brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 154,807 times)

Never say no to Panda!

Haha, jeah...get an urn!  ;D

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Nov 26, 2011, 07:00:06 PM
Haha, jeah...get an urn!  ;D

Haha.  Yeah, I noticed your new avatar in another topic.  It made me chuckle ;D

"Prometheus... In your local garden centre, the flowers can't hear you scream!"

StrangeShape

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Is that the Weyland-Yutani logo on Idris's shirt?

Never say no to Panda!

It's the logo we saw on several set photos...take the 3 triangle dots from the original Weyland-Yutani logo, add wings and done. May be Weyland only, maybe Weyland-Yutani or just Yutani...i guess it's version 1.

http://www.prometheus-movie.com/uploads/prometheus_set_weyland.png
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HmlugJG6pOI/TlorTBfROqI/AAAAAAAACJ4/xhiQKpuwtWY/s1600/prometheus_vehicle_truck.jpg

T Dog

T Dog

Well in some old interviews before it became Prometheus and was just an Alien Prequel, Ridley said: "They go and see Weyland, Yutani isn't in the picture yet".

But yeah, what's the difference between Prometheus and an Alien Prequel now then? It'll be interesting to find out what changes Lindelof made after we all the movie.

Anyway we shall how much of those old interviews hold true.

Kol

Kol

1 question: which ship (and the entire equipment) is older? the nostromo or the prometheus?

i mean: which were build first.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

No one knows. If you are curious why the ship and equipement in the "prequel" looks much more futuritic than in the original movie...it may be that the Nostromo is older or just not as good equipped since it has got a different purpose, no need of shiny stuff. Fly to this planet, mine that sh*t, come back. Only get out of the ship, if you need to repair stuff and so on.

The ship in Prometheus may be an up to date science vessel that needs high tech stuff for deep space exploration.
They would need slim suits as well and as you see they've got several versions of vehicles to explore the surface.

We already had that discussion a thousand times...in fact you can explain it this way. Someone compared it with up to date science to regular mine workers - in our time. The real reason is that they want to attract audience...you've got to satisfy the mainstream viewer,that wants fancy stuff, as well. Imagine you would use older equip than in Alien. See Star Wars Episode 1-3...better visual effects, better technology (or at least it looks better).

And there may be time travel...  :laugh:

greetings
Panda

ryanjayhawk

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: Kol on Nov 29, 2011, 03:19:56 PM
1 question: which ship (and the entire equipment) is older? the nostromo or the prometheus?

The same reason on any road trip you will see semi trucks that are brand new and shiny and then you will se older beat up semi's... if the Nostromo's only job was to haul mined ore from a planet to another planet they would probably use it till the thrusters fell off.  Prometheus and any other "exploration" ship may be much nicer.  Imagine if the Nostromo was a 40 year old ship, and Prometheus takes place 30 years before Alien than technically the Prometheus could be 10 model years newer than the Nostromo...

josh_axey

josh_axey

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on Nov 29, 2011, 05:03:48 PM

The same reason on any road trip you will see semi trucks that are brand new and shiny and then you will se older beat up semi's... if the Nostromo's only job was to haul mined ore from a planet to another planet they would probably use it till the thrusters fell off.  Prometheus and any other "exploration" ship may be much nicer.  Imagine if the Nostromo was a 40 year old ship, and Prometheus takes place 30 years before Alien than technically the Prometheus could be 10 model years newer than the Nostromo...

Exactly! 8)

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Well then....if that's how he'll appear in the movie...

SM

SM

I estimate the Nostromo was bult about 20 years prior to Alien.  But that's apropos of nothing.

Even given that I'd still say the Nostromo is a younger ship.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

What white guy doesn't look like the head in the Ampule room? Jesus...next..lol :)

SM

SM

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Nov 30, 2011, 04:12:59 AM
What white guy doesn't look like the head in the Ampule room? Jesus...next..lol :)

No not him.  No beard.

Also not

Eldritch

Eldritch

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Nov 30, 2011, 04:12:59 AM

Hey... wait a minute... it IS Jesus!!!! HALELUJA!

???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed