Topher Grace

Started by Alien91, Mar 09, 2010, 02:32:01 PM

Author
Topher Grace (Read 2,056 times)

Alien91

Alien91

Does anyone know what Topher Grace's role will be in the film?

If itll will be major or minor?

The PredBen

The PredBen

He will be Edwin a smal , unassuming man , who is a serial killer. All the humans are " main " as there is only 9 of them ( 10 if you cound Noland the only minor character. )

Nole

Nole

He plays the BSP.

Keg

Keg

Ive only ever seen him in Spiderman 3 and his character was wasted. Should of left him out completely and had him as the main threat of a new film. Tacking his character on like that when they already had the Harry Osbourne/Sandman thing going on was too much and his screentime seemed rushed. Shame. Lets hope he gets a shine in this one.

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

He would'nt of been my first choice, there's no way that dude can take down a predator but I guess time will tell.

The Mercenary

The Mercenary

He's the only one to be taken to the planet unarmed, which is a massive plot hole but on the other hand he is the real 'Predator' in the film, it's going to be tough for him to portray this in an "Action Movie".

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Quote from: The Mercenary on Mar 09, 2010, 05:56:43 PM
He's the only one to be taken to the planet unarmed, which is a massive plot hole but on the other hand he is the real 'Predator' in the film, it's going to be tough for him to portray this in an "Action Movie".

Yeah thats something I gotta see, I personally havent read the script but hopefully they make good changes judging from all the stuff other pred fans didnt like.

Lie

Lie

Grace? Shes most likely gonna be the hudson character that freaks out but goes down with a fight.

Raptor

Raptor

ShadowStalker

ShadowStalker

Quote from: Keg on Mar 09, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
Ive only ever seen him in Spiderman 3 and his character was wasted. Should of left him out completely and had him as the main threat of a new film. Tacking his character on like that when they already had the Harry Osbourne/Sandman thing going on was too much and his screentime seemed rushed. Shame. Lets hope he gets a shine in this one.

It was rushed, remember reading while back that Sam Rami didnt even want to have venom in the movie, but Fox wanted it in there as its one of the more popular villians...But on the side not i thought Topher Grace was a stupid idea to have in the movie, but after reading the script and Edwin i think he will play him well

Alien91

Alien91

So Edwin is a bad guy?

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Yeah...Die Hard had nothing but buff guys in it...didn't it? ::)

And they are all bad guys, but Edwin is looked down by the rest because he is a little weasel serial killer. My guess is that he wasn't put on the planet to be hunted, but to be another obstacle for the others. I believe he was murdering somebody while the predators kidnapped him.

Royce

Royce

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Mar 10, 2010, 07:04:43 AM
I believe he was murdering somebody while the predators kidnapped him.

Agreed but it can be argued that because these Predators have picked a small group of humans who on Earth are predators in their own ways, they wanted a different type of challenge.  Picking humans who hunt and kill in their own ways is a good idea. The way Royce hunts down a person is different than how Edwin hunts downs a person etc etc etc.

The Predators could see Edwin in both ways – I.E. As an obstacle for the group and as prey to hunt for.

I look forward to Grace's performance the most. If he plays the part just right, Edwin could be the most memorable performance in the movie.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: ShadowStalker on Mar 09, 2010, 11:19:53 PM
Quote from: Keg on Mar 09, 2010, 05:09:33 PM

It was rushed, remember reading while back that Sam Rami didnt even want to have venom in the movie, but Fox wanted it in there as its one of the more popular villians...But on the side not i thought Topher Grace was a stupid idea to have in the movie, but after reading the script and Edwin i think he will play him well

Fox, meddling with their movies? Nooooo i dont believe that.

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

I think that his harmless appearence is to deceive the audience into thinking he is the only normal guy, that is right until the end parts of the fim.
SPOILER
I know that in the script we read we know from the beginning of the film that HE IS a serial killer, an accountant in real life. But in a recent plot summary, it was revealed that Edwin is a phycician (Sorry for the spelling), and is described as the only non killer, which leads me to believ that we wont know of his Serial killer nature.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed