Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,783 times)

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Raven on Apr 03, 2010, 10:57:30 PM
MW2 multiplayer. Yeah I know. An awful amount of A holes seem to play this online. And when I use my headset and they realise I'm female the crap I get from these morons.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 04, 2010, 04:25:19 AM
It's a shame, really. Wish people were more open minded.

I used to be in a CoD4 clan that had the most insane female player you ever saw. Every single game she played in she would own. The amount of mouthy little kids I've seen rage quit because they couldn't get anywhere near her was hillarious.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Vulhala on Apr 06, 2010, 12:25:50 PM
Quote from: Raven on Apr 03, 2010, 10:57:30 PM
MW2 multiplayer. Yeah I know. An awful amount of A holes seem to play this online. And when I use my headset and they realise I'm female the crap I get from these morons.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 04, 2010, 04:25:19 AM
It's a shame, really. Wish people were more open minded.

I used to be in a CoD4 clan that had the most insane female player you ever saw. Every single game she played in she would own. The amount of mouthy little kids I've seen rage quit because they couldn't get anywhere near her was hillarious.

i really dont understand why some gamers haver such problems with females playing online... :-\

Vulhala

Vulhala

'Cos their egos won't accept being beaten by one most likely.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Vulhala on Apr 06, 2010, 12:31:59 PM

yeh, ive been killed by female players before and i dont get mad at all.
female's can be good at games aswell, who cares?

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Dark Passenger on Apr 06, 2010, 12:37:37 PM
Quote from: Vulhala on Apr 06, 2010, 12:31:59 PM

yeh, ive been killed by female players before and i dont get mad at all.
female's can be good at games aswell, who cares?
I think it is because the feel weak (not me personally just in general) and also they probably aren't used to girl gamers.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

HEAVY RAIN!! Best game i have played im my life time... andi play alot of games..

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Apr 06, 2010, 01:52:41 PM
HEAVY RAIN!! Best game i have played im my life time... andi play alot of games..
I am interested in picking it up but most of the stuff you do seem's mundane things. All though the fight bits and action bits seem pretty awesome. But to what extent do your choices actually do in the long run to affect the story??? ?

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Apr 06, 2010, 02:01:28 PM
I am interested in picking it up but most of the stuff you do seem's mundane things. All though the fight bits and action bits seem pretty awesome. But to what extent do your choices actually do in the long run to affect the story??? ?
it realy depends.. some choices will have small effects like you character getting hurt and some will have big consiquences later in the story.. like someone getting killed. so basicaly dipending on the choices you make you may get to play scenes other players have not seen at all and didnt know existed.. i have not finished it yet im half way and have been playing for 8-10 hours (i like to explore a bit) but there are 22 endings in total so thats alot of choices that make big impacts.. i say you should get it. deffo.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

METRO 2033.

Brb, new pants.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Apr 06, 2010, 03:52:28 PM
Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Apr 06, 2010, 02:01:28 PM
it realy depends.. some choices will have small effects like you character getting hurt and some will have big consiquences later in the story.. like someone getting killed. so basicaly dipending on the choices you make you may get to play scenes other players have not seen at all and didnt know existed.. i have not finished it yet im half way and have been playing for 8-10 hours (i like to explore a bit) but there are 22 endings in total so thats alot of choices that make big impacts.. i say you should get it. deffo.
I see your point and I probably will pick it up eventually but I am THINKING that the only differences in each play-through is if someone dies and the ending and I am hoping different endings have different killers.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Heavy Rain was pretty good, although I felt betrayed at the end when a single failed button-press ended a character's life.  >:(

I had gone to a lot of effort to make sure that character had all the right clues and was in the right position to make this a happy ending.

It has its flaws though. Despite its immense range of options, there's not a whole lot of replay value because there's no much gameplay to speak of it. The entire game is quick-time events. There only appears to be one "correct" path, so if you play well the first time through, then the only way to experience everything else is to mess up.

A brilliant narrative experience - once. But for a game, there's not much game. If I were you, I'd rent it and play the shit out of it over a weekend, in which time you can safely complete it for a fraction of the cost.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: MadassAlex on Apr 06, 2010, 04:34:00 PM
Heavy Rain was pretty good, although I felt betrayed at the end when a single failed button-press ended a character's life.  >:(

I had gone to a lot of effort to make sure that character had all the right clues and was in the right position to make this a happy ending.

It has its flaws though. Despite its immense range of options, there's not a whole lot of replay value because there's no much gameplay to speak of it. The entire game is quick-time events. There only appears to be one "correct" path, so if you play well the first time through, then the only way to experience everything else is to mess up.

A brilliant narrative experience - once. But for a game, there's not much game. If I were you, I'd rent it and play the shit out of it over a weekend, in which time you can safely complete it for a fraction of the cost.
Well I only ever rent sp games unless it is open world because I don't replay them even games like god of war. So you doubt different playthroughs would make much difference in the main bulk of the story (excluding the ending I don't want to play 10 of the same levels for a 2 minuets difference in the ending)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Yeah.

The "choices" in this game are way overblown. Everything you have to do for a good ending is really obvious, and many of the things you can choose to do have no real bearing on the story past superficial aspects. If you mess up, you'll miss out on clues and dialogue, but you'll essentially still have ways to get to the end and achieve your objective without too much difficulty.

Don't get me wrong, it's a tense, engrossing game while you play it... but once you've beat it, you've beat it.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: MadassAlex on Apr 06, 2010, 04:46:37 PM
Yeah.

The "choices" in this game are way overblown. Everything you have to do for a good ending is really obvious, and many of the things you can choose to do have no real bearing on the story past superficial aspects. If you mess up, you'll miss out on clues and dialogue, but you'll essentially still have ways to get to the end and achieve your objective without too much difficulty.

Don't get me wrong, it's a tense, engrossing game while you play it... but once you've beat it, you've beat it.
Thanks for the info. Look forward to play.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: MadassAlex on Apr 06, 2010, 04:46:37 PM
Yeah.

So basically the choice system isnt really all that upgraded from Fahrenheit? Which was a great game i might add and i loved it (apart from the last hour which really went tits up)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed