Next AVP game

Started by AliPred, Feb 21, 2016, 05:35:23 PM

Author
Next AVP game (Read 5,616 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not familiar with them. Have they done anything of note?

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2016, 09:13:14 AM
Metro 2033/Last Light, fantastic atmosphere and very claustrophobic environments.

Spooky799kil

Spooky799kil

I know already posted my thoughts on this thread but one idea I wanted to add. Have any of you here ever played Natural Selection 2? That game is a blast. Its Marines Vs. Aliens in RTS FPS style team play. Everything in that game though could be applied to Aliens. The Alien faction can litterially be replaced by aliens and the marines can be replaced by Colonial marines. The marines even have Exosuits, sentry guns and all other stuff that most marines use in science fiction.

What I am trying to get at is that they should make an Aliens game or even an AVP game with that kind of gameplay. Be able to expand an actual Alien hive would be awesome. Sure you would have to tweak the mechanics but I have had a few ideas how they could get around it. I think be an awesome game if executed correctly. If none of you here have played I recommend you do. Here is a few videos of the game with one by me just playing the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhu9T0Hn7nM

Does anybody agree with on this? No? Well it may just be because love team and strategy games.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Apr 27, 2016, 10:59:17 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2016, 09:13:14 AM
Metro 2033/Last Light, fantastic atmosphere and very claustrophobic environments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOLj8FxF4VI

Ah. I never got around to playing those but heard they were fantastic.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Ive always wanted to build my own hive, a sort of Aliens sim.

I wouldnt mind taking my own alien and having customizable body parts and styles of body.

A game like avp2, not trying to copy Cod and no ridiculous insta/trophy kills, would be fantastic.

I missed the alien pounce in avp210. And didt care for the alien art style too much either. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed