660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 464,703 times)

SM

SM

Technology doesn't count for very much when you're taking an acid bath.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Jul 06, 2010, 12:57:33 AM
Man's right. Marines in Aliens, anyone?

The Demon

The Demon

Long distance attacks is what prevents that.

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 06, 2010, 01:01:34 AM
Man's right. Marines in Aliens, anyone?

The Marines in Aliens are not like Predators but I see what you mean.

SM

SM

Assuming you can maintain that long range.

It's all fun and games till someone has their flesh corroded off.

The Demon

The Demon

That's if the Predator gets fatally wounded by the acid. They won't always be in a spot where the acid is going to drench them completely. Wolf got sprayed in the head and he's still kicking ass.

SM

SM

Thought he was dead...?

Bevo2506

Bevo2506

Quote from: The Demon on Jul 06, 2010, 12:55:57 AM
So Predators win because they have the upper hand with their technology which wouldn't be provided without their level of intelligence.

in AvP the first two predators got killed by the same Alien in less than 10 minutes they didnt have the shoulder cannon but they had their wristblades and such

Quote from: SM on Jul 06, 2010, 01:10:22 AM
Thought he was dead...?

I think he died with the Predalien

BloodshedPred

BloodshedPred

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 05, 2010, 11:21:33 PM
Quote from: williammcnasty#awesome92 on Jul 05, 2010, 11:14:42 PM
-stronger than the aliens (i mean i dont think we ever saw an alien pick up a pred and through it or pick up a man with one hand)

aliens r so cool the design, their mthods everything but the preds alone r a stronger but the aliens have numbers if there was a thousand preds with no weapons theyd still win

That I disagree with. Not only have we seen an Alien pick up a Predator, we've seen them bash down steel bulkheads, a feat of strength that I have yet to see a Predator come close to matching.

And if the Pred has no weapons, he's essentially f**ked, barring the convenient placement of a nearby airlock or vat of molten lead paired with water. ;D

I know they might not be silimair to bulkheads,but we do see glimpses of maybe a pred in predators smacking an iron door down,we sall just have to wait and see :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Bevo2506 on Jul 06, 2010, 03:03:47 AM
Quote from: The Demon on Jul 06, 2010, 12:55:57 AM
So Predators win because they have the upper hand with their technology which wouldn't be provided without their level of intelligence.

in AvP the first two predators got killed by the same Alien in less than 10 minutes they didnt have the shoulder cannon but they had their wristblades and such

And if they were so damn smart, they wouldn't have not paid attention to their surroundings or become cocky.

Mr. Self Destruct

Mr. Self Destruct

You cannot go up against the structurally most perfect, most lethal, living organism in known existence.

In space, for some odd reason, they cannot be killed, period.

The reason the Resurrection aliens were able to be killed as their Human DNA. As seen in ALIEN, the original, they through everything they had at that thing (including blasting the damn thing with jets powerful enough to send a ship flying all the way through space) and its body was still INTACT.

Seriously, no matter if you're the goddamn Master Chief or the goddamn Batman, you are NOT killing this f**king thing if it is in space.

(Hell, even SUPERMAN needs sunlight to function properly, he would die as well.)

SM

SM

QuoteThe reason the Resurrection aliens were able to be killed as their Human DNA.

What about the Hadley ones that got shot?

Mr. Self Destruct

Mr. Self Destruct

Quote from: SM on Jul 06, 2010, 05:49:16 AM
QuoteThe reason the Resurrection aliens were able to be killed as their Human DNA.

What about the Hadley ones that got shot?

Once again, they weren't off world.

SM

SM

What has that got to do with anything?

The Auriga ones weren't in space.  They were on a spaceship that would've had a similar atmospheric pressure to the planet based colony.

Mr. Self Destruct

Mr. Self Destruct

Quote from: SM on Jul 06, 2010, 05:54:58 AM
What has that got to do with anything?

The Auriga ones weren't in space.  They were on a spaceship that would've had a similar atmospheric pressure to the planet based colony.

I think it has something to do with a Planet's core or electromagnetic field, I think it somehow weakens the Aliens.

SM

SM

I'm sure 157 colonist and a bunch of prisoners agree wholeheartedly...

There's weird theories and then there's weird theories...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed