News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 567,148 times)

juxtapose

. .i am glad it's mostly just imdb. . Scified seems mostly positive and i saw the comment section for bloody disgusting and they also pretty much positive. . .imdb is troll paradise. . .and they literally feed of each others negativity. .

fiveways

Quote from: Fire Marshall Bill on Dec 29, 2016, 12:43:21 AM
Looked on IMDb for their reactions or feelings towards the trailer....let's just say it's hard to find anything better good on there. I ask to myself, what do these people want from an alien film? The answer is everyone wants different things. Which means you can't satisfy everyone. I get the trailer wasn't perfect but in all honesty, I liked it a lot and I cannot understand the anger from a lot of these people. The folks who hated Prometheus find something wrong with it. The people who wanted to continue with Prometheus themes and distance itself away from alien are upset as well. The majority everywhere else I go seems to have loved the trailer. So is it just that website, or what is it? I'm curious to what people think these people really wanted from this movie and why the 2 minutes plus they saw of a trailer makes them hate the movie already. I honestly think it looks way better than any alien film other than the first two.

Different expectations, some people wanted more of a slow burn trailer.  Myself, I hate the inclusion of the shower scene.  I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say maybe it will work in the context of the movie, but in the trailer it added an overall cheapness to it.  It basically said "HEY WE ARE A SLASHER MOVIE WITH TITS!  YOU LIKE BLOOD AND TITS RIGHT?!"

That insults me, as I try to think of this series, or at least Scott and Cameron's contributions being a touch above that level.  Someone at Fox approved that way of thinking, and that shows exactly what they think of the fanbase for these movies; gore hounds that like boobs.  Don't get me wrong my movie collection has it's fair share of boobs and blood in it, just they all happen to be crappy movies I love by directors who on paper, are way below Scott's pay grade.

What I wanted was a few things.  I wanted a combination of prometheus and alien.  I wanted the story that takes place between Prometheus and this movie.  I didn't want David to become the focus, I liked his character but I think by the end of this I will be tired of him in the role of the villain.  I guess I wanted more Prometheus with Alien elements, not another Alien film.  I can see why Ridley said the big guy was tired during Prometheus, because when I saw it this time around I rolled my eye the way people roll their eyes at Jason.  A character that was kinda interesting that has been ruined by people going to the well over and over again.

There is also the let down when comparing it to the first Prometheus trailers.  This looks far more typical in comparison. 

MajorB

The shower scene, at least as we see it in the trailer, isn't really filmed in a titillating way. It's dingy with far more emphasis on the grungy texture of the room and falling water along with, of course, the ominous darkness.

Plus that blood splatter is actually pretty awesome.

Corporal Hicks

Remember that the trailer editing is going to butcher any particular scene. We are not seeing anything represented in its full or final form. That's also likely to be the same for any preview scene.

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 29, 2016, 08:07:35 AM
Remember that the trailer editing is going to butcher any particular scene. We are not seeing anything represented in its full or final form. That's also likely to be the same for any preview scene.

This.

Fire Marshall Bill

Quote from: fiveways on Dec 29, 2016, 07:13:40 AM
Looked on IMDb for their reactions or feelings towards the trailer....let's just say it's hard to find anything better good on there. I ask to myself, what do these people want from an alien film? The answer is everyone wants different things. Which means you can't satisfy everyone. I get the trailer wasn't perfect but in all honesty, I liked it a lot and I cannot understand the anger from a lot of these people. The folks who hated Prometheus find something wrong with it. The people who wanted to continue with Prometheus themes and distance itself away from alien are upset as well. The majority everywhere else I go seems to have loved the trailer. So is it just that website, or what is it? I'm curious to what people think these people really wanted from this movie and why the 2 minutes plus they saw of a trailer makes them hate the movie already. I honestly think it looks way better than any alien film other than the first two.

Different expectations, some people wanted more of a slow burn trailer.  Myself, I hate the inclusion of the shower scene.  I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say maybe it will work in the context of the movie, but in the trailer it added an overall cheapness to it.  It basically said "HEY WE ARE A SLASHER MOVIE WITH TITS!  YOU LIKE BLOOD AND TITS RIGHT?!"

That insults me, as I try to think of this series, or at least Scott and Cameron's contributions being a touch above that level.  Someone at Fox approved that way of thinking, and that shows exactly what they think of the fanbase for these movies; gore hounds that like boobs.  Don't get me wrong my movie collection has it's fair share of boobs and blood in it, just they all happen to be crappy movies I love by directors who on paper, are way below Scott's pay grade.

What I wanted was a few things.  I wanted a combination of prometheus and alien.  I wanted the story that takes place between Prometheus and this movie.  I didn't want David to become the focus, I liked his character but I think by the end of this I will be tired of him in the role of the villain.  I guess I wanted more Prometheus with Alien elements, not another Alien film.  I can see why Ridley said the big guy was tired during Prometheus, because when I saw it this time around I rolled my eye the way people roll their eyes at Jason.  A character that was kinda interesting that has been ruined by people going to the well over and over again.

There is also the let down when comparing it to the first Prometheus trailers.  This looks far more typical in comparison.
I mean the movie is called "alien" covenant, so how did you not prepare yourself for seeing the alien?  The complaints of Prometheus not being a real alien movie were heard and he gave the masses what they thought they wanted. If you view the fan made trailer someone posted on here, you can see the movie looks great, the trailer should have just withheld a few key shots including shower scene. But so what it has a shower scene...it didn't take away from the rest of what you saw or the questions you still have that the movie will answer. I think some people are pessimistic. I also think a lot of people wanted perfection, thing is all the people who take the time to post on here or anywhere else about how "bad" this looks will be in line opening. Weekend to watch it still. People complain to complain.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Stolen on Dec 28, 2016, 10:05:45 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 28, 2016, 08:56:03 PM
How do these figures compare to that of Prometheus after it's first teaser trailer?

It's much better. However, it was not the same period. Youtube was much less popular in 2011-2012. The teaser had done in 8-9millions of views in a few weeks. Then it progressed more slowly (18M now). The trailer had made 6 millions in a few days.

The stats of Covenant are very good (25M in 4 days), but not exceptional either.
In 20 days, Spiderman has made more than 70M views (YT + Facebook). Same for Guardians.
According to Deadline, Transformers exceeded 100M views.

Still pretty impressive compared to Prometheus even allowing for the increase in YouTube's popularity.

426Buddy

its sad that 100 million people decided they wanted to watch a Transformers trailer, those movies are just soooo terrible.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Shit, I don't think I've ever seen a Transformers trailer before, much less an actual Transformers movie!  :laugh:

DorkiDori

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 29, 2016, 04:26:01 PM
its sad that 100 million people decided they wanted to watch a Transformers trailer, those movies are just soooo terrible.

they just are...

fiveways

Quote from: Fire Marshall Bill on Dec 29, 2016, 03:49:50 PM

I mean the movie is called "alien" covenant, so how did you not prepare yourself for seeing the alien?  The complaints of Prometheus not being a real alien movie were heard and he gave the masses what they thought they wanted. If you view the fan made trailer someone posted on here, you can see the movie looks great, the trailer should have just withheld a few key shots including shower scene. But so what it has a shower scene...it didn't take away from the rest of what you saw or the questions you still have that the movie will answer. I think some people are pessimistic. I also think a lot of people wanted perfection, thing is all the people who take the time to post on here or anywhere else about how "bad" this looks will be in line opening. Weekend to watch it still. People complain to complain.

I'm incredibly pessimistic.  I don't hide it, I see zero point.  Optimism creeps me out.  I could toss back 'lots of people in this site convincing themselves it looks like a good movie", because there are a lot of post which seem like people talking themselves into liking the trailer.

A trailer is your first line on selling a film, and it is supposed to set the tone for the movie (or else you are lying in a trailer and covering something up).  If this is the tone they are going for, I am not interested. 

It took away from me because it feels out of a Friday the 13th film.  Maybe you like that dreck, in which case cool go fourth and thrash.  I love horror movies and still hate that shit with a burning passion.

I'll go see it second week after lines have died down.  No need to rush at this point.  Maybe the second trailer will change my mind, but first impressions and all that jazz.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: fiveways on Dec 29, 2016, 05:43:27 PM
Quote from: Fire Marshall Bill on Dec 29, 2016, 03:49:50 PM

I'm incredibly pessimistic.  I don't hide it, I see zero point.  Optimism creeps me out.  I could toss back 'lots of people in this site convincing themselves it looks like a good movie", because there are a lot of post which seem like people talking themselves into liking the trailer.

A trailer is your first line on selling a film, and it is supposed to set the tone for the movie (or else you are lying in a trailer and covering something up).  If this is the tone they are going for, I am not interested. 

It took away from me because it feels out of a Friday the 13th film.  Maybe you like that dreck, in which case cool go fourth and thrash.  I love horror movies and still hate that shit with a burning passion.

I'll go see it second week after lines have died down.  No need to rush at this point.  Maybe the second trailer will change my mind, but first impressions and all that jazz.

And the basis for your hate is on a 2 minute trailer??

426Buddy

I can understand people not liking the trailer or the look of the film, but to then tell other people they are just trying to convince themselves it looks good is petty, its how you know people are taking this trailer way way too seriously.

I thought the trailer looked great, on first viewing and on the last. I didn't have to convince myself of anything (love it or hate it I suspect no one else did either) lol.

locusta

I actually don´t wanna know any more until starting day. See u in May. Cherioooooo!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed