen the suit adapts in realtime) just turned upwards, like a 'visor'?

Now I do think that that exact suit could indeed be part of the chair itself and the engineer becomes essentially part of the ship when sitting in the chair.

What do you guys think - am I seeing things?  :laugh:

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Eva on Mar 17, 2012, 03:06:42 PM

Now I do think that that exact suit could indeed be part of the chair itself and the engineer becomes essentially part of the ship when sitting in the chair.

What do you guys think - am I seeing things?  :laugh:

Well, at least the suit seems to be part of the chair and indeed part of the ship

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed