Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 71,169 times)

newagescamartist

Quote from: HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER on Apr 27, 2017, 02:35:27 AM
What about the Deacon?

I think you guys are forgetting something. If Shaw spends all this time putting David back together & studding the boneship, then where is the deacon? Does the Deacon find a way to get on board the ship? Could the Deacon be the cause of Paradise's demise? While everybody is focused on the other two Xenomorphs, we are forgetting about the Deacon. I wonder if it will become the real bad guy in Covenant. Forget those other two Xenos, we ain't seen nothin yet. :)

I'd love to see/learn more about the deacon. I'm guessing dialogue in the movie will explain more.

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

Quote from: newagescamartist on Apr 27, 2017, 02:41:25 AM
What about the Deacon?

I think you guys are forgetting something. If Shaw spends all this time putting David back together & studding the boneship, then where is the deacon? Does the Deacon find a way to get on board the ship? Could the Deacon be the cause of Paradise's demise? While everybody is focused on the other two Xenomorphs, we are forgetting about the Deacon. I wonder if it will become the real bad guy in Covenant. Forget those other two Xenos, we ain't seen nothin yet. :)

I'd love to see/learn more about the deacon. I'm guessing dialogue in the movie will explain more.

Think about it...

The goo from Prometheus is what created the Trilobite. the Trilobite infected the engineer. Which gave birth to the Deacon. A deacon like creature is probably what the engineers were running away from in the hologram.

In Covenant, the Deacon find a way on board the boneship & ends up attacking paradise, somehow something goes wrong & Paradise is destroyed. If the deacon is intelligent, fr all we know it could end up being the real Space Jockey. As for the Queen, I'm guessing Shaw is somehow mutated into the queen. Something had to lay the eggs.

The same queen that is in Covenant could be the same Queen in Alien & Aliens.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: newagescamartist on Apr 27, 2017, 02:25:24 AM
I can't tell if people are being sarcastic or not, but I'd love to see an Alien movie with David and Shaw in a 2001 style film as well.

It's partly sarcasm (though I love the original Solaris), but I definitely was hoping for more of a mix of Blade Runner or 2001's headtrip philosophy, cosmic scale and transhumanism with Covenant's body horror and scares. I felt following the jockeys/Engineers to their world and exploring that would allow Ridley to get his space epic and horror show on without infringing on Alien's turf or repeating old territory. The story leading out from Prometheus gave the franchise a new larger scope and meta-structure which would've allowed them to tell weirder and less hidebound stories while also still doing Alien movies any time they wanted.

But here we are. And no, I think this movie is it for Shaw. I also think the Deacon ended up being some last minute thing in the final iteration of Prometheus; I don't think we'll ever see it again onscreen.

t's fun to see everybody jumping to conclusions about bombing. We still don't know how the Boneship is in this city, yet in other trailers, it is crash landed in the middle of the woods. How does it get their? Is it the same ship? We wont know till we see the movie.

David apparently says it crashed, but we don't know that for sure. It looks like it landed to me; I think he may be lying to sell a story of his being a poor castaway lost in space. There is a potential basis for this - for years fans thought the derelict on LV-426 crashed, but in recent years Ridley has said it 'landed' or made an emergency landing.

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

Weyland Yutani probably sees everything David is seeing. & probably downloaded orders to David to make him sabotage the mission. Don't forget, that David is just a robot, build for a purpose. It would be crazy if the Corporation sent a robot like David all the way out into uncharted space without a way to send & receive transmissions from him.

It's like your Android phone. Google can activate your camera & see everything you do.

fiveways

Quote from: newagescamartist on Apr 27, 2017, 02:25:24 AM
I can't tell if people are being sarcastic or not, but I'd love to see an Alien movie with David and Shaw in a 2001 style film as well. The events between Prometheus and Covenant just scream for that type of movie. Also, with David putting Shaw into cryo, doesn't it seem like Alien: Awakening could allude to Shaw's literal awakening? I haven't read much for spoilers so I'm not as well versed as some of you guys on the direction this is taking.

Partly jokes.  I'm actually completely serious about my first post.  I'd rather see that movie than Covenant.  I think my inner gore hound is dead.  I'd rather see a sad, contemplative alien film.

SpeedyMaxx

At this point I legitimately would not be surprised if a future film in Ridley's new saga reveals that David opens covert lines of communication with people inside Weyland-Yutani from his new home in deep space, or sends out a trail of breadcrumbs, and that's what puts them on track to make Nostromo touch down on LV-426 and enact Special Order 937. There was a reason they put Ash on the ship out of Thedus - they knew something was there.

I am not advocating this story development, I think it's too much. But at this point nothing would surprise me in terms of literal prequelization.

rabidranger

rabidranger

I don't have a problem with a paint by numbers approach honestly. That said, what's David's motivation to be in cahoots with WT or does he have a choice?

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Personal suspicion? He knows what the Company would make of his findings/creations, knows they would seek it out (just as Weyland and Project: Prometheus sought the gods) and wants to lure humanity in so he can annihilate them with the alien. David is behind it all!

And yes, I think that is exactly the scope Ridley is going for here in future. He loves Fassbender and the David character - David is his central axis for the future, these new movies are David's odyssey. I love David too, but I think this is the wrong use of him and the story.

Jarac

I liked seeing Shaw, again. Makes me wonder if David waits until after he's killed everyone to wake her up and say they were already dead?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

rabidranger

Quote from: Jarac on Apr 27, 2017, 04:04:12 AM
I liked seeing Shaw, again. Makes me wonder if David waits until after he's killed everyone to wake her up and say they were already dead?

I know it's unlikely but I have this nagging doubt this isn't the Engineers homeworld. It's a seeded plant David/Shaw arrives at either before/after "Paradise." I mean, the prologue for Covenant can be interpreted as ambiguous as the beginning of Prometheus.

gantarat

gantarat

What about the Deacon?

I think you guys are forgetting something. If Shaw spends all this time putting David back together & studying the boneship, then where is the deacon? Does the Deacon find a way to get on board the ship? Could the Deacon be the cause of Paradise's demise? While everybody is focused on the other two Xenomorphs, we are forgetting about the Deacon. I wonder if it will become the real bad guy in Covenant. Forget those other two Xenos, we ain't seen nothin yet. :)

It's fun to see everybody jumping to conclusions about bombing. We still don't know how the Boneship is in this city, yet in other trailers, it is crash landed in the middle of the woods. How does it get their? Is it the same ship? We wont know till we see the movie.

Deacon still on LV-223 and became an organic mountain in fire and stone comics.
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Deacon

Mustangjeff

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 27, 2017, 12:44:54 AM
Quote from: Mustangjeff on Apr 27, 2017, 12:28:59 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 27, 2017, 12:00:50 AM
Awesome is putting it lightly.

Plus David's statement about learning of their ways... he's probably going to be an anti-hero in the series.

Clearly he doesn't approve of their ways, and I hope the specifics of that come out in the film.  I'm starting to think that it's what David learns about the Engineers is what makes him decide to goo bomb them.  Initially, I thought he might have had it planned all along.

An interesting twist would be if David creates the Xeno as a weapons against Engineers to save Earth humans.  I find it hard to believe that this city contains the last group of Engineers in the whole galaxy.  Intelligent space faring civilization would not put all their eggs in one basket.  David would have a good idea if more are out there.

Obviously innocent people are going to die, but maybe his mind justifies the losses.

"Some must be sacrificed if all are to be saved" G'Kar
Well there is no reason to not think that David and Shaw already visited the true engineer home world first. Remember Ridley's "Awaking" comment about it being a prequel to covenant. The engineers may have killed Shaw and thus David decides to exterminate all humans from the galaxy out of blinding hatred. Which like Prometheus punishment is a bit of an over reaction. :P

Also the Alien was designed as a weapon that the engineers created, as per Ridley Scott. Also that the engineers aren't the ones that created humans. However the Alien we see could be how an android who's built in the image of man really feels on the inside.

I see it playing as the Alien created humans(engineers) and the covenant was to be host for them, until they turned on them. Meaning there must be some truly fearful being in the galaxy we haven't seen yet.

I don't think Awakening will be the prequel to Covenant.  I think that was just a case of Ridley misspeaking or not being clear.  It doesn't make much sense to do Covenant as a sequel to Prometheus. and then have the next film as a prequel to Covenant.  At least in my head it doesn't.  Why wouldn't he have just had this movie be Awakening and the next movie Covenant?  :)  At least to me it doesn't

Can you imaging the advirts?

From the director of ALIEN, The Martian, and Gladiator..    The prequel to the sequel of Prometheus...  Alien Awakening...

Jarac

Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 27, 2017, 04:11:24 AM
Quote from: Jarac on Apr 27, 2017, 04:04:12 AM

I know it's unlikely but I have this nagging doubt this isn't the Engineers homeworld. It's a seeded plant David/Shaw arrives at either before/after "Paradise." I mean, the prologue for Covenant can be interpreted as ambiguous as the beginning of Prometheus.
I can see that. From what we've seen of this planet, so-far, it doesn't seem to be high tech enough to be the Engineer's true homeworld.

Tonyhartmorph

"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'

David's out on a mission to undo what the Engineers have done. Paradise is just another seeded planet like Earth, except they haven't grown out of the petri dish... I bet!

It might explain why the Engineer went slightly berserk when he finds their errant creations turning up on his doorstep not only exceeding their limitations but also creating life of their own in A.I and David.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed