Could have been better. (2/5)
61 (13.3%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 456

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 281,410 times)

Highland

Highland

I think reading some points about the novel and with a bit of a better edit I would move my vote out of "was just ok" to "liked it"

A fan edit would probably be quite good.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Highland on Jun 09, 2017, 02:29:17 AM
I think reading some points about the novel and with a bit of a better edit I would move my vote out of "was just ok" to "liked it"

A fan edit would probably be quite good.
I'm intending to read the novel next. I haven't gotten around to it quite yet because I've been catching up on podcasts. Want to get caught up before "aliens minute" starts up this Sunday/Monday! :-)

D88M

D88M

Since "NickisSmart" has a kind of subtle agressive and vain tone that i dont like at all, not to mention he is misinterpreting what i have said to his convenience, i have decided to treat him as a troll from now on, that is ignoring him

Quote from: SM on Jun 09, 2017, 02:16:56 AM
I found it nice they dispensed with the slow burn and just got on with it.

I liked the fast pacing in the first hour, it was like Ridley saying "you all have seen this before, so lets get on with it as quick as possible" then David appears and the movie feels rushed, i can tell footage is missing, i will expand upon this later if i have the time

Magegg

Magegg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAQvkf27uGc

This is the review I agree the most with.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Engineer on Jun 09, 2017, 02:19:08 AM
Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 09, 2017, 12:42:22 AM
I like the idea that the Engineers had somehow found a way to control consciousness, in a sense.

What do you mean by this?

In this shot you see the liquid reacts to David's touch, it contains small electrochemical pulses, much like what is observed in brain activity.

Although I think the word control was wrong to use.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Jun 09, 2017, 02:16:56 AMI found it nice they dispensed with the slow burn and just got on with it.

I liked that it started that way, but it got tiresome towards the end. The last act aboard the Covenant in particular felt threadbare because it was so brief.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 09, 2017, 07:52:35 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 09, 2017, 02:16:56 AMI found it nice they dispensed with the slow burn and just got on with it.

I liked that it started that way, but it got tiresome towards the end. The last act aboard the Covenant in particular felt threadbare because it was so brief.

I don't know if you saw the video by nerdwriter on you tube about how if you re-arrange the movie passengers , you get a more interesting movie (worth a watch, the nerdwriter video that is).

That's how I feel about covenant. It's not that I totally hate all the things that happened, I just feel like they've been laid out in the wrong way. You could easily take the Neomorphs, Alien, Oram death, Walter fight, End sequence, David reveal and re-arrange the same pieces in a better way.

900SL

900SL

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 09, 2017, 07:47:38 AM
I like the idea that the Engineers had somehow found a way to control consciousness, in a sense.

In this shot you see the liquid reacts to David's touch, it contains small electrochemical pulses, much like what is observed in brain activity.

I always thought that was connected with whatever had killed the Engineers.. something trying to get in the room after the Engineers ran in there..

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: D88M on Jun 09, 2017, 04:56:03 AM
Since "NickisSmart" has a kind of subtle agressive and vain tone that i dont like at all, not to mention he is misinterpreting what i have said to his convenience, i have decided to treat him as a troll from now on, that is ignoring him

Quote from: SM on Jun 09, 2017, 02:16:56 AM
I found it nice they dispensed with the slow burn and just got on with it.

I liked the fast pacing in the first hour, it was like Ridley saying "you all have seen this before, so lets get on with it as quick as possible" then David appears and the movie feels rushed, i can tell footage is missing, i will expand upon this later if i have the time

Wise descision! I'm glad to see the thread is getting back on track too! :-)

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 09, 2017, 07:47:38 AM
Quote from: Engineer on Jun 09, 2017, 02:19:08 AM
Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 09, 2017, 12:42:22 AM

What do you mean by this?

Oh ok! Gotcha! Yea the "control" part confused me lol

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 09, 2017, 07:52:35 AM

Oh my god! Yes! That last action sequence felt way too rushed! And it started so abruptly, that it lost all the dread and suspense... to me anyway...

SM

SM

It's the old false ending, real ending trick.  You can't have too much time between them, and you have to juggle the Lope being impregnated and the David/ Walter switcheroo.  I'd have to watch it again to properly judge, but it didn't feel 'wrong' the first time.

Engineer

Engineer

It felt wrong to me. Alien and aliens pulled it off well; but I think covenant was trying to juggle too much in this case and it felt rushed as a result...

marialuis

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SM on Jun 09, 2017, 07:54:25 PM
It's the old false ending, real ending trick.  You can't have too much time between them, and you have to juggle the Lope being impregnated and the David/ Walter switcheroo.  I'd have to watch it again to properly judge, but it didn't feel 'wrong' the first time.

Personally I didn't like the double dip on the Xeno. It felt like hey I'm back, twice!

I would have preferred Lope been killed in some other way ( more Neomorphs) and impregnated Oram to make it back to the covenant only for the burst to happen there old school style then beef up the spooky corridor stuff.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Highland on Jun 10, 2017, 12:06:15 AM

Personally I didn't like the double dip on the Xeno. It felt like hey I'm back, twice!

I would have preferred Lope been killed in some other way ( more Neomorphs) and impregnated Oram to make it back to the covenant only for the burst to happen there old school style then beef up the spooky corridor stuff.

Or Lope is killed by the acid, they kill the Oram xeno like in the film, and then cut straight to everyone going to sleep.

Alien³

Alien³

Never felt wrong to me to. Fast paced, sure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed