The wall of shame.

Started by Xhan, Feb 27, 2010, 05:52:42 AM

Author
The wall of shame. (Read 46,089 times)

Adey

Adey

agreed mate i use weapons that keep me safe and i never recharge as that usually means death, so i wait till i die as it recharges you anyway. Here is the way i play: First i use blades till i get the caster then i use caster while making my way to the disc (got to have a backup weapon) then i use blades if its 1 on 1 in a tight space, i have survived a melee fight when i have been outnumbered as whilst i was hitting 1 the other was trying to grab me from behind and he couldn't cos i was circling his friend but usually melee means suicide cos even when you kill your target someone else kills you from behind. Also how can anyone complain about heavy spammers? at the end of the day its a valid melee move just run up to them and light attack em to stun em then kill em, simple. BTW i play pred mostly but i dont camp i run around endlessly but that said there is nothin wrong with camping thats what they do in movies, camp and assess the situation and act accordingly. The only thing that i hate is the bunny hopping

brennan4

brennan4

The only cheap thing to do as a pred is team up, as they are then impossible to beat. My weapon choice is ona situational basis, normally the number of aliens corresponds to whether or not I nuke with the caster.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Quote from: brennan4 on Aug 24, 2010, 12:47:02 AM
The only cheap thing to do as a pred is team up
or spam the plasma, or spam the throwing disk, or heavy spam, or continuously circle you to try and grab you...

Adey

Adey

agree with circle and grab and teaming up being unfair and noobish but everything else is rediculous, the weapons are mostly 1 hit kill but are easily dodge-able and slow as toast, just jump to the side when they aim at you then pounce and heavy few times or jump and aim for the head if your a marine. My mate plays as marine and uses this tactic to kill preds as do i and it's quite successfull, it annoys me to no end when i see people being fired at or firing at someone themselves and just standing in one spot or strafing really slowly, jump to the side as it makes you harder to hit, and my mate pawns preds in melee with the double shotty blast very successful at takin out pouncing preds, but no bunny hopping in melee thats just wrong thats why they stopped it for pc. Spamming of any type is perfectly ok as long as its not grab or bunny hopping, the idea of any game is to win anyway you can just adapt the way you play to each situation. adapt and overcome guys, adapt and overcome.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

I only have a problem with Plasma Spammer in one on one when I am an Alien. Just seems pointless and gives me no chance, but as soon as I go one on one using the marine... They ragequit because I blow their brains out :). When faced with an impossible challenge, you have too adapt and turn the enemies tactics against them.

Lie

Lie

Alright Plasma Caster can be easy to get around but you have to see it coming, once the shot is fired you can move out of the way if your at a good distance. But if your moving in a direction before the shot is fired and you keep heading in that direction you will get hit by it because it judges where you will end up e.g. As Marine you can just start walking one way and when its shot at you just start moving the other way but if you don't move far enough you will get knock down, once you get knock down your as good as dead but I'm sure you know that by now  :D . Best thing you can do as Alien is move behind something, end of the day its the Plasma Caster it's meant to kill you and it does it's job very well.

Just a little something to help you get by spammers.  ;)

newbeing

newbeing

yeah the circling e spamming is probably the biggest annoying for me, and have seen many high ranking alien and predator users use it fairly often. I won't lie, when the opportunity presents itself I'll use the e button, but I won't use it as my go to tactic to raise my kill #'s. Just doesn't seem like a very fun way of playing if you ask me.

Oplurus

Oplurus

yea...so today i was on a mixed species team DM. and it was already 2 vs 3 and my teammate left...since it's so hard to find ranked matches i decided to stay and try to get a few kills (the other team was a higher ranked marine, alien and predator...so i felt i was *bleeped*) i did pretty well getting 11 kills while they only had a total of 20. the thing that annoyed me is they would have had much fewer kills if it wasn't for this annoying predator!!! he spammed the P.caster it was soooo annoying!! he never used his blades even up close when i was killing him with a heavy attack he was still trying to aim at me with his caster O_o

anyway his name on PSN is saschasaw and he has a mic (very annoying voice...i think like 10 years old) and he's one of those people i see sometimes online that make me want to ragequit...:(

Adey

Adey

i played him also he kept firing canon in melee so i jumped to the side to dodge then pounced and heavied him to death, it was death match so i could hear him abusing me the whole game calling me a hacker and a turbo pad cheat lol. I didn't care that he was spamming as i do it a lot also but he was such a hippacrit, he did nothing but use canon in our first two games and when i used it in our third he said i had no skill without it, yet i persecuted him 3 times in a row with only melee and disc in our first game lol. I hate little kids on this game no wonder it's an eighteen just a shame their parents buy it for em.

Oplurus

Oplurus

kleinermax11. leaves the game 30secs before the end...wich disconnects us all because he's the host. PS3

he did that two times...i had MONSTER SCORES in those matches..gahh...i shoulda been a lvl16 by now but i'm still 100XP short because of that *bleep*

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

I personally just blast this through the mic to see how little kids react

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnhF1QAEZjU

brennan4

brennan4

Quote from: Oplurus on Aug 25, 2010, 03:36:40 PM
kleinermax11. leaves the game 30secs before the end...wich disconnects us all because he's the host. PS3

he did that two times...i had MONSTER SCORES in those matches..gahh...i shoulda been a lvl16 by now but i'm still 100XP short because of that *bleep*
It actually saves your xp when the host quits and doesn't tell you.

Oplurus

Oplurus

^what? no that can't be ! my exp didn't change and i leave the lobby after each ranked match so everything gets save :/

played some really nice matches today, lots of fun guys :)

also, RESPECT for fresh-max and mrnuts- for being two level 5 predators and not refusing to give up against a lvl 15 and 30 predator despite losing the match, nice! :)

Grey_Yautja

Grey_Yautja

Quote from: Oplurus on Aug 26, 2010, 09:09:55 AMalso, RESPECT for fresh-max and mrnuts- for being two level 5 predators and not refusing to give up against a lvl 15 and 30 predator despite losing the match, nice! :)

Well, here's someone I'd like to see an play with.... Hey wait a sec, what platform do you use?

Oplurus

Oplurus

i'm on the ps3 :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed